Wal-Mart Auto Tire Scam

Old July 6th 17, 03:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
micky

Default Wal-Mart battery Scam

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 5 Jul 2017 14:54:43 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 10:49:03 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:

>> >This is Wal-Mart, it's not a high end battery wholesaler. They don't care
>> >about customer service. They sell special batteries that are designed to be
>> >as cheap as possible and look like standard commercial batteries but aren't.

>> Another interesting thing.
>>
>> I noticed a while back that a roll of Gorilla Tape was 50 cents cheaper
>> at Home Depot than at Walmart.

>Wow, imagine that.
>

>> But today i was looking for Mopar Automatic Transmission Fluid+4.** I
>> found few listings for it, but one was in West Chester Pa., not far from
>> me, for 7 dollars a quart. Walmart had a 3rd party vendor whose location
>> I could not determine for $12.17 a quart. !!
>>
>> So my point is that like other stores that emphasize price, once they
>> convince people that they are cheaper than other places, they don't have
>> to be cheaper anymore, and sometimes are much more expensive.
>>

>I don't think Walmart or any other store ever said they will have the lowest prices on everything.

Of course they don't say it, but they do things to give that impression.

> And you're confusing Walmart price's for products in their store or from them online, with third party sellers that they list there too.

I'm not confusing anything. I'm reporting; you're confusing.

>> Mopar® Part # at
>> Quadratic: 68218057AA at 7.00
>> Walmart: .68218057AB, at 12.17 so the B must cost $5.17!!
>> Amazon: 5013457AA at 11.64
>> OEM Part Number 05013457AA
>> Item model number 68218057AA
>> Manufacturer Part # 68218057AA so it's the same thing too.
>>
>> I wonder what a Chrysler dealer would charge.
>>
>> Neither Mopar ad at Quatdratic or Walmart says it's synthetic, like
>> Pennzoil and Castrol say on the bottle, though Amazon lets you enlarge
>> the picture of the bottle and see that it does say synthetic.
>>

>> **Separate question: Is this any better for a Chrysler than Pennzoil or
>> Castrol, the only two brands other than house brands that I can walk in
>> and buy at the 3 stores just down the street from me?
>>
>> Somehow I have the feeling that Castrol isn't really a top-notch brand,
>> but I can't remember why I think that.

>I'm sure you can have endless debate on the virtues of one brand versus another. There are specs for the various fluid that all the providers must meet. As long as it meets the spec and it's from a recognized brand, that works for me. And the closer the car is to a clunker with an oil leak, the more acceptable a cheap house brand that meets the spec becomes.

I appreciate your effort but there is meeting the spec and there is
exceeding the spec or excelling in some way not covered by the spec.
And the car is nowwhere near clunker or I wouldn't thave asked.
Old July 8th 17, 01:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Way more then that micky because it's the car company they way more money
Old July 8th 17, 01:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Micky go to alto zoon they will it micky
Old June 28th 20, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Wal-Mart Auto Tire Scam

LMAO a blank webpage from Walmart saying it can't be found, looks like you failed.
Old June 28th 20, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

In article >,
> wrote:
>LMAO a blank webpage from Walmart saying it can't be found, looks like you failed.

It possible that webpage existed fourteen years ago when the message you are
replying to was posted.

Is the google interface so bad that people don't realize they are replying
to messages that are decades old?
--scott
Old June 29th 20, 05:12 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Paul in Houston TX[_2_]

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >,
> > wrote:
>> LMAO a blank webpage from Walmart saying it can't be found, looks like you failed.

> It possible that webpage existed fourteen years ago when the message you are
> replying to was posted.
>
> Is the google interface so bad that people don't realize they are replying
> to messages that are decades old?
> --scott

I saw a reply from a Google groupie to a 22 year old post a few
weeks ago. That is the oldest I have seen so far.
Still wonder if they are codes for "we attack at dawn" or
"the drug shipment is on the way".
Old June 29th 20, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
The Real Bev[_5_]

On 06/28/2020 03:02 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >,
> > wrote:
>>LMAO a blank webpage from Walmart saying it can't be found, looks like you failed.

> It possible that webpage existed fourteen years ago when the message you are
> replying to was posted.
>
> Is the google interface so bad that people don't realize they are replying
> to messages that are decades old?

I think it's more likely that stupid people just don't look at the
dates. Is it perhaps overkill to assume that the only people who read
usenet via googlegroups are stupid? Based on what I've seen, I think not.

--
Cheers, Bev
Warning -- Driver carries less than $20 worth of ammunition
Old June 29th 20, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Wade Garrett

On 6/29/20 12:06 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 06/28/2020 03:02 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> In article >,
>> * > wrote:
>>> LMAO a blank webpage from Walmart saying it can't be found, looks
>>> like you failed.

>> It possible that webpage existed fourteen years ago when the message
>> you are
>> replying to was posted.
>>
>> Is the google interface so bad that people don't realize they are
>> replying
>> to messages that are decades old?

> I think it's more likely that stupid people just don't look at the
> dates.* Is it perhaps overkill to assume that the only people who read
> usenet via googlegroups are stupid?* Based on what I've seen, I think not.

I don't know about the stupidity angle. You see that sort of thing on TV
and other news websites all the time...showing a story that actually ran
last week, last month or last year either with no date on it or it's
there but in small, light gray mouse print.

Ya' sorta assume that what you're reading is current...

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?
Old June 29th 20, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
The Real Bev[_5_]

On 06/29/2020 09:15 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
> On 6/29/20 12:06 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 06/28/2020 03:02 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>>> In article >,
>>>
>>> It possible that webpage existed fourteen years ago when the message
>>> you are
>>> replying to was posted.
>>>
>>> Is the google interface so bad that people don't realize they are
>>> replying
>>> to messages that are decades old?

>> I think it's more likely that stupid people just don't look at the
>> dates. Is it perhaps overkill to assume that the only people who read
>> usenet via googlegroups are stupid? Based on what I've seen, I think not.
>>

> I don't know about the stupidity angle.

If you use google groups rather than a REAL newsreader, I might be
willing to assume ignorance rather than stupidity, but that kind of
depends on the post.

> You see that sort of thing on TV
> and other news websites all the time...showing a story that actually ran
> last week, last month or last year either with no date on it or it's
> there but in small, light gray mouse print.
>
> Ya' sorta assume that what you're reading is current...

Indeed. It's not like we're hauling old newspapers out of the attic.

--
Cheers, Bev
"A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person
Old June 29th 20, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Wade Garrett

On 6/29/20 2:39 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 06/29/2020 09:15 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:

>>> I think it's more likely that stupid people just don't look at the
>>> dates.* Is it perhaps overkill to assume that the only people who read
>>> usenet via googlegroups are stupid?* Based on what I've seen, I think
>>> not.
>>>

>> I don't know about the stupidity angle.

> If you use google groups rather than a REAL newsreader,* I might be
> willing to assume ignorance rather than stupidity, but that kind of
> depends on the post.
>
>> You see that sort of thing on TV
>> and other news websites all the time...showing a story that actually ran
>> last week, last month or last year either with no date on it or it's
>> there but in small, light gray mouse print.
>>
>> Ya' sorta assume that what you're reading is current...

> Indeed.* It's not like we're hauling old newspapers out of the attic.

Yeah, that's true.

Some of the newsgroups I follow occasionally have forwards/reposts from
GG. I've wondered if some of them are posted from Forrest Gump sock
puppet accounts!

--
"Stupid is as stupid does."
- Forrest Gump