Disable limp mode! chrysler cirrus 98'

Old October 4th 16, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Michael Whorton

Default Disable limp mode! chrysler cirrus 98'

Okay my car is a beater and i only use it to get to work. It went into limp
mode and the code says p0700 generic transmition problem. Is there a way to
disable limp mode so i can continue to drive it until it dies? I cant afford a
new trans..thanks guys

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/...-98-72223-.htm

Old October 4th 16, 05:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Pfeiffer

Michael Whorton >
writes:

> Okay my car is a beater and i only use it to get to work. It went into limp
> mode and the code says p0700 generic transmition problem. Is there a way to
> disable limp mode so i can continue to drive it until it dies? I cant afford a
> new trans..thanks guys

Can you afford a new car instead? Because the one you're driving now
will be immobile within a couple of weeks whether you find a way to
disable limp-home mode (for the record, I don't know of a way) or not.
Have you checked the fluid level? It could be leaking.
Old October 4th 16, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
mike[_35_]

replying to Joe Pfeiffer, mike wrote:
> w of

To be perfectly honest it was SUPER low on oil when it started happening so i
filled it with oil. (Small oil leak at bottom of car). And all i'm saying is
that if its going to be like $2000 for a fix. I might as well buy another
beater. Thanks for the help, lord knows i need it. I wish there was a way to
disable it.

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/...-98-72223-.htm

Old October 5th 16, 03:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
greybuck

On Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 11:18:01 AM UTC-6, mike wrote:
> replying to Joe Pfeiffer, mike wrote:
> > w of

> To be perfectly honest it was SUPER low on oil when it started happening so i
> filled it with oil. (Small oil leak at bottom of car). And all i'm saying is
> that if its going to be like $2000 for a fix. I might as well buy another
> beater. Thanks for the help, lord knows i need it. I wish there was a way to
> disable it.
>
> --
> for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/...-98-72223-.htm

Has adding fluid helped? If not, the damage may already have been done. Usually, that transmission has done much better in the "cloud cars," than it did in the minivans.

KM