rFactor multiplayer DEMO

Old May 2nd 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default rFactor multiplayer DEMO

No one plays and the host server thing is down... So I just messed
around with that one track and one car... Man, whats wrong with the tire
physics in this game? Once you go into a slide there is no way to
recover.. I mean, barely sliding and you countersteer.. then it just
spins out. The only way to recover per say is just let go of the
throttle and full countersteer but you exit the corner at snail pace. Is
the real game better? Because there is no demo I don't see why anyone
would want to buy the game having never played it before.
Old May 2nd 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Chang

What you are playing with is a VERY OLD, pre-pre-release version that was
ONLY meant to test the NETCODE (which is pretty much perfect by the way)

There is no host server for that test version - there hasn't been for over a
year, and there is no real resemblance to the released game in that testing
version.

If you want to see what rFactor is now, you can download the full-version
and you have 48 hours to decide to keep it or not.

Cheers
==--==

Old May 2nd 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

48 hours... Is this done by registry or what?

whats to prevent me from going on a few 48hour cycles?

So how is the tire physics now? I mean... its pretty ridiculous that the
car slides out so easily.. Does that still happen now?

I'll download and play it eventually... Finals weeks so I should be
studying.. (keyword:Should)

the graphics in the Multiplayer DEMO kind of sucked too.. Or maybe I
just have things turned down...

Right now LFS S2 0.5T is taking my time but its getting boring real
fast... There is some improvement to the physics but its still far off
from realistic driving. I don't know what others are doing to take
corners but the only successful way I found in taking corners is
drifting... Haha

Old May 2nd 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

rF has so many different mods you are bound to find something that you like.
It's a must buy imo, and one of the best physics engines to date..

Old May 2nd 06, 08:49 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> rF has so many different mods you are bound to find something that you
> like. It's a must buy imo, and one of the best physics engines to date..

There's a lot more to drifting than just jumping in the nearest race car and
hanging the back end out. There's so many things to consider such as weight
distribution, suspension setup, diff setup, steering lock etc etc etc.

I'm not sure about the demo but I can assure you that the full version has
cars which are suitable for drifting - the Lienz cars in particular.

Old May 2nd 06, 09:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Chang Liu wrote:

> Right now LFS S2 0.5T is taking my time but its getting boring real
> fast... There is some improvement to the physics but its still far off
> from realistic driving. I don't know what others are doing to take
> corners but the only successful way I found in taking corners is
> drifting... Haha

What are you smoking?

Drifting isn't the fastest way to take corners in LFS or even real life
for that matter.

Old May 2nd 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Wait Wait. I take that back... Depends on the car and the corners I
guess.. LFS I just don't find grip driving practical because the only
two demo tracks are basically pure drift tracks.

The real question is what are the rally drivers smoking?
They should be gripping every turn then! [lets grip on ice and gravel,
that'll be fast, hahaha?]

Old May 2nd 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It's an ISI game. Icy Slidy Immitation

-Larry