VSS connector wiring for 95 civic LX

Old August 8th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Charles McKinley

Default VSS connector wiring for 95 civic LX

While dropping the transaxle during a clutch replacement job on a 95
Civic, I forgot to pull the cable connector to the vehicle speed sensor,
and the three wires got pulled out of the connector. My Haynes manual
doesn't show the arrangement of the wires in the connector; they're
blue, black, and black/yellow. Can someone tell me how they're supposed
to be arranged in the connector? If you can just tell me which wire goes
into the middle socket, I'll have a 50% chance of getting the other two
right on the first try.

Thanks for any help,

Chuck
Old August 9th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Charles McKinley

In article >,
Tegger > wrote:

> Weird. My factory shop manual for that car shows that connector (C112) to
> house:
> yel/wht, yel/blu, blk.
>
> In any case, black is ground. If you're looking at the open end of the
> connector on the wiring harness with the locking lug UP, blk is on the
> right.

Excellent, many thanks!
Old August 9th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Charles McKinley > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> Tegger > wrote:
>>
>> Weird. My factory shop manual for that car shows that connector
>> (C112) to house:
>> yel/wht, yel/blu, blk.
>>
>> In any case, black is ground. If you're looking at the open end of
>> the connector on the wiring harness with the locking lug UP, blk is
>> on the right.

> Excellent, many thanks!

Be nice if you could give an update.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old August 9th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Charles McKinley

In article >,
Tegger > wrote:

> Charles McKinley > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article >,
> > Tegger > wrote:
> >>
> >> Weird. My factory shop manual for that car shows that connector
> >> (C112) to house:
> >> yel/wht, yel/blu, blk.
> >>
> >> In any case, black is ground. If you're looking at the open end of
> >> the connector on the wiring harness with the locking lug UP, blk is
> >> on the right.

> > Excellent, many thanks!
> >

> Be nice if you could give an update.

My mistake, I checked the title and it's a 96 civic. It appears that the
color codes changed between 95 and 96. In any case, it's working now.
The color codes that correspond to the connector arrangement you
described (in the same order) a

blue/white, black/yellow, black

Thanks again for your help.

Chuck