Finally, Upgraded Brake Rotors for 1993 Cobras

Old July 27th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Finally, Upgraded Brake Rotors for 1993 Cobras

Not that I need them [right] now, but it's nice to [finally] see an
alternative.

Front and rear brakes too.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...0%201&comp=LRS

Patrick
Old July 28th 08, 07:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brad and Karen

Hey Patrick.

As I 1993 Cobra owner, I can't believe how bad the brakes are on this car.

My 2006 Lincoln is in the shop now - fuel pump went poof - and Ford gave me
a new Focus to drive this weekend. That thing has WAY better brakes than my
Mustang. Even my wife's Honda Sportscute, CRV, has better brakes.

It's scary to drive a car with this much power and have to put your foot to
the floor everytime to slow it down. I never wanted to screw with the brakes
cause I love the turbine wheels, but now maybe I don't have to.

Brad

Old July 28th 08, 12:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

"Brad and Karen" > wrote in message
newsZdjk.140877$gc5.39324@pd7urf2no...
> Hey Patrick.
>
> As I 1993 Cobra owner, I can't believe how bad the brakes are on this car.
>
> My 2006 Lincoln is in the shop now - fuel pump went poof - and Ford gave
> me a new Focus to drive this weekend. That thing has WAY better brakes
> than my Mustang. Even my wife's Honda Sportscute, CRV, has better brakes.
>
> It's scary to drive a car with this much power and have to put your foot
> to the floor everytime to slow it down. I never wanted to screw with the
> brakes cause I love the turbine wheels, but now maybe I don't have to.
>
> Brad

Powerslot rotors was the very first upgrade I've ever done with a car. Any
car. The '93 had god-awful brakes, and I wondered a couple of times if I was
going to be able to stop in time. After the Powerslots, no more worries. And
no more warped rotors. They're installed on both of my '93s now. (And
they're $197/pair, too, at that same website.)

dwight

Old July 29th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jul 28, 6:17 am, "dwight" > wrote:

> Powerslot rotors was the very first upgrade I've ever done with a car. Any
> car. The '93 had god-awful brakes, and I wondered a couple of times if I was
> going to be able to stop in time. After the Powerslots, no more worries. And
> no more warped rotors. They're installed on both of my '93s now. (And
> they're $197/pair, too, at that same website.)

dwight,

Unfortunately, Powerslot doesn't make them to fit the 1993 Cobra.
(The Cobra's rotors are different than the standard 5-oh cars.)

Patrick

> > > wrote in message
> >> Not that I need them [right] now, but it's nice to [finally] see an
> >> alternative.

> >> Front and rear brakes too.

> >>http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...em_no=SS-23480...

> >> Patrick

Brake Rotors-Are They All The Same? [email protected] Technology 11 January 15th 07 03:31 PM
brake rotors keep warping [email protected] Technology 35 July 7th 06 03:45 PM
NEW Brake Rotors on BMW...ALWAYS??? kevin.lavery BMW 18 May 3rd 06 01:16 AM
Vipar brake rotors Ebay Technology 0 April 18th 06 01:06 AM
Brake rotors already grooving [email protected] Technology 46 January 15th 05 03:42 PM