Beater driving SADDAMite sends woman and 4 children to the hospital

Old July 14th 10, 05:11 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_7_]

Default Beater driving SADDAMite sends woman and 4 children to the hospital

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/2a3p7yz

<< article repeated below as the site may require registration >>

After the accident, the trailer trash driver of the GM beater turns
around and drives by to admire his work.

What I don't get is why one of the witnesses who stopped and saw the
SADDAMite make the u-turn and visit the scene of the crime didn't get
the *******'s tag #...

<< Begin Article Quote >>

By LOUIE BROGDON The Brunswick News

One bad driver turned a Glynn County woman's life - and vehicle - on
its end.

Alexandra Luke, 21, of Glynn County, was driving north on Altama
Avenue, north of Buckingham Place, in the inside lane Friday when the
driver of a light blue Oldsmobile started drifting into her lane.

"I was going down Altama with four kids in the car. I had my 2- and
3-year-old(s) and two of my neighbor's kids. I was in the far left
lane and the blue car started coming over," she said. "I honked my
horn, but they kept coming."

In an attempt to avoid being hit by the car, Luke tried to steer away
from it, but a median posed another danger. The passenger side of her
Ford Explorer struck a light pole and the impact sent her vehicle
spinning into a southbound lane, she said.

"My passenger side hit the median, and it flipped my car over. My arm
was trapped under the car. Now it's broken in four places," Luke said.

A few witnesses stopped to help the woman and children get out of the
SUV, but the car that allegedly caused the wreck only came back for
the driver to look, Luke said.

"A guy who witnessed the whole thing said the light blue car made a
U-turn to drive-by and see what happened, but they just kept driving,"
she said.

Luke, now without a car, is a single mother of two with no medical
insurance, and she said police told her there was little hope of
finding the car that ran her into the median.

Everyone in Luke's car was taken to the Brunswick hospital of
Southeast Georgia Health System, but injuries and medical bills aren't
her only problems.

Luke said her car insurance company told her she wasn't covered for
the accident, though a police report shows her insurance as being
up-to-date.

More than anything, Luke wants the persons in the light blue
Oldsmobile found and held accountable.

"I feel like, wow, how can someone just get away with something like
this?" she said.

The children, who were slightly injured, in the accident were ages 2,
3, 6 and 14.
--
S&DDAM admits to putting others in danger with its beater
(gramatical errors left as is):

"Foot pumps are a joke. I had one once and since the piston only moves like
2 inches it took 50 pumps to raise the pressure by one psi. Go with the
hand pumps where the piston moves around 15 inches. One of my tires has
exposed cords and i have to pump it up every week. "

--Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS, 3/6/08
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/yvrmhl
Msg ID:
Old July 14th 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2010-07-14, necromancer <Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
> Ref: http://tinyurl.com/2a3p7yz
>
><< article repeated below as the site may require registration >>
>
> After the accident, the trailer trash driver of the GM beater turns
> around and drives by to admire his work.
>
> What I don't get is why one of the witnesses who stopped and saw the
> SADDAMite make the u-turn and visit the scene of the crime didn't get
> the *******'s tag #...
>

><< Begin Article Quote >>
>
> By LOUIE BROGDON The Brunswick News
>
> One bad driver turned a Glynn County woman's life - and vehicle - on
> its end.
>
> Alexandra Luke, 21, of Glynn County, was driving north on Altama
> Avenue, north of Buckingham Place, in the inside lane Friday when the
> driver of a light blue Oldsmobile started drifting into her lane.
>
> "I was going down Altama with four kids in the car. I had my 2- and
> 3-year-old(s) and two of my neighbor's kids. I was in the far left
> lane and the blue car started coming over," she said. "I honked my
> horn, but they kept coming."

Should have hit the blue car. It would be softer. Yes it's counter
intutitive, but with no escape route, it's the best choice.

Old July 19th 10, 03:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are Murderers

On Jul 14, 10:11*am, necromancer
<Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:

> "My passenger side hit the median, and it flipped my car over. My arm
> was trapped under the car. >

HUH??? Arm trapped under the car?? Did she have her left arm out the
window while all this was going on?