Parking brake indicator light

Old October 26th 05, 06:32 AM
Rich

Default Parking brake indicator light

1982 rabbit diesel, problems with driving in rain
causing false operation of hand brake warning lite
comes on dim, then brighter. where is the switch?
or could it be in the wiring harness or dashboard?
any ideas. thanks rich
Old October 26th 05, 10:52 AM
N8N

Rich wrote:
> 1982 rabbit diesel, problems with driving in rain
> causing false operation of hand brake warning lite
> comes on dim, then brighter. where is the switch?
> or could it be in the wiring harness or dashboard?
> any ideas. thanks rich

switch is under the handbrake handle

nate

Old January 25th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

N8N wrote:
> Rich wrote:
>
>>1982 rabbit diesel, problems with driving in rain
>>causing false operation of hand brake warning lite
>>comes on dim, then brighter. where is the switch?
>>or could it be in the wiring harness or dashboard?
>>any ideas. thanks rich

> switch is under the handbrake handle
>
> nate

I know I'm replying to a post from several months back, but I have a
question. Where is the switch for an '84 rabbit? I don't see anything
under my handbrake handle -- except the floor. I had a problem a few
months ago where the parking brake was broken, but the parking brake
warning light was on constantly. Then, I had a mechanic fix the brake
for me. Ever since then, the light NEVER comes on, even when I do set
the parking brake. I'd love to find the switch for mine.

Thanks,
Bryan Walton

--
Remove the REMOVE from my email to email
Old January 28th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On 2006-01-25, Bryan K. Walton > wrote:
> N8N wrote:
>>

> I know I'm replying to a post from several months back, but I have a
> question. Where is the switch for an '84 rabbit? I don't see anything
> under my handbrake handle -- except the floor. I had a problem a few

Never mind. I found it. It had come loose and was hiding inside.

Thanks,
Bryan

--
remove the "REMOVE" from my email to email