Most Big Suv/Truck owners deserve what they're they're paying at thegas pump

Old June 5th 08, 06:34 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
JoeSpareBedroom

Default Most Big Suv/Truck owners deserve what they're they're paying at the gas pump

"Sal" > wrote in message
On Jun 5, 12:22 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
> "C. E. White" > wrote in
> messagenews:4847f034$1@kcnews01...
>

> > "Mike Dobony" > wrote in message
> . ..

> >> Sorry, missed the original post.

> >> You are a total moron. Iraq is about terrorism. Saddam not only trained
> >> terrorists, but also paid rewards to families of suicide bombers.

> > Can't many of these same things be said about the rulers of Saudi
> > Arabia -our supposedly good friends?

> That's an inconvenient truth. Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the
> Middle
> East. That's the country we should've invaded and placed under permanent
> new
> management.

But the government doesn't care about that. The rulers of Saudi Arabia
keep the oil flowing to the US freely and that's all that matters.
Saddam had signed oil contracts with China and Russia and now those
contracts are VOID.
People who think the Iraq war was about WMDs or Terrorism probably
took the SHORT BUS to school when they were kids.

=====================

We could've kept the oil flowing. First two goals: Destroy the weaponry we
sold them, and put the bulk of our military effort into taking their oil
facilities. I'm sure Israel would've been happy to help.

Old June 5th 08, 06:44 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
JoeSpareBedroom

"still just me" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:28:03 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:
>

>>My 92 Taurus wasn't bad, except for the fusible link they located down
>>near
>>road level, with a cheesy plastic cover that did nothing to protect the
>>thing from salt. One day, dead car. $50 to tow it, but luckily, my
>>mechanic
>>decided to redesign the thing using his own materials, so the repair was
>>cheap. Still, though, if that had happened in the middle of nowhere...

> And except for the tranny failures that 50% of Taurus had at 70K
> miles... or had they corrected those by '92? :-)

I bought mine used in 1999 with 80K miles and drove it until about 200K,
towing a 1000 lb boat each summer. No tranny problems.

Old June 5th 08, 07:27 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>"Sal" > wrote in message
>On Jun 5, 12:22 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>

>>"C. E. White" > wrote in
>>messagenews:4847f034$1@kcnews01...
>>

>>>"Mike Dobony" > wrote in message
t...

>>>Can't many of these same things be said about the rulers of Saudi
>>>Arabia -our supposedly good friends?
>>>

>>That's an inconvenient truth. Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the
>>Middle
>>East. That's the country we should've invaded and placed under permanent
>>new
>>management.
>>

>But the government doesn't care about that. The rulers of Saudi Arabia
>keep the oil flowing to the US freely and that's all that matters.
>Saddam had signed oil contracts with China and Russia and now those
>contracts are VOID.
>People who think the Iraq war was about WMDs or Terrorism probably
>took the SHORT BUS to school when they were kids.
>
>=====================
>

>We could've kept the oil flowing. First two goals: Destroy the weaponry we
>sold them, and put the bulk of our military effort into taking their oil
>facilities. I'm sure Israel would've been happy to help.

I don't see a problem with backing up a few tankers and getting some
payback.....
<I know that is very simplistic, but it sounds good :-)>

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old June 5th 08, 07:47 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
D.

GO AND **** YOURSELF !!!
you wish you could afford one .
truck owner

Old June 5th 08, 07:49 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
larry moe 'n curly

Mike Dobony wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:49:35 -0700, wrote:

S> If all those people who bought SUVs to look cool who only needed a
S> fuel efficient station wagon or their needs had bought the station
S> wagon instead, then the 4000+ soldiers who died in Iraq so you can
S> fill up your SUV may still be alive.
>
> Sorry, missed the original post.
>
> You are a total moron. Iraq is about terrorism.

Not until we invaded in 2003.

> Saddam not only trained terrorists,

No, he didn't.

> but also paid rewards to families of suicide bombers.

He didn't instigate any of the suicide bombings, and none of the
bombings was against the US.

> He threatened other countries

Many dogs bark loudly but are harmless, chained down, and fenced in.

> and continued clandestine weapons development.

Not since the end of the Gulf War, except for some very minor work
that was knocked out by Clinton's Operation Desert Fox (Wikipedia it
to see what it was about) or that turned out to be legal according to
UN rules.

> When the UN inspected sites, files had been removed before their arrival.

Not really. Iraq sent tons of documents to the UN, and they turned
out to be accurate, not only according to the UN weapons inspectors
but also the US weapons search that cost a total of $600 million.

> Saddam was mad, but like Hitler, not stupid. The UN on the other hand . .
> told Saddam where they were going to inspect days before the inspection.
> How many criminals would be caught if the judges required a waiting period
> and advanced notice for serving papers and drug raids? Talk about
> STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reality the UN inspectors would suddenly change their venue at the
last moment, and Saddam had problems hiding from them, and our own
weapons inspectors later agreed with the UN's findings. But the major
reason why weapons weren't found in 2002-2003 was because it turned
out that Saddam, fearful of US attack, had obeyed UN mandates and
already destroyed his stockpile. Remember, GW Bush himself has said
that no WMDs have been found in Iraq, and none of the insurgents in
Iraq have used any WMDs, except homemade ones (i.e., blowing up tanker
trucks full of chlorine). OTOH tons of conventional munitions that
had definitely been part of Saddam's stockpile have been used by them.

You need to check some reputable sources of information about Iraq,
like Thomas Rick's FIASCO or these Frontline documentaries:

www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/terror/

Where have you been getting your information?

Old June 5th 08, 07:56 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
larry moe 'n curly

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> "C. E. White" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Mike Dobony" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> >
> >> Sorry, missed the original post.
> >>
> >> You are a total moron. Iraq is about terrorism. Saddam not only trained
> >> terrorists, but also paid rewards to families of suicide bombers.

> > Can't many of these same things be said about the rulers of Saudi
> > Arabia -our supposedly good friends?

> That's an inconvenient truth. Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the Middle
> East. That's the country we should've invaded and placed under permanent new
> management.

DId you notice that Scott McClellan's recent book says that the real
reason for invading Iraq wasn't to stop WMDs or terrorism but to
increase our access to oil by creating a pro-American Iraq that would
counter Saudi Arabia? A couple of years ago, I mentioned that this
was Dick Cheney's grand plan -- have the Shiites in Iraq liberate
eastern Saudi Arabia, which is where all the Saudi oil is located and
where everybody is Shiite.

Old June 5th 08, 08:08 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
JoeSpareBedroom

"larry moe 'n curly" > wrote in message

> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>
>> "C. E. White" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Mike Dobony" > wrote in message
>> > .. .

>> > Can't many of these same things be said about the rulers of Saudi
>> > Arabia -our supposedly good friends?

>> That's an inconvenient truth. Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the
>> Middle
>> East. That's the country we should've invaded and placed under permanent
>> new
>> management.

> DId you notice that Scott McClellan's recent book says that the real
> reason for invading Iraq wasn't to stop WMDs or terrorism but to
> increase our access to oil by creating a pro-American Iraq that would
> counter Saudi Arabia? A couple of years ago, I mentioned that this
> was Dick Cheney's grand plan -- have the Shiites in Iraq liberate
> eastern Saudi Arabia, which is where all the Saudi oil is located and
> where everybody is Shiite.

It's on my list to read. I'm just about done with this:
http://www.amazon.com/Marching-Towar.../dp/0743299698

Get that book if you want to be nauseated (further). Of course, the author
can't be trusted because he's a former CIA agent and what the hell do they
know, but it's still interesting.

Old June 5th 08, 08:59 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Dale[_1_]

I agree. Only rich people should be allowed to drive nice SUVs and
such. There are entirely too many poor people driving fancy vehicles.
Why stop at $6/gallon in new taxes. Let's raise the tax to $100/gallon
and forget this nonsense of giving tax breaks to those who don't pay
any taxes. Let them ride bicycles like they do in China. If we did
that then the Interstate system would be a much more pleasant drive
for those of us who could afford it.

The Europeans have it right. Tax the poor until they don't drive
unless they absolutely have to so the roads are safer for the rich.

Old June 5th 08, 09:12 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>"larry moe 'n curly" > wrote in message
>

>>JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>>

>>>"C. E. White" > wrote in message

et...

>>>That's an inconvenient truth. Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the
>>>Middle
>>>East. That's the country we should've invaded and placed under permanent
>>>new
>>>management.
>>>

>>DId you notice that Scott McClellan's recent book says that the real
>>reason for invading Iraq wasn't to stop WMDs or terrorism but to
>>increase our access to oil by creating a pro-American Iraq that would
>>counter Saudi Arabia? A couple of years ago, I mentioned that this
>>was Dick Cheney's grand plan -- have the Shiites in Iraq liberate
>>eastern Saudi Arabia, which is where all the Saudi oil is located and
>>where everybody is Shiite.

I hate to be a part of the conspiracy bunch..... but........
As far as motives go, doesn't a rational person have to look at what
industry each (Cheney/Bush)
family dynasties happened to be in?? Huh... the oil and even more
importantly the OIL SERVICING Industry...
Especially sine the touted "motives" didn't pan out to be true at all...
<shrugs shoulders>

But regardless of the "whys", the "hows" were completely bungled on an
massive scale of sheer incompetence.

Old June 5th 08, 09:55 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 12:19:16 -0500, Ric Seyler wrote:

>>>If all those people who bought SUVs to look cool who only needed a fuel
>>>efficient station wagon or their needs had bought the station wagon
>>>instead, then the 4000+ soldiers who died in Iraq so you can fill up
>>>your SUV may still be alive.
>>>

>>Not necessarily. The "blood for oil" thing never really paid off, did it?
>>

> No kidding...... Cheney/Bush even screwed that up! <shakes head>

Not *QUITE* what I had in mind, but I guess if it works for 'ya...