Hello again from Pennsylvania

Old July 18th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
the Sam

Default Hello again from Pennsylvania

Hey, some of you may remember me, some of you may not, just popped in
to say hi though. I was a "member" off and on for a few years starting
about 10 years ago. I still have the 'stang, a '95 Black/Tan GT. It's
got about 140,000 miles now, but it still runs strong. Still, the only
mod is a tri-ax shifter. Knock on wood I haven't had any major ailments
with it yet.
Anyway, it's good to see a few familiar "faces" in the crowd, I hope
everyone is doing as well as can be expected.
take 'er easy,
Sam(uel)
'95 GT

Old July 19th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

"the Sam" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Hey, some of you may remember me, some of you may not, just popped in
> to say hi though. I was a "member" off and on for a few years starting
> about 10 years ago. I still have the 'stang, a '95 Black/Tan GT. It's
> got about 140,000 miles now, but it still runs strong. Still, the only
> mod is a tri-ax shifter. Knock on wood I haven't had any major

ailments
> with it yet.
> Anyway, it's good to see a few familiar "faces" in the crowd, I hope
> everyone is doing as well as can be expected.
> take 'er easy,
> Sam(uel)
> '95 GT

Sam - how the hell are ya, bud? Still playin, I hope. Wonder where
Mike is...

Good to hear from you again. BTW, the LX has 150k on it now and still
runs like a top. Just got a brand new pair of headlights for $65
(both). More than twice as bright as the old foggies. Night driving is
fun again.

Joe
Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch wtih a few goodies
Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC
Old July 19th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"the Sam" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hey, some of you may remember me, some of you may not, just popped in
> to say hi though. I was a "member" off and on for a few years starting
> about 10 years ago. I still have the 'stang, a '95 Black/Tan GT. It's
> got about 140,000 miles now, but it still runs strong. Still, the only
> mod is a tri-ax shifter. Knock on wood I haven't had any major ailments
> with it yet.
> Anyway, it's good to see a few familiar "faces" in the crowd, I hope
> everyone is doing as well as can be expected.
> take 'er easy,
> Sam(uel)
> '95 GT

Hey, Sam(uel)!

I still have TFrog, have added a CFrog, and moved further west of Philly to
Paradise (including a 2-car garage, thank you very much).

TFrog is up at 196,600 and won't start at the moment - otherwise, still
great fun. CFrog is a sweet '93 GT convertible that I picked up when
Princess no longer drove the Princessmobile (g'bye, ya little 4-banger).

Otherwise, I older, crankier, and have one foot in an "empty nest."

dwight
www.tfrog93.com

Old July 19th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
the Sam

Default semi-OT: Hello again from Pennsylvania

> Sam - how the hell are ya, bud? Still playin, I hope. Wonder where

> Mike is...
>
> Good to hear from you again. BTW, the LX has 150k on it now and still
> runs like a top. Just got a brand new pair of headlights for $65
> (both). More than twice as bright as the old foggies. Night driving is
> fun again.
>
> Joe
> Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch wtih a few goodies
> Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

Hey Joe! Good to see you're here man. I'm still playing...more than
ever actually, I play bass in a blues band with a couple of guys. When
I signed on it had been years since I'd been on stage, I forgot what an
absolute rush it is. I just got a new toy this week too, after years of
not being a fan of Fender guitars I bought a Strat...and love it. I got
a J-bass when it was learned that I would be on stage and that started
the gears turning. I hope you're still playing as well.

I've been lucky to avoid the foggy light plague so far. The only
problem I have now is the AC blows kinda cool...not cold. I hate to
tempt fate but the GT has been as reliable a car as I could hope for.
(knocking furiously on wood)

Take care man,
Sam(uel)

Old July 19th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
the Sam

> Hey, Sam(uel)!
>
> I still have TFrog, have added a CFrog, and moved further west of Philly to
> Paradise (including a 2-car garage, thank you very much).
>
> TFrog is up at 196,600 and won't start at the moment - otherwise, still
> great fun. CFrog is a sweet '93 GT convertible that I picked up when
> Princess no longer drove the Princessmobile (g'bye, ya little 4-banger).
>
> Otherwise, I older, crankier, and have one foot in an "empty nest."
>
> dwight
> www.tfrog93.com

Hey dwight,
I had a hunch you'd be here. Congrats on the move, I dream of a garage
at night...and sometimes during the day too. Glad to see you have TFrog
still, even if it is immobile at the moment. I checked out your page,
the CFrog looks like a lot of fun, and your patch of the earth looks
great too. I picked up a '93 wrangler for winter driving, and although
technically a drop top, it's such a pain to take the hard top on and
off that I don't do much topless cruising. I've been eyeing a 'vert GT
for a while, but that would most certainly involve selling the GT at
this point in my life and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet.
Stay cranky, it suits you,
Sam(uel)

Old July 19th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"the Sam" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>> Hey, Sam(uel)!
>>
>> I still have TFrog, have added a CFrog, and moved further west of Philly
>> Paradise (including a 2-car garage, thank you very much).
>>
>> TFrog is up at 196,600 and won't start at the moment - otherwise, still
>> great fun. CFrog is a sweet '93 GT convertible that I picked up when
>> Princess no longer drove the Princessmobile (g'bye, ya little 4-banger).
>>
>> Otherwise, I older, crankier, and have one foot in an "empty nest."
>>
>> dwight
>> www.tfrog93.com

> Hey dwight,
> I had a hunch you'd be here. Congrats on the move, I dream of a garage
> at night...and sometimes during the day too. Glad to see you have TFrog
> still, even if it is immobile at the moment. I checked out your page,
> the CFrog looks like a lot of fun, and your patch of the earth looks
> great too. I picked up a '93 wrangler for winter driving, and although
> technically a drop top, it's such a pain to take the hard top on and
> off that I don't do much topless cruising. I've been eyeing a 'vert GT
> for a while, but that would most certainly involve selling the GT at
> this point in my life and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet.
> Stay cranky, it suits you,
> Sam(uel)

Pssst... Of the many Fox convertibles I looked at, prices ranged from
$3,000 to almost $7,000 for mint. Obviously, the less you spend, the more
you'll spend - you know what I mean, but they can be picked up for a song
these days. Especially if the owner doesn't really know what he's got. If it
runs well, just throw on a new top for about $750 installed, and it'll look
fantastic. Or, as I constantly remind my wife, you'll NEED a spare set of
wheels when you drive a car that's pushin' 14 years now.

(Oh... and that patch o' Earth is why I'm not driving a 2006 GT convertible!
The new mortgage, even at last year's rates, is more than twice what we were
used to. Add to that all of the increased expenses that go along with a
nicer home, and it's a real eye-opener. Still, I'd rather live in Paradise
and be house-poor than be back in that little twin home we grew out of...)

dwight

Old July 20th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

"the Sam" > wrote in
oups.com:

> > Sam - how the hell are ya, bud? Still playin, I hope. Wonder where

>> Mike is...
>>
>> Good to hear from you again. BTW, the LX has 150k on it now and

still
>> runs like a top. Just got a brand new pair of headlights for $65
>> (both). More than twice as bright as the old foggies. Night driving

is
>> fun again.
>>
>> Joe
>> Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch wtih a few goodies
>> Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

> Hey Joe! Good to see you're here man. I'm still playing...more than
> ever actually, I play bass in a blues band with a couple of guys. When
> I signed on it had been years since I'd been on stage, I forgot what

an
> absolute rush it is. I just got a new toy this week too, after years

of
> not being a fan of Fender guitars I bought a Strat...and love it.

Awesome! I've had a Strat now for a couple years (a '97 Roadhouse with
TexMex pickups) and I really love mine as well.

> I got
> a J-bass when it was learned that I would be on stage and that started
> the gears turning. I hope you're still playing as well

Sort of. Nothing on stage, but I pick up the Strat every so often and
crank it up. Always a good rush.

> I've been lucky to avoid the foggy light plague so far. The only
> problem I have now is the AC blows kinda cool...not cold. I hate to
> tempt fate but the GT has been as reliable a car as I could hope for.
> (knocking furiously on wood)
>
> Take care man,
> Sam(uel)

Sounds like it's time to get the system checked out. Maybe a small leak
somewhere.. The LX's A/C died about a month ago, but it was only
because the clutch on the compressor locked up. Bearings were shot.
After installing a new clutch it worked like new again. Lucky I didn't
have to replace the whole damn thing...

If you ever need parts, check out Tim (Musttanguy). He's still a great
resource for parts IMO, and you can't beat his service. He's at
www.ponyperformance.com

Joe
Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

vangon for sale in SE Pennsylvania, USA Rich VW air cooled 0 September 11th 05 11:25 PM
Philly to Buffalo: Yahoo driving directions weird? Julie P. Driving 15 August 19th 05 11:52 AM
pennsylvania driving help bill Driving 2 May 16th 05 12:03 AM
2001 TJ Sport For Sale - Pennsylvania - 26k miles $13500 [email protected] Jeep 0 May 5th 05 03:52 PM
1959 antique Pennsylvania temporary license plate-RARE-ebay-$10 CAINE Ford Mustang 0 May 3rd 05 11:45 PM