the importance of thermostats

Old September 20th 13, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

Default the importance of thermostats

On 2013-09-20, jim beam > wrote:
> On 09/20/2013 07:35 AM, Brent wrote:

>>> wow, you're one delusional idiot!

>> "modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic solidification
>> contraction"
>>
>> Explain how that relates to knit lines in injection molded plastics.
>> Knit lines of course being a result of the flow of material in the mold,
>> not shrink.

> "WHOOOOSH"
>
> "anisotropy" retard. look it up.

You wrote: "modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic
solidification contraction"

That's a fancy sounding nonsense way to describe what happens as metal
castings cool. So explain how that relates to knit lines in injection
molding.

Old September 20th 13, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 09/20/2013 08:39 AM, Brent wrote:
> On 2013-09-20, jim beam > wrote:

>>> "modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic solidification
>>> contraction"
>>>
>>> Explain how that relates to knit lines in injection molded plastics.
>>> Knit lines of course being a result of the flow of material in the mold,
>>> not shrink.

>> "WHOOOOSH"
>>
>> "anisotropy" retard. look it up.

> You wrote: "modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic
> solidification contraction"
>
> That's a fancy sounding nonsense way to describe what happens as metal
> castings cool. So explain how that relates to knit lines in injection
> molding.

you're blustering brent. and unlike you, i can read. so when i "read"
that you were talking about "injection molded plastic" [apart from the
fact that you don't even know what "plastic" means in a technical
context], i answered appropriately. you just won't and can't admit it.
especially not since your "question" was so ignorantly phrased for a
"degreed engineer", it just makes my balls ache.

[you like it when i talk about "balls" don't you brent. i'm your
homoerotic fantasy aren't i brent. that's why you hump my leg all the
time isn't it brent.]

--
fact check required
Old September 20th 13, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2013-09-20, jim beam > wrote:
> On 09/20/2013 07:31 AM, Brent wrote:

>>> you simply don't understand because you're WAY out of your depth. but
>>> you don't understand even that so you'll just keep on blustering and leg
>>> humping. and because you're a retard.

>> *yawn*
>>
>> Nobody in the real world calls resin casting die casting. Nobody.

> you mean, retards that don't know what a "die" is get confused. like
> you. either that or you're being deliberately dishonest.

*Yawn* your face saving is getting tiresome. Go start calling die cast
houses asking for resin casting. See what happens.

>>> you're delusional and dishonest.
>>>

>>> * or is it "for"?

>> "modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic solidification
>> contraction "
>>
>> LOL!

> bluster won't save you brent. fact is, you're a retard that doesn't
> know what they hell they're talking about. you show up on this thread
> blathering about a book you've clearly never read [and can't figure out
> how to authenticate], all while contributing absolutely nothing to the
> topic at hand. as usual. and from there, you go down hill.

blah blah blah blah still no explaination. You failed.

> as for asking retarded questions about injection molding, apart from the
> fact that you clearly don't know what "anisotropy" means and are too
> retarded to have looked it up at any point in either this or previous
> threads, who gives a ****? i don't. if i asked you specific questions
> about waveform, frequency and current density for a specific type of
> chrome plating operation [for example], it would be ridiculous because
> it's industry-specific, known to only a few, and isn't typically
> something that you can easily look up. but you're not smart enough to
> figure out that i haven't done that. instead, you keep trying to bleat
> about your "engineering credentials", yet are seemingly unable to cope
> with basic [fundamental] engineering concepts like hydrostatic stress.
> and more importantly, bother to look them up.

Blah blah blah blah blah..... No explaination. Just excuses of why you
don't know a simple real world manufacturing/design fact. Keep trying to
divert the issue.

Oh and I'd like you to prove I "bleat" anything about "engineering
credentials". I haven't told you a damn thing about my "credentials"

> as for your supposed engineering credentials, you're simply not
> evidencing any. if you didn't claim to have them, it wouldn't matter.
> but if you do claim to have them, then fail to produce any evidence,
> it's a big deal. particularly when you can't even attend to simple
> technical language like "crystallization" and bull**** about common
> molding polymers [in your supposed field of expertise] not being
> semi-crystalline.

Blah blah blah.... who said it was my area of expertise? Not me. I said
it was a simple question that someone with real
engineering/manufacturing experience could answer. even if they never
finished HS. The fact of the matter is you failed to answer a simple
real world engineering question correctly. It's not particularly
specialized, much less specialized than doing mohr's circles after
graduation. Of course specialized never stopped you when you
considered a backyard Honda engine modification question general
engineering.

Your words, reek of someone who couldn't make it. You have to show those
who did how much better you are because you think you've mastered stuff
engineers working in the real world haven't had to touch for 20 years.
Then you distort and mix up the terms such that nobody else will
understand you and play gotchas. You're a poster child of the person who
for whatever reason just didn't make it and is angry about it and acting
out.

I chose that particular question because it was exceedingly simple and
easy to answer by anyone who has worked in real world engineering
where parts are manufactured but does not typically appear in first or
second year math based coursework. It doesn't require any education to
understand, just real world experience. It's not in your first year
material science book from which you cobbled together:
"modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic solidification
contraction"

You are such an easy mark in that regard.

Oh by the way, it could appear in third or fourth year general
manufacturing texts...

> bottom line, you /never/ contribute anything of relevance or value - all
> you do is **** and moan. and **** up. but that's because you're a
> retard and are too anosognosic to even know it.

You're projecting again Beam.

Old September 20th 13, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2013-09-20, jim beam > wrote:
> On 09/20/2013 08:39 AM, Brent wrote:

>>> "WHOOOOSH"
>>>
>>> "anisotropy" retard. look it up.

>> You wrote: "modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic
>> solidification contraction"
>>
>> That's a fancy sounding nonsense way to describe what happens as metal
>> castings cool. So explain how that relates to knit lines in injection
>> molding.

> you're blustering brent. and unlike you, i can read. so when i "read"
> that you were talking about "injection molded plastic" [apart from the
> fact that you don't even know what "plastic" means in a technical
> context], i answered appropriately. you just won't and can't admit it.
> especially not since your "question" was so ignorantly phrased for a
> "degreed engineer", it just makes my balls ache.

It was phrased so a person with an 8th grade education and practical
experience could answer it and you could not. Nor was your answer about
crystal formation in cooling metals in any remote way relevant. You
can't even come up with a bull**** way to make it relevant. All you do
is bluster and insult. YOU FAILED.

"modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic solidification
contraction"

LOL!

Oh and it was "injection molded plastic part", much like "die casting"
you can't understand terms as they are used in the real world. That's
why you can't answer real world questions.

> [you like it when i talk about "balls" don't you brent. i'm your
> homoerotic fantasy aren't i brent. that's why you hump my leg all the
> time isn't it brent.]

You're the one with hard on for anyone who actually does what you only
dreamed of doing.

Old September 20th 13, 05:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 09/20/2013 09:15 AM, Brent wrote:
> On 2013-09-20, jim beam > wrote:

>>> *yawn*
>>>
>>> Nobody in the real world calls resin casting die casting. Nobody.

>> you mean, retards that don't know what a "die" is get confused. like
>> you. either that or you're being deliberately dishonest.

> *Yawn* your face saving is getting tiresome. Go start calling die cast
> houses asking for resin casting. See what happens.

no, retard, /you/ go to a few resin casting houses and find out what
they call their "forms". clue: it begins with "d".

>>> "modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic solidification
>>> contraction "
>>>
>>> LOL!

>> bluster won't save you brent. fact is, you're a retard that doesn't
>> know what they hell they're talking about. you show up on this thread
>> blathering about a book you've clearly never read [and can't figure out
>> how to authenticate], all while contributing absolutely nothing to the
>> topic at hand. as usual. and from there, you go down hill.

> blah blah blah blah still no explaination.

????????? explain what???? i'm simply stating the facts as you insist
on presenting them!

> You failed.

delusional retard.

>> as for asking retarded questions about injection molding, apart from the
>> fact that you clearly don't know what "anisotropy" means and are too
>> retarded to have looked it up at any point in either this or previous
>> threads, who gives a ****? i don't. if i asked you specific questions
>> about waveform, frequency and current density for a specific type of
>> chrome plating operation [for example], it would be ridiculous because
>> it's industry-specific, known to only a few, and isn't typically
>> something that you can easily look up. but you're not smart enough to
>> figure out that i haven't done that. instead, you keep trying to bleat
>> about your "engineering credentials", yet are seemingly unable to cope
>> with basic [fundamental] engineering concepts like hydrostatic stress.
>> and more importantly, bother to look them up.

> Blah blah blah blah blah..... No explaination.

????????? you're just too brain-damaged for words.

> Just excuses of why you
> don't know a simple real world manufacturing/design fact. Keep trying to
> divert the issue.

delusional retard.

> Oh and I'd like you to prove I "bleat" anything about "engineering
> credentials". I haven't told you a damn thing about my "credentials"

you've called yourself, and i quote, a "degreed engineer". on multiple
occasions. if that's not trying to assert credentials, then either you
don't understand english, or you're now a coward backing away from their
unsupportable bull****.

>> as for your supposed engineering credentials, you're simply not
>> evidencing any. if you didn't claim to have them, it wouldn't matter.
>> but if you do claim to have them, then fail to produce any evidence,
>> it's a big deal. particularly when you can't even attend to simple
>> technical language like "crystallization" and bull**** about common
>> molding polymers [in your supposed field of expertise] not being
>> semi-crystalline.

> Blah blah blah.... who said it was my area of expertise? Not me. I said
> it was a simple question that someone with real
> engineering/manufacturing experience could answer.

nobody who isn't in the field would bother to know it - so either you're
lying about this or you're just a sad sack who doesn't know anything
about what they do. [which we already know by your own admission btw]

> even if they never
> finished HS. The fact of the matter is you failed to answer a simple
> real world engineering question correctly.

no, i answered it in more detail than you deserved. but you don't
understand because you didn't know what you were asking.

> It's not particularly
> specialized, much less specialized than doing mohr's circles after
> graduation.

AS AN ENGINEER. engineer's know about mohr's circle. or they should if
they graduated from anything better than r.m.u.

> Of course specialized never stopped you when you
> considered a backyard Honda engine modification question general
> engineering.
>
> Your words, reek of someone who couldn't make it. You have to show those
> who did how much better you are because you think you've mastered stuff
> engineers working in the real world haven't had to touch for 20 years.
> Then you distort and mix up the terms such that nobody else will
> understand you and play gotchas. You're a poster child of the person who
> for whatever reason just didn't make it and is angry about it and acting
> out.
>
> I chose that particular question because it was exceedingly simple and
> easy to answer by anyone who has worked in real world engineering

no, retard, it's factory floor technician level. [not that there's
anything wrong with technicians, but they shouldn't claim to be "degreed
engineers" when they're clearly not.]

> where parts are manufactured but does not typically appear in first or
> second year math based coursework. It doesn't require any education to
> understand, just real world experience. It's not in your first year
> material science book from which you cobbled together:
> "modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic solidification
> contraction"

hey, i'm sorry you're having such a hard time with technical language
brent. perhaps you should learn english? then you can learn technical
english.

> You are such an easy mark in that regard.
>
> Oh by the way, it could appear in third or fourth year general
> manufacturing texts...

"fourth year manufacturing texts"??? would these be the ones that
somehow fail to convey the difference between amorphous and
semi-crystalline? or is it semi-chrystalline - you've got me confused.

>> bottom line, you /never/ contribute anything of relevance or value - all
>> you do is **** and moan. and **** up. but that's because you're a
>> retard and are too anosognosic to even know it.

> You're projecting again Beam.

sorry my homo-antagonistic wannabe - i'm merely telling the truth.

--
fact check required
Old September 20th 13, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 09/20/2013 09:35 AM, Brent wrote:
> On 2013-09-20, jim beam > wrote:

>>> You wrote: "modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic
>>> solidification contraction"
>>>
>>> That's a fancy sounding nonsense way to describe what happens as metal
>>> castings cool. So explain how that relates to knit lines in injection
>>> molding.

>> you're blustering brent. and unlike you, i can read. so when i "read"
>> that you were talking about "injection molded plastic" [apart from the
>> fact that you don't even know what "plastic" means in a technical
>> context], i answered appropriately. you just won't and can't admit it.
>> especially not since your "question" was so ignorantly phrased for a
>> "degreed engineer", it just makes my balls ache.

> It was phrased so a person with an 8th grade education and practical
> experience could answer it and you could not.

i don't speak 8th grade. not even for you.

> Nor was your answer about
> crystal formation in cooling metals in any remote way relevant. You
> can't even come up with a bull**** way to make it relevant. All you do
> is bluster and insult. YOU FAILED.

um, crystallization or solidification are not unique to metals retard.
either you're just unspeakably stoooopid or you're bull****ting.

> "modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic solidification
> contraction"
>
> LOL!
>
> Oh and it was "injection molded plastic part", much like "die casting"
> you can't understand terms as they are used in the real world. That's
> why you can't answer real world questions.

you /still/ don't know what "plastic" means??? look it up!!!

>> [you like it when i talk about "balls" don't you brent. i'm your
>> homoerotic fantasy aren't i brent. that's why you hump my leg all the
>> time isn't it brent.]

> You're the one with hard on for anyone who actually does what you only
> dreamed of doing.

how hard it it typing with just one hand like that brent?

--
fact check required
Old September 20th 13, 06:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2013-09-20, jim beam > wrote:
> On 09/20/2013 09:15 AM, Brent wrote:

>>> you mean, retards that don't know what a "die" is get confused. like
>>> you. either that or you're being deliberately dishonest.

>> *Yawn* your face saving is getting tiresome. Go start calling die cast
>> houses asking for resin casting. See what happens.

> no, retard, /you/ go to a few resin casting houses and find out what
> they call their "forms". clue: it begins with "d".

LOL. You really don't have any real world experience what so ever. Yes,
tools are called dies. They are called dies in a wide variety of
processes. However in real life "die casting" is a process for metal.

Do a google search for "die casting" You won't get resin casting places.

Perhaps you could ask NADCA:
"Die casting is a versatile process for producing engineered metal parts
by forcing molten metal under high pressure into reusable steel molds.
These molds, called dies, can be designed to produce complex shapes with
a high degree of accuracy and repeatability. Parts can be sharply
defined, with smooth or textured surfaces, and are suitable for a wide
variety of attractive and serviceable finishes."

>>> bluster won't save you brent. fact is, you're a retard that doesn't
>>> know what they hell they're talking about. you show up on this thread
>>> blathering about a book you've clearly never read [and can't figure out
>>> how to authenticate], all while contributing absolutely nothing to the
>>> topic at hand. as usual. and from there, you go down hill.

>> blah blah blah blah still no explaination.

> ????????? explain what???? i'm simply stating the facts as you insist
> on presenting them!

"modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic solidification
contraction" as it relates to knit lines in injection molded plastic
parts.

>> Oh and I'd like you to prove I "bleat" anything about "engineering
>> credentials". I haven't told you a damn thing about my "credentials"

> you've called yourself, and i quote, a "degreed engineer". on multiple
> occasions. if that's not trying to assert credentials, then either you
> don't understand english, or you're now a coward backing away from their
> unsupportable bull****.

No I stated you have a problem with anyone who is a "degreed engineer"
or indentifies themselves as such. Which you do. All you have to do is
find something in the google groups archive posted in the last 5
years to support your claim. Now even older than a year doesn't amount
to "bleating", but I'll give you five.

>>> as for your supposed engineering credentials, you're simply not
>>> evidencing any. if you didn't claim to have them, it wouldn't matter.
>>> but if you do claim to have them, then fail to produce any evidence,
>>> it's a big deal. particularly when you can't even attend to simple
>>> technical language like "crystallization" and bull**** about common
>>> molding polymers [in your supposed field of expertise] not being
>>> semi-crystalline.

>> Blah blah blah.... who said it was my area of expertise? Not me. I said
>> it was a simple question that someone with real
>> engineering/manufacturing experience could answer.

> nobody who isn't in the field would bother to know it - so either you're
> lying about this or you're just a sad sack who doesn't know anything
> about what they do. [which we already know by your own admission btw]

It's general manufacturing knowledge. It's real world. Not something out
of text book people who do haven't touched for 20 years. Certainly less
specialized than swapping Honda cams from engine to engine, which you
considered a valid question. It is covered in design and manufacturing
courses taken at roughly the same time as heat and mass transfer in the
same degree programs. Another reason I knew you couldn't answer it.

>> even if they never
>> finished HS. The fact of the matter is you failed to answer a simple
>> real world engineering question correctly.

> no, i answered it in more detail than you deserved. but you don't
> understand because you didn't know what you were asking.

You mentioned something entirely different.
"three-dimensional anisotropic solidification contraction"

>> It's not particularly
>> specialized, much less specialized than doing mohr's circles after
>> graduation.

> AS AN ENGINEER. engineer's know about mohr's circle. or they should if
> they graduated from anything better than r.m.u.

Vague rememberance for most anyone still working. Nobody is going to ask
about Mohr's circle on a job interview to hire an engineer. How to deal
with knit lines is far more probable.

>> Of course specialized never stopped you when you
>> considered a backyard Honda engine modification question general
>> engineering.

>> Your words, reek of someone who couldn't make it. You have to show those
>> who did how much better you are because you think you've mastered stuff
>> engineers working in the real world haven't had to touch for 20 years.
>> Then you distort and mix up the terms such that nobody else will
>> understand you and play gotchas. You're a poster child of the person who
>> for whatever reason just didn't make it and is angry about it and acting
>> out.
>>
>> I chose that particular question because it was exceedingly simple and
>> easy to answer by anyone who has worked in real world engineering

> no, retard, it's factory floor technician level. [not that there's
> anything wrong with technicians, but they shouldn't claim to be "degreed
> engineers" when they're clearly not.]

Factory floor technician level... you're showing your ignorance again.
Knowledge of knit lines indeed does go down to the factory floor but it
goes all the way up to university research. This is what makes it a good
question.

There's far more behind knit lines, and it's not "complex
three-dimensional anisotropic solidification contraction"

Call up some papers on weld lines. Here's one for you:
http://kazmer.uml.edu/Staff/Archive/...d_Strength.pdf

>> where parts are manufactured but does not typically appear in first or
>> second year math based coursework. It doesn't require any education to
>> understand, just real world experience. It's not in your first year
>> material science book from which you cobbled together:
>> "modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic solidification
>> contraction"

> hey, i'm sorry you're having such a hard time with technical language
> brent. perhaps you should learn english? then you can learn technical
> english.

Let me know when you start writing it. At least the kind people in the
real world use.

>> You are such an easy mark in that regard.
>>
>> Oh by the way, it could appear in third or fourth year general
>> manufacturing texts...

> "fourth year manufacturing texts"??? would these be the ones that
> somehow fail to convey the difference between amorphous and
> semi-crystalline? or is it semi-chrystalline - you've got me confused.

Usual diversion....

>>> bottom line, you /never/ contribute anything of relevance or value - all
>>> you do is **** and moan. and **** up. but that's because you're a
>>> retard and are too anosognosic to even know it.

>> You're projecting again Beam.

> sorry my homo-antagonistic wannabe - i'm merely telling the truth.

Keep on projecting.

Old September 20th 13, 07:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2013-09-20, jim beam > wrote:

>> Nor was your answer about
>> crystal formation in cooling metals in any remote way relevant. You
>> can't even come up with a bull**** way to make it relevant. All you do
>> is bluster and insult. YOU FAILED.

> um, crystallization or solidification are not unique to metals retard.
> either you're just unspeakably stoooopid or you're bull****ting.

Perhaps you noticed I never stated that either was unique to metals.
However, "complex three-dimensional anisotropic solidification
contraction" Is a hamfisted showy way of expressing the different
crystal structures that occur on the outside of metal part compared to
the interior as the material cools and contracts. It's what I would
expect of someone who wants to show off what they learned from a second
semester material science text.

>> "modeling complex three-dimensional anisotropic solidification
>> contraction"
>>
>> LOL!
>>
>> Oh and it was "injection molded plastic part", much like "die casting"
>> you can't understand terms as they are used in the real world. That's
>> why you can't answer real world questions.

> you /still/ don't know what "plastic" means??? look it up!!!

Word isolation is a big thing with you. Perhaps that's why you get
things so wrong.

Old September 20th 13, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
T0m $herman

On 9/20/2013 12:52 PM, Brent wrote:
> On 2013-09-20, jim beam > wrote:
>> On 09/20/2013 09:15 AM, Brent wrote:
>>> [...] However in real life "die casting" is a process for metal.

Or playing craps at the casino.

>>> It's not particularly
>>> specialized, much less specialized than doing mohr's circles after
>>> graduation.

>> AS AN ENGINEER. engineer's know about mohr's circle. or they should if
>> they graduated from anything better than r.m.u.

> Vague rememberance for most anyone still working. Nobody is going to ask
> about Mohr's circle on a job interview to hire an engineer. How to deal
> with knit lines is far more probable.

You have obviously never looked at the results of an triaxial shear test
then. I have not done so at work for over 2 hours.

--
T0m $herm@n
Old September 21st 13, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2013-09-20, T0m $herman > wrote:
> On 9/20/2013 12:52 PM, Brent wrote:

> Or playing craps at the casino.

>>> AS AN ENGINEER. engineer's know about mohr's circle. or they should if
>>> they graduated from anything better than r.m.u.

>> Vague rememberance for most anyone still working. Nobody is going to ask
>> about Mohr's circle on a job interview to hire an engineer. How to deal
>> with knit lines is far more probable.
>>

> You have obviously never looked at the results of an triaxial shear test
> then. I have not done so at work for over 2 hours.

In the context of mechanical engineering, a vague rememberence for most
anyone still working. Better?