GM blasts proposed change in U.S. fuel economy rules

Old January 8th 07, 04:46 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Default GM blasts proposed change in U.S. fuel economy rules

"Fred G. Mackey" wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> > David Hartung wrote:
> >
> >>Correct me if I am wrong, but until the US entry in to the European war, you
> >>were primarily fighting a defensive war.

> > Up to a point.
> >
> > Then we went on the offensive in N. Africa. And *won* !

> But "you" didn't win in Africa until 1943 and of course that was with
> assistance from the US.

We successfully defeated Rommel's forces unaided.

Graham

Old January 8th 07, 04:50 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,rec.autos.driving
Kope

i am a radical muslim please read my blog, read how islam will win the
clash of civilization.

http://www.xanga.com/hfghj23458654fgha

Old January 8th 07, 04:56 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,rec.autos.driving
Ed Pirrero

Eeyore wrote:
> "Fred G. Mackey" wrote:
>
> > Eeyore wrote:

> > > Up to a point.
> > >
> > > Then we went on the offensive in N. Africa. And *won* !

> > But "you" didn't win in Africa until 1943 and of course that was with
> > assistance from the US.

> We successfully defeated Rommel's forces unaided.

LOL. Those tanks you used weren't made in GB. Not all of them, at
least.

And the aid from U.S. air power was not insignificant.

E.P.

Old January 8th 07, 05:02 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

"Matthew T. Russotto" wrote:

> Eeyore > wrote:
> >
> >England - actually Britain and its Empire *resisted* Hitler but Russia delivered
> >the knockout blow.

> Wrong, as usual.

The war ended after Russian troops captured Berlin.

Graham

Old January 8th 07, 06:36 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,rec.autos.driving
Bill Bonde

Adam Albright wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 19:53:47 GMT, David Hartung >
> wrote:
>
> >Adam Albright wrote:

> >> Sure... like the "open" elections they had in the old Soviet Union.

> >Do you have anything other than your opinion to show that the Iraqi elections
> >were "fixed"?

> Look at the process of who and how they got on the ballot. Actually
> have somebody explain it to you since you're far too dumb yourself to
> do either the research or understand what you read.

So Iraqis gave their lives to vote in a fake election? Why aren't they
saying that now?

--
"The ultimate test is always your own serenity." Robert M Pirsig, "Zen
and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"