Whos following the Dakar?

Old January 10th 04, 03:03 AM
MG

Default Whos following the Dakar?

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 20:03:52 -0400, Chris Phillipo
> wrote:

>What is the dealw ith those spoilers Nissan is running? They figure
>since they are going to lose anyway they might as well look ridiculous
>doing it? I see that a Toureg(sp?) already had an engine replacement.
>Did KIA even make it to the show this year? I don't see any sign of
>them.

Mitsubishi's rule.

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showfl...t=2#Post425100

Old January 10th 04, 07:44 PM
Frank Morris

Howdy Chris,
Since I have a Mog I look at the big trucks and don't see much. One
thing about the big trucks- You won't see all them spoilers on them <G>

Frank X. Morris
http://community.webtv.net/Sulkhalil/SalukiCornerChime

Old January 11th 04, 12:21 AM
Frank Morris

Howdy Chris,
You're right about the central inflation system. I know of one company
in Europe that makes them as after market items for Mogs. I would bet
you could find a company that could make them for Jeeps.

Old January 12th 04, 04:09 PM
Matt Mead

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 20:03:52 -0400, Chris Phillipo
> wrote:

> I see that a Toureg(sp?) already had an engine replacement.

Wasn't this due to that water crossing out in the middle of the
desert? Sucking large amounts of water will kill any engine.

I'm impressed with the Yami bike with the hydralic assist front end.
I expect we'll see this in a consumer version in the not too distant
future.

Good to see an American team running in the car class again. I do
question using a 2wd Baja truck though instead of a 4x4 version.
Hopefully we'll see more US participation in the future. (And yes, I
did notice an American bike team too.)

I've missed the last few days due to being out of town.

Dakar is cool.

Matt
99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4

Old January 12th 04, 04:09 PM
Matt Mead

Dakar photos maggy p Audi 0 January 8th 05 09:41 PM
Dakar photos maggy p BMW 0 January 8th 05 09:41 PM
Dakar 2004 in Castellon 03/01/2004 Francisco Fresner 4x4 0 January 4th 04 12:33 PM