A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto newsgroups » Simulators
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

FFB (December edition)



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 10th 11, 02:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 253
Default FFB (December edition)

Well, I tested thoroughly Centering Spring at the position of 61%,
and decided that 22% is better.
It looks like Spring and Damper should be the same.
Spring and Damper at 100% is too much, at 61% is too low, so, it'll
be between 100 and 61.

Ads
  #2  
Old December 12th 11, 11:20 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 253
Default FFB (December edition)

Mario Petrinovic:
> Well, I tested thoroughly Centering Spring at the position of 61%,
> and decided that 22% is better.
> It looks like Spring and Damper should be the same.
> Spring and Damper at 100% is too much, at 61% is too low, so, it'll
> be between 100 and 61.


Well, it looks like Spring and Damper doesn't have to be the same.
Damper will be something like 96-97%, while Spring will probably be in the
low 70s.

  #3  
Old December 13th 11, 02:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 253
Default FFB (December edition)

Mario Petrinovic:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Well, I tested thoroughly Centering Spring at the position of 61%,
>> and decided that 22% is better.
>> It looks like Spring and Damper should be the same.
>> Spring and Damper at 100% is too much, at 61% is too low, so,
>> it'll be between 100 and 61.

>
> Well, it looks like Spring and Damper doesn't have to be the same.
> Damper will be something like 96-97%, while Spring will probably be in the
> low 70s.


Ok, it looks like I got it. 118/67/77/22 works well.

  #4  
Old December 14th 11, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 253
Default FFB (December edition)

Mario Petrinovic:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Mario Petrinovic:
>>> Well, I tested thoroughly Centering Spring at the position of
>>> 61%,
>>> and decided that 22% is better.
>>> It looks like Spring and Damper should be the same.
>>> Spring and Damper at 100% is too much, at 61% is too low, so,
>>> it'll be between 100 and 61.

>>
>> Well, it looks like Spring and Damper doesn't have to be the same.
>> Damper will be something like 96-97%, while Spring will probably be in
>> the
>> low 70s.

>
> Ok, it looks like I got it. 118/67/77/22 works well.


Well, I am abandoning the idea of Centering Spring at 22%. Maybe it
will be the same as Damper and Spring, and these could be somewhere 50-66%.

  #5  
Old December 15th 11, 11:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 253
Default FFB (December edition)

Mario Petrinovic:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Mario Petrinovic:
>>> Mario Petrinovic:
>>>> Well, I tested thoroughly Centering Spring at the position of
>>>> 61%, and decided that 22% is better.
>>>> It looks like Spring and Damper should be the same.
>>>> Spring and Damper at 100% is too much, at 61% is too low, so,
>>>> it'll be between 100 and 61.
>>>
>>> Well, it looks like Spring and Damper doesn't have to be the
>>> same.
>>> Damper will be something like 96-97%, while Spring will probably be in
>>> the low 70s.

>>
>> Ok, it looks like I got it. 118/67/77/22 works well.

>
> Well, I am abandoning the idea of Centering Spring at 22%. Maybe it
> will be the same as Damper and Spring, and these could be somewhere
> 50-66%.


Actually, from previous testings (as I remember), it could very well
be that the middle position is 50% for all three. I'll see.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FFB update Mario Petrinovic Simulators 1 October 15th 11 12:43 AM
FFB (so far) Mario Petrinovic Simulators 0 September 25th 11 10:57 AM
FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 26 September 5th 11 08:52 AM
Secrets of FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 2 August 4th 11 06:10 PM
G25 v. ECCI - To FFB or not to FFB [email protected] Simulators 1 August 17th 07 02:35 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AutoBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.