Revitalized Malibu Takes on Accord and Camry

Old April 23rd 09, 03:24 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding[_3_]

Default Revitalized Malibu Takes on Accord and Camry

Sharx35 wrote:

> "Tony Harding" > wrote in message
>> Sharx35 wrote:

>>> Mike seems to wear it as a badge of honour. Frankly, anyone saddled
>>> with years and years of car payments because they INSIST on always
>>> trading in their vehicles is, IMHO, a loser.

>> Or someone who decides how to spend their own money instead of leaving
>> it up to you?

> ANYone is free to be a complete fool and waste their money--look at all
> the idiots in the U.S. who ****ed themselves financially by not
> practicing sane financial practices. Betcha you were one of them.

Aren't you the clever one!
Old April 23rd 09, 07:23 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
sharx35

"Tony Harding" > wrote in message
> Sharx35 wrote:
>>
>> "Tony Harding" > wrote in message
>>> Canuck57 wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Now you're talking!

>> People constantly trading in their vehicle will end up never been able to
>> retire.

> Agreed!
>
> I've been retired 7 years now (lived in NYC 12 years while I was working
> and didn't even own a car then - it was the first time I ever felt as
> though I was making a lot of money) and highly recommend it. I was
> cheering the Costa Rica part of your post - definitely on my short list of
> places to visit before I join the choir invisible.

Who says you have to be invisible after you retire? My letters regularly
appear or are quoted in the media.
Go figure! Your community and/or church and/or whatever could probably use
your skills.

Old April 23rd 09, 07:25 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
sharx35

"Tony Harding" > wrote in message
> Sharx35 wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> GM should have been fed to the sharks.

> It's not too late, or maybe the sharks don't want it?

What? They might choke on it. Maybe I'm just cynical--no industry that I was
in that flopped every got any government funding. We had to suck it up and
move on to something that paid. Paying $36 USD to someone to bolt on a wheel
is OBSCENE and that's not including benefits..just BASE salary.

Old April 23rd 09, 07:25 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
sharx35

"Tony Harding" > wrote in message
> Sharx35 wrote:

>>> Or someone who decides how to spend their own money instead of leaving
>>> it up to you?

>> ANYone is free to be a complete fool and waste their money--look at all
>> the idiots in the U.S. who ****ed themselves financially by not
>> practicing sane financial practices. Betcha you were one of them.

> Aren't you the clever one!

Ah, Tony, your recent remark about being retired for 7 years indicates that
you do probably have a frugal bone or two in your body.

Old April 24th 09, 12:50 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

"GasSaver" > wrote in
:

> Our improved Mercedes-Benz C280 or E320 can beat yours. I would love
> to prove this again in front of a news editor or a media person.

Then why don't you?

All newspapers, magazines, and radio and television stations have telephone
numbers listed in the phone book. They usually even have a bricks-and-
mortar building whose physical address is also listed in the phone book. It
should be fairly easy to locate some media outlet relatively local to you
and talk to somebody there.

I look forward to reading about you in my local paper after the syndicates
pick up the story of what is surely a new and exciting paradigm.

--
Tegger