A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto newsgroups » Simulators
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

An example for you all to look up to



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old March 16th 05, 11:07 PM
Tim O
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:36:37 -0800, Connected
> wrote:

>I posted this story because it was about a woman race driver and you
>dorks have to turn it into a political argument. Dickheads.


If you even own a car in Iran, you're probably in the top 5 race
drivers in the country.


Ads
  #22  
Old March 17th 05, 12:19 AM
artie beamer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Tim O wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:36:37 -0800, Connected
> > wrote:
>
>
>>I posted this story because it was about a woman race driver and you
>>dorks have to turn it into a political argument. Dickheads.

>
>
> If you even own a car in Iran, you're probably in the top 5 race
> drivers in the country.
>
>

http://www.iranlink.addr.com/tehran.jpg
  #23  
Old March 17th 05, 02:16 PM
Steve Smith
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

They *are* ants - we haven't taken off yet.

"artie beamer" > wrote in message
. ..
> Tim O wrote:
> > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:36:37 -0800, Connected
> > > wrote:
> >
> >
> >>I posted this story because it was about a woman race driver and you
> >>dorks have to turn it into a political argument. Dickheads.

> >
> >
> > If you even own a car in Iran, you're probably in the top 5 race
> > drivers in the country.
> >
> >

> http://www.iranlink.addr.com/tehran.jpg



  #24  
Old March 17th 05, 06:10 PM
Byron Forbes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Whoo" > wrote in message
...
> Byron Forbes wrote:
>
>> "Ian Thorpe" > wrote in message
>> .. .
>>
>>>"Connected" > wrote in message
...
>>>
>>>>It's about a woman race driver in Iran.
>>>>
>>>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4349341.stm
>>>
>>>Congrats to Laleh. Smart, fast and hot - what more can
>>>you ask for?
>>>

>>
>>
>> Someone who can cook and serve her master.

> serve him to who?


LOL. Very good!


  #25  
Old March 18th 05, 08:37 AM
Asgeir Nesoen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You americans have not the slightest clue about what is left and right.
Politically, that is. The only people claiming otherwise are americans. Period.

---A---

Steve Smith wrote:
> Okay, then; "a-little-to-the-right-of-Oswald-Mosely BBC"
>
> "Connected" > wrote in message
> ...
>
>>On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:41:51 GMT, "Steve Smith"
> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Sorry, I didn't mean to veer into politics. I just thought it amusing

>
> that
>
>>>an Iranian woman is being presented by the leftist BBC as "the new
>>>Schumacher" sitting in a Lincoln LS, too close to the wheel and without a
>>>helmet. Sorry if I stepped on anybody's religious toes.

>>
>>"Leftist BBC" - **** off!

>
>
>

  #26  
Old March 18th 05, 08:48 AM
Asgeir Nesoen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

But Steve:
Is she really sitting too close to the wheel? I have heard that a racing car
driver need a good elbow angle (90) to get the agility and speed needed for a
racing car...

And, since she is not wearing a helmet, maybe she took it off and put on the
burka prior to the photo session? What do I know. A burka may even be very
comfortable under a helemt... I would *think* that even moslems have the common
sense to protect their head when racing. ;-)

And, finally, what's wrong in racing a Lincoln LS? I am positively *sure* racing
a racing specced Lincoln on the limit is huge fun, and I would do it without
even thinking about the wage. Hehehe

---A---

Steve Smith wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't mean to veer into politics. I just thought it amusing that
> an Iranian woman is being presented by the leftist BBC as "the new
> Schumacher" sitting in a Lincoln LS, too close to the wheel and without a
> helmet. Sorry if I stepped on anybody's religious toes.
>
> "Mitch_A" > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>Whoo wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Steve Smith wrote:> Three Qs:
>>>
>>>>1. If women can't drive on the street in these extremist lands, how

>
> come
>
>>>>it's okay to drive on race tracks?
>>>
>>>Stop right there, pal! Iran is no more extremist than the USA in terms
>>>of religion. I know because I've been to both counties.
>>>
>>>Get your facts right before you start slagging off other cultures.

>>
>>
>>And Ive been to Canada and Mexico. That makes me an expert on religion in
>>both Canada and Mexico? I dont think so...
>>
>>Anyone with a modicum of COMMON SENSE can see you are so far off base that
>>you cant even see the base anymore...
>>
>>Mitch
>>--
>>Remove "nospam." to reply.
>>SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a

>
>
>

  #27  
Old March 18th 05, 08:52 AM
Asgeir Nesoen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You can't decide what should be talked over and what should not, you know.
Freedom of speech, you know. One of the things we praise, if not worship in the
west.

And what happens if everybody says the same thing, because the owners tell them
to? What is the freedom of speech worth then?

---A---

Connected wrote:
> I posted this story because it was about a woman race driver and you
> dorks have to turn it into a political argument. Dickheads.

  #30  
Old March 18th 05, 11:55 AM
Woodie83
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Asgeir Nesoen wrote:

> And what happens if everybody says the same thing, because the owners
> tell them to? What is the freedom of speech worth then?



We're trying that approach here in the US now, I'll get back to you on
how it works out.


Don McCorkle
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AutoBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.