Saw an intelligent bicyclist today

Old February 27th 08, 07:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Saw an intelligent bicyclist today

He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and you couldn't
miss seeing him. Why don't they all do that or at least paint their helmet
hunter orange?
Old February 27th 08, 07:38 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
necromancer[_4_]

SFB spewed:

>He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and you couldn't
>miss seeing him. Why don't they all do that or at least paint their helmet
>hunter orange?

Why don't you paint, "Highway killing machine," on that beater of
yours.

OBTW, I don't wear a helmet when bicycling.

Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS (a.k.a. SFB) admits to being
a deadly speeder, psychopath and criminal coddler:

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America (c.k.a. Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/Speeders And Drunk Drivers
Are Murderers (SADDAM)), 10/3/2002
http://tinyurl.com/5u4wg

Proof that POA is LBMHB/lbVH/SADDAM:
See the following: http://tinyurl.com/ahphj
Old February 27th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Bob Burns

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and you couldn't
> miss seeing him. Why don't they all do that or at least paint their helmet
> hunter orange?

My wife made me a waterproof-breathable blaze orange cover for my
helmet. Not only increases visibility, but also keeps me warm in the
cold and dry in the rain. I ride a rail-trail through hunting areas.

"Every day is Saturday when you're retired."

Bob Burns
Mill Hall PA
(email is a spamtrap)
Old February 27th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
ilaboo

> cold and dry in the rain. I ride a rail-trail through hunting areas.

suicidal--good hunters look for objects that are parallel to the ground such
as a deers back
there are a lot of hunters out there who in actuality want the chance to
kill the ultimate mammal--humans and of course get away with it
nb--i hunted literally every am--worked on resevations with open season all
the time
now i no longer hunt/fish
hth
peter

Old February 27th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc

On Feb 27, 1:26 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and you couldn't
> miss seeing him. Why don't they all do that or at least paint their helmet
> hunter orange?

If you have trouble seeing ordinary (non-orange) cyclists or
pedestrians in plenty of time, you're not driving responsibly. Try
slowing down and paying more attention.

- Frank Krygowski
Old February 27th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
N8N

On Feb 27, 10:58*am, wrote:
> On Feb 27, 1:26 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
>
> > wrote:
> > He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and *you couldn't
> > miss seeing him. Why don't they all do that or at least paint their helmet
> > hunter orange?

> If you have trouble seeing ordinary (non-orange) cyclists or
> pedestrians in plenty of time, you're not driving responsibly. *Try
> slowing down and paying more attention.
>
> - Frank Krygowski

Yes, all of the cyclists in my area are responsible and never, ever do
stuff like riding after dark without lights and wearing dark and/or
non-reflective clothing. (snort)

If it didn't seem like the vast majority of cyclists that I see had
death wishes (in addition to the above, I actually saw a cyclist at
least slow down - not stop, just slow - for a stop sign the other
day. It was noteworthy because that was the first time I'd seen that
happen in months,) you might have a point, but my general impression
of them is that they are serious hazards to themselves and others, and
I wish that police would take more notice of this and start enforcing
the rules of the road. It is only a matter of time before one of
these idiots ends up getting flattened by a car, and I'm sad to say
that my sympathy will be with the driver of the car.

nate
Old February 27th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman

Default !n Saw an intelligent bicyclist today

> wrote: If you have trouble seeing ordinary (non-orange)
cyclists or
> pedestrians in plenty of time, you're not driving responsibly. Try
> slowing down and paying more attention.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Frank, the population of drivers and the population of riders are both
statistical distributions (bell curve). By making yourself more visible, a
you put yourself on a better part of your curve, so it is less likely that
you will have a problem with a drivers on the bad part of their curve.

Old February 27th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc

On Feb 27, 12:44 pm, "Leo Lichtman" >
wrote:
> > wrote: If you have trouble seeing ordinary (non-orange)
>
> cyclists or> pedestrians in plenty of time, you're not driving responsibly. Try
> > slowing down and paying more attention.

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Frank, the population of drivers and the population of riders are both
> statistical distributions (bell curve). By making yourself more visible, a
> you put yourself on a better part of your curve, so it is less likely that
> you will have a problem with a drivers on the bad part of their curve.

I don't disagree with that. And if a cyclist chooses to be extra-
visible, I certainly won't object. However, as long as the cyclist is
legal, he has no obligation to dress funny so motorists can exert less
care.

Lights and reflectors at night? Sure. Day-glo orange when riding to
work? No. It's the driver's responsibility to see where he's going,
see who or what is on the road, and control his vehicle accordingly.

- Frank Krygowski
Old February 27th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
necromancer[_4_]

**** For Brains (SFB) spewed:

wrote in
:

>> On Feb 27, 1:26 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
>> > wrote:
>>> He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and you
>>> couldn't miss seeing him. Why don't they all do that or at least
>>> paint their helmet hunter orange?

>> If you have trouble seeing ordinary (non-orange) cyclists or
>> pedestrians in plenty of time, you're not driving responsibly. Try
>> slowing down and paying more attention.
>>

>It would help if the cyclists would obey the laws and stop running red
>lights and stop driving on the left side of the road.

Cyclists are riding, you idiot, *not* driving.

>Cyclists are always
>showing up where they're not supposed to be and that's why drivers don't
>see them.

I don't have any problems seeing cyclists even at night. ISTM that the
one who needs to get off the road is you and your scud, you blood
thirsty degenerate.