gas over $4 is here! is $5 gas far behind ?

Old May 14th 07, 04:43 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Default gas over $4 is here! is $5 gas far behind ?

grinder wrote:

> "Eeyore"wrote
> > AirRaid wrote:
> >
> >> http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9...dollarstp5.jpg
> >>
> >> High gas prices

> > You people haven't a clue what high gas prices are !
> >
> > You want to pay less ? Drive a car with better mileage.

> Tell it to the truckers who transport goods I purchase.

Their trucks already do 8-9 mpg despite carrying huge loads. Quite a respectable
mileage considering.

Graham

Old May 14th 07, 04:59 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
[email protected][_1_]

Why is gas $4 in San Francisco - and $3 here in North Carolina? Ever
occur to you that it's hardly because the Arabs and Venezuela's Chavez
love us and hate you? Ever occur to you that it's hardly because
Exxon loves us and hates you? It's TAXES - as in the TAXES Kalifornia
needs to keep the insolvent Illegal Alien State going.

Old May 14th 07, 04:59 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
hc23hc

Bill Bonde ( Obtuse Neocon Ass ho' ) wrote:
> hc23hc wrote:
>

> > That money is leaving the economy, as far as civilians are
> > concerned. Never to return. They will happily charge you $10/gallon
> > next week if you go on acquiescing to their bull****.

> How is that money "leaving the economy"?

Rapidly, Ass Ho Bondo, and in large quantity, like the profits from
arms trading.

None of it ever comes back. Which is why ...

Oligopolies are not only morally wrong, they're economically wrong.

..
..
..

Old May 14th 07, 05:19 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rudy Canoza[_1_]

mackerel-crotch lied:
> Bill Bonde wrote:
>> mackerel-crotch lied:
>>

>>> That money is leaving the economy, as far as civilians are
>>> concerned. Never to return. They will happily charge you $10/gallon
>>> next week if you go on acquiescing to their bull****.

>> How is that money "leaving the economy"?

> Rapidly,

It isn't. You don't know what the **** you're talking
about.
Old May 14th 07, 05:26 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
John Mayson

Rudy Canoza wrote:
>> Rapidly,

> It isn't. You don't know what the **** you're talking about.

I don't think money can "leave" an economy. Even if it goes into an oil
company's CEO's Swiss bank account, it's still in the economy.

--
John Mayson >
Austin, Texas, USA
Old May 14th 07, 06:50 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Michael Ejercito

On May 13, 1:22 pm, hc23hc > wrote:
> AirRaid wrote:
>
> > High gas prices are posted at a Shell gas station in San Francisco,
> > Thursday, May 10, 2007. With gasoline prices poised to break records
> > at the pump, energy futures prices jumped Thursday as traders noticed
> > a gas supply imbalance in the fine print of Wednesday's government
> > inventory report.

> It's got ****-all to do with 'supply imbalance' and everything to with
> Big Oil's bottom line. Billions of Dollars in windfall profits every
> week. That money is leaving the economy, as far as civilians are
> concerned. Never to return. They will happily charge you $10/gallon
> next week if you go on acquiescing to their bull****.

It is their right.

And it is your right to tell them to take a hike.

Michael

Old May 14th 07, 06:52 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Michael Ejercito

On May 13, 11:46 pm, Eeyore >
wrote:
> "Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )" wrote:
>

> > Brent P wrote:

> > > CAFE could only be a failure. CAFE was an attempt to tell US car buyers
> > > what they had to buy. This doesn't work out well, ever.

> > > CAFE is something supported ultimately by people who want government to > make

> > decisions for them. There has always been a choice to buy cars with
> > > better fuel economy.

> > The obvious answer is higher gasoline prices which encourage people to
> > seek out vehicles that get better mileage.

> It certainly works in Europe.
>
> Graham

That is true.

The problem in America is that too many people want to pretend that
they can have whatever they want, whenever they feel like it.

Michael

Old May 14th 07, 06:58 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
hc23hc

Whaddyaknow, Rube Iaccanoza <forging racist hobgoblin> sharted:
> mackerel-crotch lied:
>
> > Bill Bonde wrote:
> >> mackerel-crotch lied:

> >> How is that money "leaving the economy"?

> > Rapidly,

> It isn't.

Sure it is, Rube-io. Daily. Faster than a speeding Rube on crack.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-e...la-home-center

"The deal would allow the German automaker, parent of Mercedes-Benz,
to shed liability for $19 billion in Chrysler retirement benefits,
which would be shouldered by the new holding company."

"Shed liability for $19 billion..." Which means, in plain English,
$19,000,000,000 of the employee retirement funds has already been
spent on perks and bonuses for unaccountable bosses. It's gone
overseas, right under your nose. Not unlike the Big Oil and
Halliburton model of 'disappearing' money. You'll never see it
again.

Corporate Elvis has left the building.

..
..
..

Old May 14th 07, 08:09 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rudy Canoza

mackerel-crotch lied:
> Rudy Canoza wrote:
>
> > mackerel-crotch lied:

> > > Rapidly,

> > It isn't.

> Sure it is,

It isn't.

> http://www.latimes.com/business/la-e...,6217905.story...
>
> "The deal would allow the German automaker, parent of Mercedes-Benz,
> to shed liability for $19 billion in Chrysler retirement benefits,
> which would be shouldered by the new holding company."

Nothing to do with oil or gasoline, lying ignorant mackerel-crotch.

> "Shed liability for $19 billion..." Which means, in plain English,
> $19,000,000,000 of the employee retirement funds has already been
> spent on perks and bonuses for unaccountable bosses. It's gone

No. It hasn't "gone" anywhere. Daimler-Benz no longer has the
liability; Cerberus has it. It hasn't "gone" away, you ignorant ****.

Old May 14th 07, 09:35 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
jcr