latest SATURN HORROR STORY !!!

Old May 9th 04, 08:08 PM
misterfact

Default latest SATURN HORROR STORY !!!

sent to misterfact. reprinted here.

I have a 1996 Saturn with a cracked cylinder. After the repair shop
replaced it the crack occurred again within 1 month. When my dealer
asked the suppliers to examine any cylinder before shipping they found
all in stock had cracks. It took almost a week to find a supplier
with good cylinder head. I believe that everyone with this problem
(there are many) need to file a complaint with the Federal Trade
Commission in order to get reimbursed for the poor product Saturn
produces.

Gary
Yeah sure! Good luck. The government is worthless in these matters
unleass its a safety defect and 5000 people have died. At that point,
they'll look at it and when the number reaches 10,000- they MAY take
action.

Best thing to do is post your horror stories all over the internet.
If you're a gluten for punishment and buy another Saturn- might as
well buy that expensive entended warranty. You can be sure you'll need
it! Saturn needs all that money so they can recover all their losses
under those warranties. If Saturn was such a great car, their extended
warrant7y would be reasonably priced.
Mike
Old May 10th 04, 03:30 AM
marx404

well? just curious who are you and why are you spending so much of your
personal time flaming saturn? are you a disgruntled ex-saturn employee? how
do you know so many negative "facts" about saturn?

marx404

Old May 10th 04, 05:46 AM
Seamus's Stuff

"marx404" > wrote in message
> well? just curious who are you and why are you spending so much of your
> personal time flaming saturn? are you a disgruntled ex-saturn employee?

how
> do you know so many negative "facts" about saturn?
>

> marx404

Good question.....From what I have found through Google...He says he is a
professional symphony violinist who lives in Michigan (auction selling a
violin). He also seems to think of himself as the next Ralph Nader or any
other flavor of consumer activist. In fact from a message he posted in
alt.home.repair on 3-2-04, the tag line was the following...

Misterfact is available to talk to high school students or any informal
group about general and specific consumer rip-offs.

His Yahoo profile says in the Hobbies area: I collect evidence of radio and
television broadcast law violations- and send them to the FCC.

In November of 2003 he put a message up that read Send me your defective
product info for massive internet posting.

Even the Saturn Newsgroup old friend Steve Scharf thinks this guy is a nut.

It seems that he has the biggest rant against RCA Video cameras, Saturn, and
Georgia Pacific (well that and Princess Cruise Lines).

Just do a Google search on misterfact AT yahoo.com and read for yourself.
Though you will need a bit of time to blow. I went through 23 pages at 30
references per page.

Jim

Old May 10th 04, 03:59 PM
BANDIT2941

>Misterfact is available to talk to high school students or any informal
>group about general and specific consumer rip-offs.
>
>His Yahoo profile says in the Hobbies area: I collect evidence of radio and
>television broadcast law violations- and send them to the FCC.

Sounds like this joker has WAY too much time on his hands! He must be one of
those types that doesn't want people to do anything for enjoyment.......closing
racetracks, mtn bike trails, etc......all they ever do is bitch about
something....
Old May 10th 04, 05:15 PM
Oppie

We had a similar type on an electronics group I also participate in.
When anybody asked how to steal cable, he started to rant about ethics. The
Frank Burns character in the MASH series came to mind...
Oppie

Old May 11th 04, 02:58 AM
Blind Saturn Driver

Whoa guys,

I think you may be rushing to judgement on misterfact. I think it's great
that we have such dedicated people like misterfact watching out for our best
intrest. Why not help him out some? ...like maybe sign him up for free
email from some of the many spam sites? (Ya know what I mean?) Maybe, just
maybe, his talents are really needed at some other sites? (Just a
thought.)

s.com...

Old May 11th 04, 09:57 PM
misterfact

"Seamus's Stuff" > wrote in message >...
> "marx404" > wrote in message
> > well? just curious who are you and why are you spending so much of your
> > personal time flaming saturn? are you a disgruntled ex-saturn employee?

> how
> > do you know so many negative "facts" about saturn?
> >

> > marx404
> >

> Good question.....From what I have found through Google...He says he is a
> professional symphony violinist who lives in Michigan (auction selling a
> violin). He also seems to think of himself as the next Ralph Nader or any
> other flavor of consumer activist. In fact from a message he posted in
> alt.home.repair on 3-2-04, the tag line was the following...
>
> Misterfact is available to talk to high school students or any informal
> group about general and specific consumer rip-offs.
>
> His Yahoo profile says in the Hobbies area: I collect evidence of radio and
> television broadcast law violations- and send them to the FCC.
>
> In November of 2003 he put a message up that read Send me your defective
> product info for massive internet posting.
>
> Even the Saturn Newsgroup old friend Steve Scharf thinks this guy is a nut.
>
> It seems that he has the biggest rant against RCA Video cameras, Saturn, and
> Georgia Pacific (well that and Princess Cruise Lines).
>
> Just do a Google search on misterfact AT yahoo.com and read for yourself.
> Though you will need a bit of time to blow. I went through 23 pages at 30
> references per page.
>

> Jim

If Jim spent half as much time examining the messages on this board
as he does digging up alledged trash about the messenger- we'd all be
better off.
Old May 12th 04, 01:14 AM
marx404

nice, blame it on poor ol jim....and the reason that YOU avoided answering a
direct question, mr "fact"? nevermind, your last reponse speaks volumes, all
that we here need and more. now go away and leave us alone, your "help" is
not wanted here by anyone. thanks and goodbye.

we would all do well to ignore this one from now on.