electrical fault on C5

Old August 22nd 04, 07:51 PM
chris-c

Default electrical fault on C5

Today in my 1997 C5 I noticed a strange intermittent fault -- the
traction control and abs light comes on, no control over traction
control switch, revs play up cluster panel lights dimmen. My front
lights dont flip up either. Does anyone have any ideas/suggesstions of
what may be wrong here? Thanks -- Chris
Old August 22nd 04, 11:02 PM
C5_Alan

Although different than yours, when I had intermittent electrical problems
it was a bad battery. You might want to have yours load tested (some
car-parts stores do this in your car for free).

Also, try pulling the error codes from the car computer. They may point you
in a specific direction.

in article , Jon at

http://www.corvetteforum.com

--
'99 Magnetic Red coupe, light gray interior
6-speed, performance handling, active handling, HUD, etc.

Old August 22nd 04, 11:22 PM
Jon

chris-c wrote:
> Today in my 1997 C5 I noticed a strange intermittent fault -- the
> traction control and abs light comes on, no control over traction
> control switch, revs play up cluster panel lights dimmen. My front
> lights dont flip up either. Does anyone have any ideas/suggesstions of
> what may be wrong here? Thanks -- Chris

Strange alarm fault Virgin.net News Audi 1 October 5th 05 05:08 PM
1993 BMW325 IS - Brake Light Electrical System FSCHW BMW 12 November 18th 04 02:53 AM
Another Electrical Puzzle Wayne Crannell Audi 7 October 12th 04 06:15 PM
on board computer fault fiorello Audi 4 October 8th 04 06:09 PM
Electrical advice needed? Paul Woodsford Alfa Romeo 12 July 28th 04 10:19 PM