2001 prelude cruise control kaput/ squeky steering column

Old February 6th 05, 06:28 PM
zZero

Default 2001 prelude cruise control kaput/ squeky steering column

After a couple of years of a squeking steering column (related?)usually
only in Winter, the cruise control wouldn't come on yesterday. What to
check?

Old February 9th 05, 08:35 PM
J.

My 99 lude manual has 11 pages on the CC and a full page of diagnostic
probing tests at the Control Unit's 14 pin harness connector (mounted
somewhere between the driver's right foot and the radio-have to remove the
dashboard lower cover) to rule out the following components:

-main switch on dash (it and the LED are "on", right?)
-clutch (M/T) and brake switches / adjustment
-gear position switch (A/T)
-set/resume steering wheel switches
-acutator assy & solenoid (under hood)
-fuse #41 (15A) under hood (same as horn fuse)
-fuse #31 (15A) under dash
-vehicle speed sensor (VSS)
-misc. open wires/poor grounds

I suspect the '01 lude's CC will be very similar or identical.

J.

oups.com...

Old February 14th 05, 05:40 PM

I have a 98 and the CC stoped working for a week then started working
again. Havn't experienced the problem again.

Old February 17th 05, 04:32 AM
zZero

my baaad. Musta hit the cruise button on dash when it warmed up
recently (opened the roof). Forgot it was there. All is well but the
squeak.

Noisey VUE Scout Saturn 5 January 16th 05 12:59 AM
Steering column grinding / squeaking noise when turning right Ed Jones VW air cooled 2 January 2nd 05 10:45 AM
'66 Steering Upgrade .boB Ford Mustang 1 December 21st 04 06:25 PM
93 Accord Cruise Control... Pulling my hair out Alex1979 Honda 1 October 31st 04 03:40 AM
78 Audi 5000 Cruise Control Warning Light Problem TurboBanana Audi 2 May 25th 04 03:40 PM