SL2 Steering problem

Old May 7th 04, 11:05 PM
Matthew Fusfield

Default SL2 Steering problem

My wife has a 2001 SL2 with about 45000 miles on it. We've been having
a number of problems lately and so far all the dealer has really been
able to say is "we can't find anything" - but a few Google searches
have turned up some answers that have then solved the problem, so I'm
hoping someone can help here.

Today, about 50 miles from home, she pulled off the road because every
time she steered to the right, she would hear a grinding noise and the
steering wheel would shake a bit. After a few minutes she noticed a
burning smell and decided it was time to call for help.

It was towed back to the dealer; they called to say they could find
nothing wrong. She is going in for a test drive with the mechanic
tomorrow.

Any ideas? We are getting really frustrated with the dealer but just
want the thing fixed.

Thanks,

Matt
Old May 8th 04, 12:36 AM
Elector

"Matthew Fusfield" > wrote in message
m...
> My wife has a 2001 SL2 with about 45000 miles on it. We've been

having
> a number of problems lately and so far all the dealer has really

been
> able to say is "we can't find anything" - but a few Google searches
> have turned up some answers that have then solved the problem, so

I'm
> hoping someone can help here.
>
> Today, about 50 miles from home, she pulled off the road because

every
> time she steered to the right, she would hear a grinding noise and

the
> steering wheel would shake a bit. After a few minutes she noticed a
> burning smell and decided it was time to call for help.
>
> It was towed back to the dealer; they called to say they could find
> nothing wrong. She is going in for a test drive with the mechanic
> tomorrow.
>
> Any ideas? We are getting really frustrated with the dealer but just
> want the thing fixed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

That grinding could be a bad caliper or warped rotors, if could be a
bad set of brake pads that are grinding on the metal of the rotors it
could be a bad strut housing or strut, it could be any number of front
end suspension parts. Usually the tugging from one side to or the
other could be a hung up brake component.

Elector

Old May 8th 04, 01:14 AM
ben@

Wheel bearing ?????? Left side? Did they check the rear brakes/bearings?

steering problem backwoods Jeep 3 January 9th 05 12:05 AM
LH Steering Problem Zentraleinheit Chrysler 16 January 6th 05 07:30 PM
Cracked Steering Damper Assembly- Be careful Jason 4x4 2 May 19th 04 12:42 PM