95 Tahoe ABS kicks in constantly

Old December 9th 04, 05:52 PM
Jaz

Default 95 Tahoe ABS kicks in constantly

In my 95 Tahoe, w/ 150K miles, my ABS system kicks in almost
constantly when braking at slow speeds and occasionally at higher
speeds with only moderate braking. It seems to be ever-present when
pulling into parking spaces or making other slow/short manuvers.

I've only owned the truck for 1 year, and this problem has appearewd
and slowly gotten worse since then. About six months ago I installed
new rotors and pads up front.

Any idea how to fix, adjust, or disable? (besides paying a shop)

It may be related to vacuum, as my heater stinks -- I've had to clamp
the temp control valve during the summer because any hard accel. or
high speed causes vacuum to drop enough to allow the hot h2o valve to
open. I couldn't find any vacuum leaks, and there's no obstruction
(vacuum level seems fine). I think these two probs are unrelated.

TIA
(please excuse the burp when replying)
Old December 9th 04, 08:35 PM
jdoe

Check all the tone wheels and sensors. I also believe there is a TSB re.
corrosion at the wheel sensors. I"ll bet you'll find a damaged tone wheel
though.
Larry