Laguna Seca...

Old June 27th 12, 09:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Alan Baker

Default Laguna Seca...

....and the Skip Barber school were "more fun than humans are meant to
have"!

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8V0mq8fV4g&feature=g-hist>

:-D

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old June 29th 12, 10:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BK

Does the school do the taping for you? Wish they'd had that when I went.
Good times, eh?

Old June 29th 12, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Alan Baker

In article >,
"BK" > wrote:

> Does the school do the taping for you? Wish they'd had that when I went.

They have an outside contractor who offers it as an extra for like $200.
For that, you get a lot of professional quality photos and a session of
lapping. For another $60, they'll do another lapping session.

Not cheap, but I'm glad I went for it.

> Good times, eh?

"More fun than humans are meant to have!".

;-)

Old July 18th 12, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Alan Baker" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "BK" > wrote:
>
>> Does the school do the taping for you? Wish they'd had that when I went.

> They have an outside contractor who offers it as an extra for like $200.
> For that, you get a lot of professional quality photos and a session of
> lapping. For another $60, they'll do another lapping session.
>
> Not cheap, but I'm glad I went for it.
>
>> Good times, eh?

> "More fun than humans are meant to have!".
>
> ;-)

Alan, Great stuff! Congrats! I got to take my Miata out on Laguna Seca for
the 20th anniversary of the Miata event which was huge fun but, these cars
would be a whole other thing! I'm confused on the pricing. Can you explain a
bit more specifically? $200 extra just for the photography?

Thanks for posting the link!
Chris
99BBB

Old July 18th 12, 05:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Alan Baker

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> "Alan Baker" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "BK" > wrote:
> >
> >> Does the school do the taping for you? Wish they'd had that when I went.

> > They have an outside contractor who offers it as an extra for like $200.
> > For that, you get a lot of professional quality photos and a session of
> > lapping. For another $60, they'll do another lapping session.
> >
> > Not cheap, but I'm glad I went for it.
> >
> >> Good times, eh?

> > "More fun than humans are meant to have!".
> >
> > ;-)
> >

> Alan, Great stuff! Congrats! I got to take my Miata out on Laguna Seca for
> the 20th anniversary of the Miata event which was huge fun but, these cars
> would be a whole other thing! I'm confused on the pricing. Can you explain a
> bit more specifically? $200 extra just for the photography?

For the video and a whole bunch of very professionally taken stills, yes.

Old July 18th 12, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

> For the video and a whole bunch of very professionally taken stills, yes.
> > --

> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Well, it's a great video especially with all of the added info (speed and g
forces and such).
Very cool stuff!
cd

Old July 18th 12, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Alan Baker

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> > For the video and a whole bunch of very professionally taken stills, yes.
> > > --

> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

> Well, it's a great video especially with all of the added info (speed and g
> forces and such).
> Very cool stuff!
> cd

Thanks.

I actually wish I'd gone for one more session as I wasn't particularly
fast in that one.

Oh, well. Next time (and there WILL be a next time!).

;-)

Old July 21st 12, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

">
> I actually wish I'd gone for one more session as I wasn't particularly
> fast in that one.
>
> Oh, well. Next time (and there WILL be a next time!).
>
> ;-)
>
> --
> Alan Baker

If I understand you correctly that, the next session would have been just
$60 then yes, you screwed up! ;-) It was fun to watch your comfort level
rise over the first 5 laps steadily. At that point you were finding the
limits a bit here and there and working on 'the line'. Fun to watch.

Hey, tell me about the transmission. It sounds like a shift-able automatic
or something. Sequential (click forward, click back)?

Thanks,
cd
99BBB

Old July 21st 12, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Alan Baker

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> ">
> > I actually wish I'd gone for one more session as I wasn't particularly
> > fast in that one.
> >
> > Oh, well. Next time (and there WILL be a next time!).
> >
> > ;-)
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> >

> If I understand you correctly that, the next session would have been just
> $60 then yes, you screwed up! ;-) It was fun to watch your comfort level
> rise over the first 5 laps steadily. At that point you were finding the
> limits a bit here and there and working on 'the line'. Fun to watch.

Thanks.

Shortly there will be a second video. I forgot completely to check the
video I took with my GoPro Hero2... ...because I erroneously assumed
that because it was facing the sky when I got out of the car, it must
have been the force of the air blowing over it that caused it. Turns out
that I did myself when I was getting out of the car.

So I've got HD video that I'm prepping for YouTube right now.

> Hey, tell me about the transmission. It sounds like a shift-able automatic
> or something. Sequential (click forward, click back)?

Yup. Sequential. Pull for upshifts, push for down.