Does '03 Shinsen have a "sport suspension"?

Old May 4th 11, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

Default Does '03 Shinsen have a "sport suspension"?

I'm shopping for new shocks for my 2003 Shinsen and need to know
whether I have a "sport suspension" or not so I can pick the right
shocks. Some of the options (like the AGX 4-way adjustables) won't
fit a sport suspension.

2003s didn't have door jamb stickers showing the suspension, so don't
bother telling me to look there to see whether it says "Sport S" or
"Hard S".

According to some info the sport suspension came with yellow Bilstein
shocks. My original shocks aren't yellow, so I presume I don't have a
sport suspension?

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I smell like a wet
at reducing clinic on Columbus
Old May 4th 11, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger[_2_]

Grant Edwards wrote:
> I'm shopping for new shocks for my 2003 Shinsen and need to know
> whether I have a "sport suspension" or not so I can pick the right
> shocks. Some of the options (like the AGX 4-way adjustables) won't
> fit a sport suspension.
>
> 2003s didn't have door jamb stickers showing the suspension, so don't
> bother telling me to look there to see whether it says "Sport S" or
> "Hard S".
>
> According to some info the sport suspension came with yellow Bilstein
> shocks. My original shocks aren't yellow, so I presume I don't have a
> sport suspension?

This discussion seems to indicate the Shinsen did not have sport suspension.
It's not quite definitive, but almost.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=291356

Old May 4th 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2011-05-04, Frank Berger > wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>> I'm shopping for new shocks for my 2003 Shinsen and need to know
>> whether I have a "sport suspension" or not so I can pick the right
>> shocks. Some of the options (like the AGX 4-way adjustables) won't
>> fit a sport suspension.
>>
>> 2003s didn't have door jamb stickers showing the suspension, so don't
>> bother telling me to look there to see whether it says "Sport S" or
>> "Hard S".
>>
>> According to some info the sport suspension came with yellow Bilstein
>> shocks. My original shocks aren't yellow, so I presume I don't have a
>> sport suspension?

> This discussion seems to indicate the Shinsen did not have sport suspension.
> It's not quite definitive, but almost.
>
> http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=291356

Thanks. For some reason Google found me a couple other threads in the
miata.net forum but not that one. I knew that all '03 models had the
same (bigger) brake rotors, but opinions seem to vary on whether any
of them had a "sport suspension" (parts vendors certainly seem to
think some did). I'm now pretty sure that the Shinsen didn't.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! ... the MYSTERIANS are
at in here with my CORDUROY