I passed!

Old January 18th 11, 11:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default I passed!

Once again I passed my Arizona Emissions test and I didn't even study!
<G>

Test is $27.75, license fee is $20.19!

<Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = ON>

Can you say, "RIP OFF, boys and girls?" I knew you could!

<Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = OFF>

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old January 19th 11, 03:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Hal

On Jan 18, 4:09*pm, XS11E > wrote:
> Once again I passed my Arizona Emissions test and I didn't even study!
> <G>
>
> Test is $27.75, license fee is $20.19!
>
> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = ON>
>
> Can you say, "RIP OFF, boys and girls?" *I knew you could!
>
> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = OFF>

Agree 100%. Gordon-Darby, the company that runs the stations for this
forsaken program, couldn't care less about air quality. What they care
about is money. $27.75 and they don't even drive the car they just
plug it into a computer.

Chris
Old January 19th 11, 05:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Hal > wrote:

> On Jan 18, 4:09*pm, XS11E > wrote:
>> Once again I passed my Arizona Emissions test and I didn't even
>> study! <G>
>>
>> Test is $27.75, license fee is $20.19!
>>
>> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = ON>
>>
>> Can you say, "RIP OFF, boys and girls?" *I knew you could!
>>
>> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = OFF>

> Agree 100%. Gordon-Darby, the company that runs the stations for
> this forsaken program, couldn't care less about air quality. What
> they care about is money. $27.75 and they don't even drive the car
> they just plug it into a computer.

The test depends on the vehicle, on newer cars that's true, they just
connect to the computer to see if any codes are set because some folks
just remove the "Check Engine" bulb before getting tested! On older
cars such as my 1992 Miata they do run it on the rollers while
monitoring the emissions as well as checking the evaporative system.

It's still a rip off.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old January 20th 11, 09:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BK

Missouri changed the emissions test law a couple of years ago. They did
away with the treadmill test, and only use the OBDII. Cars that are
pre-OBDII (like my '90) are exempt from the emissions test and only have to
do a 'safety' check.

Old January 21st 11, 02:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

On 1/20/2011 4:24 PM, BK wrote:
> Missouri changed the emissions test law a couple of years ago. They did
> away with the treadmill test, and only use the OBDII. Cars that are
> pre-OBDII (like my '90) are exempt from the emissions test and only have to
> do a 'safety' check.
> > wrote in message
>>
>> Once again I passed my Arizona Emissions test and I didn't even study!
>> <G>
>>
>> Test is $27.75, license fee is $20.19!
>>
>> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = ON>
>>
>> Can you say, "RIP OFF, boys and girls?" I knew you could!
>>
>> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = OFF>
>>
>> --
>> XS11E, Killing all posts from Google Groups
>> The Usenet Improvement Project:
>> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

In new york, my '95 failed inspection in 2009 which made my mechanic
scratch his head. He had just done some work on the car just a month
before the test and so could not understand why it would fail. He
decided to simply try the test again and the New York State provided
emissions testing equipment, which happens to be an IBM PC with 386
processor circa 1985, coughed up what is know as the blue screen of
death. It took the State five days to get around to replacing the
computer. To add insult to injury they charged the garage again for
running the test a 'second time' on my car (which I only found out about
recently since they did not pass the duplicate charge on to me - the
garage is a class act). I suspect that given the age of the test
equipment used and the age of ODBI cars (1995 and older - making fewer
and fewer of them on the road as daily drivers) will mean they will stop
testing emissions on ODBI cars in New York State soon too.

Old January 21st 11, 12:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Stephen Toth[_2_]

RIP OFF??
You are getting off easy.
Here in SE PA, the emission test is $44.00 to test the gas cap for
leaks, and read the OBDII info from the car.
Older non OBDII still require a Dyno test, but the number of the
testing Dynos has dwindled as the machines failed, and the stations
didn't want to pay to fix them. There is talk of dropping the Dyno test
for the older ones, but it hasn't happened yet.
We also have the safety inspection for another $25.00.
The station gets very little of that, so they get to charge about $5.00
for the administration, and the stickers. Note that these are
independent service stations in this state, not State run testing
facilities.
So ~$74 per year -- wait forgot the sales tax!
Make it ~$78.

And depending on your station and relation with them, most can expect
to throw in a little more for a wiper or lamp somewhere to let them get
some money and bring the total to more like $100.00.

In article

--
-------
Stephen Toth
Old January 22nd 11, 01:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Stephen Toth wrote;
> RIP OFF??
> You are getting off easy.
> Here in SE PA, the emission test is $44.00 to test the gas cap
> for
> leaks, and read the OBDII info from the car.
> Older non OBDII still require a Dyno test, but the number of
> the
> testing Dynos has dwindled as the machines failed, and the
> stations
> didn't want to pay to fix them. There is talk of dropping the
> Dyno test
> for the older ones, but it hasn't happened yet.
> We also have the safety inspection for another $25.00.
> The station gets very little of that, so they get to charge
> about $5.00
> for the administration, and the stickers. Note that these are
> independent service stations in this state, not State run
> testing
> facilities.
> So ~$74 per year -- wait forgot the sales tax!
> Make it ~$78.
>
> And depending on your station and relation with them, most can
> expect
> to throw in a little more for a wiper or lamp somewhere to let
> them get
> some money and bring the total to more like $100.00.

Depends on where you go. I actually took my '04 to the dealer
last week for inspection. Also had them replace (you guessed it)
the wipers blades, which really needed to be replaced, and since
it's so darn cold in my unheated garage, I had them change the
oil. Total bill $70.65. Free state inspection. Emissions test
was $21.95. Wiper blades $14.82. Oil change $29.88 using their
oil and filter. Sales tax $4.

Of course it also helps that Young Mazda, just north of Easton,
PA, is a sponsor of our club and we get 15% discount on parts and
usually labor too.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old January 22nd 11, 10:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Douglas Payne

On 18/01/2011 23:09, XS11E wrote:

> Once again I passed my Arizona Emissions test and I didn't even study!
> <G>
>
> Test is $27.75, license fee is $20.19!
>
> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = ON>
>
> Can you say, "RIP OFF, boys and girls?" I knew you could!
>
> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = OFF>

I'm moving to Arizona.

Yearly roadworthiness test including emissions check - maximum cost
£54.85 (some garages charge less).

Road Tax disc - cost varies depending on manufacturer calculated CO2
emissions. My 2003 NB Sport costs £245 per year and all I get is a
little round peice of paper!

That's how I say 'RIP OFF'. (c:

--
Douglas
Old January 22nd 11, 11:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Douglas Payne

On 22/01/2011 10:42, Douglas Payne wrote:
> On 18/01/2011 23:09, XS11E wrote:
>>
>> Once again I passed my Arizona Emissions test and I didn't even study!
>> <G>
>>
>> Test is $27.75, license fee is $20.19!
>>
>> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = ON>
>>
>> Can you say, "RIP OFF, boys and girls?" I knew you could!
>>
>> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = OFF>

> I'm moving to Arizona.
>
> Yearly roadworthiness test including emissions check - maximum cost
> £54.85 (some garages charge less).
>
> Road Tax disc - cost varies depending on manufacturer calculated CO2
> emissions. My 2003 NB Sport costs £245 per year and all I get is a
> little round peice of paper!
>
> That's how I say 'RIP OFF'. (c:

Ha! In case you hadn't guessed by the £ currency symbols I used, I live
in the UK.

--
Douglas
Old January 23rd 11, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Iva" > wrote in message

>> And depending on your station and relation with them, most can expect
>> to throw in a little more for a wiper or lamp somewhere to let them get
>> some money and bring the total to more like $100.00.

> Depends on where you go. I actually took my '04 to the dealer last week
> for inspection. Also had them replace (you guessed it) the wipers blades,
> which really needed to be replaced, and since it's so darn cold in my
> unheated garage, I had them change the oil. Total bill $70.65. Free
> state inspection. Emissions test was $21.95. Wiper blades $14.82. Oil
> change $29.88 using their oil and filter. Sales tax $4.
>
> Of course it also helps that Young Mazda, just north of Easton, PA, is a
> sponsor of our club and we get 15% discount on parts and usually labor
> too.
>
> Iva & Vixen
> 2004 Classic Red
> No more winkin' Miata

That goes back to that 'relationship' thing I guess. I would agree that
assuming all dealerships are 'stealerships' is a mistake. Sometimes (not
often) reasonable deals are available there ($15 wipers!).

Chris
99BBB

A$2.00 a litre has passed Saab C900 Viggenist General 4 May 31st 08 02:34 AM
No wonder we got passed Padraig Auto Photos 0 May 29th 07 03:57 AM
It Passed! SteveH Alfa Romeo 3 March 27th 07 11:29 PM
PASSED Emissions! Cameron Ford Mustang 7 August 11th 06 02:35 PM
That's another MOT passed, then :-) SteveH Alfa Romeo 0 May 17th 04 08:04 PM