Next MX-5 Uncovered

Old August 6th 10, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

Default Next MX-5 Uncovered

On 2010-08-06, John McGaw > wrote:
> On 8/5/2010 2:11 AM, Christopher Muto wrote:
>> pictu
>> http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ma...uncovered.aspx
>>
>> brief article:
>> http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/251503/

> It seems to have enough "character lines" to remove any hint of character.
> Did all of the designers of the original die

For mercy's sake I hope so. If not they've surely poked out their own
eyes and gone insane by now...

--
Grant

Old August 6th 10, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Hal

On Aug 4, 11:11*pm, Christopher Muto > wrote:
> pictuhttp://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ma...-mx-5-uncovere...
> brief article:http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/251503/

That is a seriously ugly miata. Sheesh.

Makes me wonder what Mazda is thinking. They ruined the 3 with that
hideous nose-job, now they're doing the same thing to the Miata.

Chris
Old August 6th 10, 04:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark

Grant Edwards wrote:
> I'm glad to see they've stuck with their basic design philosphies:

Hmm, as I read it the drawing is not by Mazda but by Autocar so there is
hope.

My wish would be something like the NB with maybe a new interior, like
the parking brake on the right and better plastic maybe some painted
metal elements. And perhaps new headlights and idicator lights in the
side mirrors.

Kind regards
Bruno
Old August 10th 10, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark" > wrote in
message ...
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>> I'm glad to see they've stuck with their basic design philosphies:
>>

> Hmm, as I read it the drawing is not by Mazda but by Autocar so there is
> hope.
>
> My wish would be something like the NB with maybe a new interior, like the
> parking brake on the right and better plastic maybe some painted metal
> elements. And perhaps new headlights and idicator lights in the side
> mirrors.
>
> Kind regards
> Bruno

Good point, there were tons of bad guesses before the actual NC showed up. I
think the 06 production car was better than most of the guesses that came
out ahead. Took Mazda a couple years to totally screw it up with the clown
face.

Bruno, you crack me up, you don't ask for much in this new car.

Chris
99BBB

Old August 10th 10, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Hal" > wrote in message
On Aug 4, 11:11 pm, Christopher Muto > wrote:
> pictuhttp://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ma...-mx-5-uncovere...
> brief article:http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/251503/

That is a seriously ugly miata. Sheesh.

Makes me wonder what Mazda is thinking. They ruined the 3 with that
hideous nose-job, now they're doing the same thing to the Miata.

Chris

Don't forget they screwed up the front of the RX8 before they axed it too!

(one of the other Chris's)
99BBB

Old August 10th 10, 04:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> "Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark" >
> wrote in message ...
>> Grant Edwards wrote:
>>> I'm glad to see they've stuck with their basic design philosphies:
>>>

>> Hmm, as I read it the drawing is not by Mazda but by Autocar so
>> there is hope.
>>
>> My wish would be something like the NB with maybe a new interior,
>> like the parking brake on the right and better plastic maybe some
>> painted metal elements. And perhaps new headlights and idicator
>> lights in the side mirrors.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Bruno

> Good point, there were tons of bad guesses before the actual NC
> showed up. I think the 06 production car was better than most of the
> guesses that came out ahead. Took Mazda a couple years to totally
> screw it up with the clown face.
>
> Bruno, you crack me up, you don't ask for much in this new car.
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

When my '96 Miata died, I really considered replacing it with a Mazdaspeed
3. The cartoonish look stopped me. Maybe I should have gone with a
Mazdaspeed 6.

Old August 10th 10, 10:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> Good point, there were tons of bad guesses before the actual NC showed
> up.

Thx

I think the 06 production car was better than most of the guesses
> that came out ahead. Took Mazda a couple years to totally screw it up
> with the clown face.

It could be worse. If one looks at Peugeot cars there is a line that has
gotten progressively worse ending when even their designers admitted it
could not go on. For example google the Peugeot 407 and notice how much
of the car is sticking out at each en past the wheels.

> Bruno, you crack me up, you don't ask for much in this new car.

Why mess with perfection?

It's not like I mind change but change just for the sake of change seems
wrong to me. Still I know sometimes we something at first thinking "What
were they thinking/smoking" only to a little later realize it was
actually a good thing. One example would be the flame-design by BMW and
another for me is the mega yacht named "SKAT" which is owned by an
ex-Microsoft guy.

I really do think the looks of a NB are spot on and that to an extend
that the 2001 "facelift" was unneeded and not an improvement.

I did however forget one wish for a new Miata. They need to add more
lightness. Maybe they could do like Porsche and offer an RS version
where lightness is even more a target than usual (I hear one can get the
Porsche with a Porsche sticker for the hood rather than the normal metal
emblem).

Take care

Bruno
Old August 10th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Frank Berger" > wrote in message >
> When my '96 Miata died, I really considered replacing it with a Mazdaspeed
> 3. The cartoonish look stopped me. Maybe I should have gone with a
> Mazdaspeed 6.

I'll tell you what, the Speed 6 is under-rated imho and in that same
opinion, I say it's a VERY good looking sport sedan. I wouldn't mind having
one myself.

cd
99BBB

Old August 11th 10, 12:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark"

Still I know sometimes we something at first thinking "What
> were they thinking/smoking" only to a little later realize it was actually
> a good thing. One example would be the flame-design by BMW

Alright Bruno, you had me but then you start talking about Chris Bangle's
designs growing on you and you loose me again ;-) Actually, BMW continued to
water down CB's 'flame cut' designs as people continued to resist them. I
would say that his designs were a low point for BMW and they still have some
ways to go to get back from that nightmare. cd

> I really do think the looks of a NB are spot on and that to an extend

Agreed! cd

> I did however forget one wish for a new Miata. They need to add more
> lightness.

Alright, I'll give you a pass on the 'add more lightness' comment since
English is probably at least your second language. Anybody else would have
'gotten it' :-) cd

Maybe they could do like Porsche and offer an RS version
> where lightness is even more a target than usual (I hear one can get the
> Porsche with a Porsche sticker for the hood rather than the normal metal
> emblem).

They have actually sold a 'club sport' here in the states but, yes, I'd like
to see them get more serious about it. Not enough interest, I guess?! cd

Old August 11th 10, 03:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> "Frank Berger" > wrote in message >
>> When my '96 Miata died, I really considered replacing it with a
>> Mazdaspeed 3. The cartoonish look stopped me. Maybe I should have gone
>> with a
>> Mazdaspeed 6.
>>

> I'll tell you what, the Speed 6 is under-rated imho and in that same
> opinion, I say it's a VERY good looking sport sedan. I wouldn't mind
> having one myself.
>
> cd
> 99BBB

When I was shopping there was a nice low-mileage Titanium one for sale at a
good price by a soldier shipping out to Iraq. It was more money, of course,
than the MSM. Maybe I shouldda....