75 wind deflector removal

Old September 6th 09, 06:00 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Default 75 wind deflector removal

Does anyone have an idiots guide to this?

Managed to the passenger side item whilst working on the car today.

Gah!

On the positive side, the car now has a decent stereo with bluetooth
hands-free, iPod control and MP3 capability and the headlining no longer
sags, although I need to have it fixed properly, rather than bodged.

Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed - Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso -
Ducati 750SS - BMW R100RT - Toyota Prius T-Spirit
Old September 6th 09, 06:29 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Does anyone have an idiots guide to this?
>
> Managed to the passenger side item whilst working on the car today.
>
> Gah!
>
> On the positive side, the car now has a decent stereo with bluetooth
> hands-free, iPod control and MP3 capability and the headlining no longer
> sags, although I need to have it fixed properly, rather than bodged.

How did you bodge it?

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old September 6th 09, 06:33 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Catman > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
> > Does anyone have an idiots guide to this?
> >
> > Managed to the passenger side item whilst working on the car today.
> >
> > Gah!
> >
> > On the positive side, the car now has a decent stereo with bluetooth
> > hands-free, iPod control and MP3 capability and the headlining no longer
> > sags, although I need to have it fixed properly, rather than bodged.
> >

> How did you bodge it?

Spray-on impact adhesive, staple gun and Duck tape.

It's not offensively ugly, but I'm not happy with it.
Old September 6th 09, 07:18 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> SteveH wrote:
>>> Does anyone have an idiots guide to this?
>>>
>>> Managed to the passenger side item whilst working on the car today.
>>>
>>> Gah!
>>>
>>> On the positive side, the car now has a decent stereo with bluetooth
>>> hands-free, iPod control and MP3 capability and the headlining no longer
>>> sags, although I need to have it fixed properly, rather than bodged.
>>>

>> How did you bodge it?

> Spray-on impact adhesive, staple gun and Duck tape.

AFAIK the glue will not work cos the foam has had it.

> It's not offensively ugly, but I'm not happy with it.

What did you staple it to? Through the roof?
Old September 6th 09, 07:22 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Catman > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
> > Catman > wrote:

> >> How did you bodge it?

> > Spray-on impact adhesive, staple gun and Duck tape.

> AFAIK the glue will not work cos the foam has had it.

I pulled it tight and glued it right at the back, where there was no
foam left.

> > It's not offensively ugly, but I'm not happy with it.

> What did you staple it to? Through the roof?

Just over the passenger footwell, there's a polystyrene 'baton' in the
roof.

C5 wind deflector yar Corvette 6 September 12th 06 02:14 AM
Air/Bug Deflector - 2005 Caravan Stingray Chrysler 4 November 24th 05 05:06 PM
BMW E46 Wind Deflector Matt BMW 1 May 2nd 05 10:25 PM
rain deflector SteveBrady Jeep 3 March 1st 05 03:11 PM
5000 water deflector bgc Audi 3 July 17th 04 08:35 PM