Where is 1998 Jeep Wrangler Oxygen sensor located?

Old June 3rd 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Penguin

Default Where is 1998 Jeep Wrangler Oxygen sensor located?

Hi All,

I got a 1998 Jeep Wrangler. I got P0138 error and would like to
replace the oxygen sensor.
Can anyone guide me to locate the oxygen sensor?

Thanks,
Pen
Old June 4th 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Tom[_2_]

in the exhaust pipe, normally between the catalytic converter and muffler.

Old June 4th 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Herb Leong

In article >,
Penguin > wrote:
#Hi All,
#
#I got a 1998 Jeep Wrangler. I got P0138 error and would like to
#replace the oxygen sensor.
#Can anyone guide me to locate the oxygen sensor?
#
#Thanks,
#Pen

Look at the end of the exhaust manifold, right before it connects to
the pipe that goes to the cat. Make sure you put some anti-seize
goop on the new sensor's threads before you install it.

/herb
Old June 5th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Lon

Herb Leong wrote:
> In article >,
> Penguin > wrote:
> #Hi All,
> #
> #I got a 1998 Jeep Wrangler. I got P0138 error and would like to
> #replace the oxygen sensor.
> #Can anyone guide me to locate the oxygen sensor?
> #
> #Thanks,
> #Pen
>
> Look at the end of the exhaust manifold, right before it connects to
> the pipe that goes to the cat. Make sure you put some anti-seize
> goop on the new sensor's threads before you install it.

And make sure anything you put on that sensor is sensor-safe unless you
can afford to buy two of them.