97 Suburban Tail Light - HELP

Old February 12th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4, alt.trucks.chevy, alt.autos.gm, alt.autos

Default 97 Suburban Tail Light - HELP

I'm trying to change my burned out right rear brake light/turn signal
bulb on my '97 Suburban and have no clue on how to get to the bulb.
Is there any 'how to' sites available that anyone knows about that
would cover this?

I removed part of the inside panel and could see the rear AC/Heater
blower motor but no access to the right rear lighting system and it
clearly has to be unbolted/unscrewed from the inside as there are no
external screws accessible from the outside. I looked underneath and
same thing - nothing (no access to any screws). I also went to
autozone.com and they don't have an online manual for that particular
year & model and I'd love to purchase a manual that had good
illustrations and step by step on how to get at this. Totally
frustrating...

Sorry for being so wordy - pretty frustrated after spending quite a
bit of time trying to get to a $3 bulb. Any help would be GREATLY
appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Old February 12th 08, 06:23 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4,alt.trucks.chevy,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos
Augustus

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you...a_GMC_Suburban

Old February 12th 08, 07:11 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4, alt.trucks.chevy, alt.autos.gm, alt.autos

On Feb 11, 10:23 pm, "Augustus" > wrote:

> http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you...ht_in_a_GMC_Su...

I'll look again tomorrow. Don't recall seeing the rubber plugs it
mentions. Almost if that was the instructions for a pickup. I'll
look again though and thanks very much...