I passed!

Old January 23rd 11, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default I passed!

"Douglas Payne" > wrote in message
> On 18/01/2011 23:09, XS11E wrote:
>>
>> Once again I passed my Arizona Emissions test and I didn't even study!
>> <G>
>>
>> Test is $27.75, license fee is $20.19!
>>
>> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = ON>
>>
>> Can you say, "RIP OFF, boys and girls?" I knew you could!
>>
>> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = OFF>

> I'm moving to Arizona.
>
> Yearly roadworthiness test including emissions check - maximum cost £54.85
> (some garages charge less).
>
> Road Tax disc - cost varies depending on manufacturer calculated CO2
> emissions. My 2003 NB Sport costs £245 per year and all I get is a little
> round peice of paper!
>
> That's how I say 'RIP OFF'. (c:
>
> --
> Douglas

Douglass, can you give us quickie / approx $ translation? Sorry, I know that
I should know.

Chris
99BBB

Old January 23rd 11, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> "Douglas Payne" > wrote in message

>> I'm moving to Arizona.
>>
>> Yearly roadworthiness test including emissions check - maximum
>> cost £54.85 (some garages charge less).
>>
>> Road Tax disc - cost varies depending on manufacturer calculated
>> CO2 emissions. My 2003 NB Sport costs £245 per year and all I
>> get is a little round peice of paper!
>>
>> That's how I say 'RIP OFF'. (c:
>>
>> --
>> Douglas

> Douglass, can you give us quickie / approx $ translation? Sorry, I
> know that I should know.

http://www.dollars2pounds.com/

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old January 25th 11, 02:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

>> Douglass, can you give us quickie / approx $ translation? Sorry, I
>> know that I should know.

> http://www.dollars2pounds.com/

You can also put "xxx UK pounds in US Dollars" in the Google search box and
it will convert for you. Works for lots of different currencies.

miker

Old January 25th 11, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Douglas Payne

On 23/01/2011 14:50, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> "Douglas Payne" > wrote in message
>> On 18/01/2011 23:09, XS11E wrote:
>>>
>>> Once again I passed my Arizona Emissions test and I didn't even study!
>>> <G>
>>>
>>> Test is $27.75, license fee is $20.19!
>>>
>>> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = ON>
>>>
>>> Can you say, "RIP OFF, boys and girls?" I knew you could!
>>>
>>> <Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mode = OFF>

>> I'm moving to Arizona.
>>
>> Yearly roadworthiness test including emissions check - maximum cost
>> £54.85 (some garages charge less).
>>
>> Road Tax disc - cost varies depending on manufacturer calculated CO2
>> emissions. My 2003 NB Sport costs £245 per year and all I get is a
>> little round peice of paper!
>>
>> That's how I say 'RIP OFF'. (c:

> Douglass, can you give us quickie / approx $ translation? Sorry, I know
> that I should know.

For the record, 1 pound is about 1.6 dollars at the moment.

Today I paid about about £1.25 (around $2) per litre for petrol with
95RONs in. I think 95RONs is about 91 US Octanes.

Or about US$90 to fill the tank of my tiny Peugeot Hatchback with a 1.1
litre engine. I laughed, but it wasn't funny.

By my calculation thats about $7.50 per US Gallon, from one of the
cheapest places in town.

How does that compare?

--
Douglas
Old January 26th 11, 03:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Douglas Payne > wrote:

> Today I paid about about £1.25 (around $2) per litre for petrol
> with 95RONs in. I think 95RONs is about 91 US Octanes.
>
> Or about US$90 to fill the tank of my tiny Peugeot Hatchback with
> a 1.1 litre engine. I laughed, but it wasn't funny.
>
> By my calculation thats about $7.50 per US Gallon, from one of the
> cheapest places in town.
>
> How does that compare?

Lower octane is about $2.89 per US Gallon at Costco here in Phoenix,
Arizona, California is about $3.17/gallon at Costco, Gas prices can
vary a lot in different parts of the country.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old January 26th 11, 11:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Douglas Payne

On 26/01/2011 02:36, XS11E wrote:
> Douglas > wrote:
>
>> Today I paid about about £1.25 (around $2) per litre for petrol
>> with 95RONs in. I think 95RONs is about 91 US Octanes.
>>
>> Or about US$90 to fill the tank of my tiny Peugeot Hatchback with
>> a 1.1 litre engine. I laughed, but it wasn't funny.
>>
>> By my calculation thats about $7.50 per US Gallon, from one of the
>> cheapest places in town.
>>
>> How does that compare?

> Lower octane is about $2.89 per US Gallon at Costco here in Phoenix,
> Arizona, California is about $3.17/gallon at Costco, Gas prices can
> vary a lot in different parts of the country.

Interesting. 95RON is the lowest grade of road fuel available in this
country. I think petrol in the city I live in is about as cheap as it gets.

Prices don't vary all that much here though. You're never more than a
couple of hundred miles from a refinery and competition means its sold
pretty much at cost, with retailers making up by charging £1 or so for a
mars bar etc.

Is Arizona pretty?

--
Douglas

Old January 27th 11, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Douglas Payne > wrote:

> Is Arizona pretty?

http://www.arizonahighways.com/

http://www.arizonaguide.com/

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old January 27th 11, 05:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"miker" > wrote in message
m...
>>> Douglass, can you give us quickie / approx $ translation? Sorry, I
>>> know that I should know.

>> http://www.dollars2pounds.com/

> You can also put "xxx UK pounds in US Dollars" in the Google search box
> and it will convert for you. Works for lots of different currencies.
>
> miker
>
>Yes, good to know, thanks,

cd

A$2.00 a litre has passed Saab C900 Viggenist General 4 May 31st 08 02:34 AM
No wonder we got passed Padraig Auto Photos 0 May 29th 07 03:57 AM
It Passed! SteveH Alfa Romeo 3 March 27th 07 11:29 PM
PASSED Emissions! Cameron Ford Mustang 7 August 11th 06 02:35 PM
That's another MOT passed, then :-) SteveH Alfa Romeo 0 May 17th 04 08:04 PM