4x4 usefulness

Old April 2nd 09, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Jeff[_35_]

Default 4x4 usefulness

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:38:49 -0400, wrote:

>think outside the box.... just a few alterations.....
>have a dodge slant 6 75 vintage, the larger block, the rear end is
>positrac.... (thebody is gone though), intake manifold 4 barrel from
>the two barrel one.. .. been thinking of a postal jeep with some
>alterations... getting the list together.....

Postal Jeep?! Aack!

I drove those things for over 10 years on the job. Dodgy brakes and
steering made them dangerous at 40mph.
Single-wheel-drive caused them to get stuck in almost anything.

JT

Old April 3rd 09, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

will have to keep looking... for a suitable vehicle.... or just keep it
on the engine stand...

Old April 9th 09, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
SnoMan

On 4/2/2009 12:57 AM, Jeff wrote:

> Single-wheel-drive caused them to get stuck in almost anything.
>
> JT

Just for the record, there is no such thing as "single wheel drive" in a
vehicle like that. A open diff can only do one thing and that is send
the same amount of torque to BOTH wheels, no more, no less. A LSD, Posi
or locker can send more torque to one wheel than other one. To have one
wheel drive you would have to have a axle with a locker and a broken
axle on one side and then you would have 1WD. BTW, replacement lockers
actually are part time 1WD's in turns under limited power as they
"coast" outside wheel in a turn and drive inside one.
Old April 14th 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

On Apr 9, 1:20*pm, SnoMan > wrote:
> On 4/2/2009 12:57 AM, Jeff wrote:
>
> > Single-wheel-drive caused them to get stuck in almost anything.

> > JT

> Just for the record, there is no such thing as "single wheel drive" in a

[snip]

Important information.
SBJ: 4T65E
http://tinyurl.com/2lcjkv
(Confuses a 4T65e with a 4L65e and won't admit it.)
SBJ: Dumb brake question
http://tinyurl.com/2ya3wo
(Discribes the wrong brakes and won't admit it.)
SBJ: Front wheel bearings-2000 Blazer??
http://tinyurl.com/2j44zv
(Claims torque specs are wrong when they are not.)
SBJ: Snoball Defense System v1.01
http://tinyurl.com/2okyfx
(Snoball breaks these out when he knows he's wrong
and doesn't want to admit it.)
Old May 17th 09, 01:22 PM
www.pjstemplates.com www.pjstemplates.com is offline
Junior Member

wondering do u drive a pinto?? do u believe in global warming? do u live
in your mother's basement? have u ever been to a race track? have u
ever heard of fireball roberts? richard petty? have u heard the sound
of dual cherry bombs with a 440? do u still kick tires when buying
that pinto.