New Charger vs New Mustang?

Old June 25th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default New Charger vs New Mustang?

who would win?

Old June 25th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Comparing apples to oranges. One is a two door 2+2 sports car the other is
a 4 door 5 seater sedan. Not sure waht the numbers are the but the RT and
the GT are probably pretty close.

ps.com...

Old June 25th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

the real question is will the stang win against the gto the srt8 lost
to the gto in c&d and some other rags test

Old June 26th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Win what?

DAS

---

ps.com...

Old June 28th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

i will do that

Old June 28th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Lap times? I don't remember that. I get both R&T and C&D and they always
copy each other, so I don't remember for sure whether I've read that yet or
not. I read in one or the other that the Mustang didn't feel "500 hp" fast.
Whatever that means. I guess think of it as the slowest 500 hp car you've
ever had.

I'm not sure how to take the Charger reference. The Charger is quite a bit
lower in hp, but if its artificial top speed limiter is higher, it could lap
lotsa places with the Mustang. I guess.

oups.com...

Old June 28th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I don't have the issue in front of me, it is at my desk at work. I'll
paraphrase; it says something like the Shelby's lap times were within
the same results as last year's Charger SRT8. I'll try to get the issue
tomorrow and quote the exact words.

Old June 30th 06, 09:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

In article om>,
"mudpucket" > wrote:

> who would win?

The pocket book of the Mustang buyer.
Old June 30th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

mudpucket wrote:

> who would win?

Win at what?

IMO the Mustang is a little better looking than the Charger (though not
as nice as the Challenger concept car). But the Charger has a superior
drivetrain, especially the engine. The Mustang will launch better at the
dragstrip because it has a solid rear axle. The IRS on the Charger makes
it wheel-hop like a sumbitch, but its got enough power that you can
"walk" it out and still turn decent times- but not as good as if it had
better bite off the line. I sure wish it had a solid axle option- I
was hoping the Police-spec Charger might have exactly that, but it doesn't.