Designated decoy...

Old February 4th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Designated decoy...

Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a local neighborhood bar.
Late in the evening the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated
that he could barely walk.

The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes with the officer
quietly observing. After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five
different vehicles, the man managed to find his own car which he fell into.
He was there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar &
drove off. Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off (it
was a dry night), flicked the hazard flasher on and off, tooted the horn &
then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches,
reversed a little & then remained stationary for a few more minutes as more
patrons left in their vehicles. At last he pulled out of the parking lot &
started to drive slowly down the street.

The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started up
his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and
carried out a breathalyzer test. To his amazement the breathalyzer indicated
no evidence of the man having consumed alcohol at all! Dumbfounded, the
officer said "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the Police station,
this breathalyzer equipment must be broken.

"I doubt it," said the man, "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

Old February 5th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, BE wrote:

> The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started
> up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man
> over and carried out a breathalyzer test. To his amazement the
> breathalyzer indicated no evidence of the man having consumed alcohol at
> all! Dumbfounded, the officer said "I'll have to ask you to accompany me
> to the Police station, this breathalyzer equipment must be broken. "I
> doubt it," said the man, "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

That bang you just heard/felt was Judy's head exploding.
Old February 5th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Daniel J. Stern, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on Sat, 4 Feb 2006 19:31:56 -0500:
> That bang you just heard/felt was Judy's head exploding.

Or me hitting the floor to laugh my ass off...

Old February 5th 06, 08:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"BE" > wrote in message
> Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a local neighborhood bar.
> Late in the evening the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so
> intoxicated that he could barely walk.

That's too old to be funny anymore...

--
---
jaybird

Old February 5th 06, 08:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

jaybird wrote: <brevity snip>
> That's too old to be funny anymore...

-----
Circa 1969? I was in HS the first time...
-----

- gpsman

Old February 5th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 08:17:13 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:

>"BE" > wrote in message
m...
>> Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a local neighborhood bar.
>> Late in the evening the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so
>> intoxicated that he could barely walk.

>That's too old to be funny anymore...

No it isn't (too old to be funny).

Dave