NSR keyboard keys?

Old February 20th 05, 01:22 PM
Rodney Arndt

Default NSR keyboard keys?

Anyone have any information on what all the keyboard keys do in NSR? I'm a
little disappointed with the manual and the lack of information in the
readme file on what exactly we have to work with here. Are there combination
buttons that do stuff? ie. cntrl + whatever? No explantion on all these
senstivity options for my wheel and how they effect play or what they do. I
hate the trial an error method especially when I'm not feeling what I think
I should be <g>. I'm still trying to find the frame rate button.

Don't get me wrong I like what I'm seeing and feeling the more I test, but
it seems like I'm spending more time experimenting trying to figure out what
this does and what that does, than time I should be spending on the track. I
dont feel like I have things set the way they need to be. I do think this is
by far EA's best sim to date & I see a lot of potential, but please supply
us with a little more info or help menus to lessen the frustrations of
trying to get us up and running without having to use a trial and error
method. Anyone have a clue on how to set this thing up on a dedicated
server? I've found zero info thus far. I'm getting way ahead of myself. I'd
settle for knowing how to view my framrates

Old February 20th 05, 01:47 PM
Bob V

news : Anyone have any information on what all the keyboard keys do in NSR? I'm a
:
: Don't get me wrong I like what I'm seeing and feeling the more I test, but
: it seems like I'm spending more time experimenting trying to figure out
what
: this does and what that does, than time I should be spending on the track.
: dont feel like I have things set the way they need to be. I do think this
is
: by far EA's best sim to date & I see a lot of potential, but please supply
: us with a little more info or help menus to lessen the frustrations of
: trying to get us up and running without having to use a trial and error
: method. Anyone have a clue on how to set this thing up on a dedicated
: server? I've found zero info thus far. I'm getting way ahead of myself.
I'd
: settle for knowing how to view my framrates

I think most of them are on pages 1 & 2 of the manual :-) Ctrl-F for frame
rate

Old February 20th 05, 01:50 PM
Bob V

"Bob V" > wrote in message
:
: "Rodney Arndt" > wrote in message
: news :: Anyone have any information on what all the keyboard keys do in NSR? I'm
:: little disappointed with the manual and the lack of information in the
:: readme file on what exactly we have to work with here. Are there
: combination
:: buttons that do stuff? ie. cntrl + whatever? No explantion on all these
:: senstivity options for my wheel and how they effect play or what they do.
: I
:: hate the trial an error method especially when I'm not feeling what I
: think
:: I should be <g>. I'm still trying to find the frame rate button.
::
[...]

Oh, and for dedicated server, look in ....support/en-us But you are right,
their documentation leaves a lot to be desired.

Old February 20th 05, 02:18 PM
Larry

Yeah, like how to call the tow-truck when you are online racing.

I had a spin, lost several tires, and never could get to the pits. I had to
quit the race with the escape key and you can't get back in when you do
this.

Yes, I have auto-eject disabled like most people do. If this takes away the
only way to get to the pits after an incident then this was a very dumb
design decision, and was definitely not designed with simmers in mind.

-Larry

Old February 22nd 05, 04:08 PM
Plowboy

Larry I got online last night (didnt take time to tweak the plr file) and
if/when the game "sends you to the trailer" so to speak you cant get back
into the car either... what a joke because right after the car came to rest
it "beamed" to the pits, I heard the crewcheif say "cars is OK"... can you
say what a bunch of CRAP! LOL! I got to get into the PLR file, but you
know what I really wish to do, is find a way so that ANY driver I create,
has the settings I tweak this one too, BY DEFAULT! C'mon ELECTRONIC ARTS,
this is BuuuuuuLL SSSHHHIIIIIIT!

Larry enlightened us with:

Old February 25th 05, 09:17 PM
Larry

Hell, I just had flat tires and was stuck in the grass and the game leaves
you NO recourse but to escape out of the server.

It's a crock I tell ya

-Larry

Old February 28th 05, 08:50 PM
Nuggetz

And to add insult to injury, your dumb-ass spotter says, "Hey, how's
yer car running" right after you hit a ****ing wall and all 4 wheels
fly off. Is the spotter smoking pot or what?

F keys in NSR? Nlaplaca Simulators 7 February 20th 05 08:50 PM
EA-NSR Keyboard Guide Larry Simulators 12 January 24th 05 05:36 PM
Stereo stays on without keys in ignition juliehicks75 General 2 July 13th 04 05:08 AM