Satelite Radio on an E39`

Old January 19th 05, 08:53 PM
Bradburn Fentress

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Well, you ARE mistaken. Murdoch has no interest in XM.
>
> Also, there are no commercials on XM, and Sirius has more talking and
> DJ chatter than XM on the music channels. Where you're getting your
> info, I don't know. But I have both.
>
> Sirius is like FM without the commercials. XM is a lot more
> professionally programmed, IMO.

I have both too. Sirius in the Bimmer and XM in the F350 and there is no
doubt in my mind that 1) XM has commercials and 2) XM has a considerable
higher amount of talking on the music channels.

Even they have admitted it in press releases (68 of their regular music
channels are commercial-free, but what they consider commercial-free is far
from what the rest of the world considers commercial-free :^) and their
rationale has been that since they are less expensive than Sirius and the
revenue must be recovered. They are tinkering with the idea of raising
prices and eliminating the commercials on all channels. Though I don't think
for a minute they can skip commercials on many of the talk programs. They've
got some of Fox's highest priced talent on their talk channels.

And I don't think he is mistaken about Murdoch either. As I mentioned
before...Murdoch owns DirecTV and DirecTV has ownership in XM. That
indicates Murdoch has an interest in XM. I have not found anything that says
they have sold that interest although earlier in the year they were
proposing to.

BMW 5 series (E39) business radio removal TrueBlue BMW 5 June 20th 05 02:30 PM
dealer replaced radio, still doesn't work caburnham BMW 5 November 20th 04 05:08 PM
NAV PLUS RADIO bad reception SAPO Audi 4 July 20th 04 10:39 PM
WTB: Old VW / Audi radio Fred Mau Audi 2 May 20th 04 01:11 AM
radio is on safe mode bofromtherock Audi 2 May 15th 04 01:33 AM