getting out of sim auto racing

Old January 1st 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Joel Willstein

Default getting out of sim auto racing

Try as I might, I just haven't been able to get back into sim racing
after trying on and off for the last 6 months or so. I've moved on to
turn based games like chess and Civilization 4, which neither require a
super powerful computer nor lightening fast reflexes. Neither of which
I no longer have.

I thought that before I put my wheel and a few games up on ebay, that I
would offer them here first. If anyone is interested in these items,
please email off list. Thanks.

Joel Willstein

TSW2 Basic with Rockfire USB adapter. 5 years old. Excellent condition.
Needs a new steering pot. $100 plus shipping.

Grand Prix Legends. Instruction manual plus Steve Smith's book. $50 plus
shipping

Nascar 2003 with instruction book $50 plus shipping.

I also have F1 2002, Nascar 3, and the expansion pack. Both have their
respective booklets.
Old January 1st 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein wrote:
> Try as I might, I just haven't been able to get back into sim racing
> after trying on and off for the last 6 months or so. I've moved on to
> turn based games like chess and Civilization 4, which neither require a
> super powerful computer nor lightening fast reflexes. Neither of which
> I no longer have.
>
> I thought that before I put my wheel and a few games up on ebay, that I
> would offer them here first. If anyone is interested in these items,
> please email off list. Thanks.
>
> Joel Willstein
>

> TSW2 Basic with Rockfire USB adapter. 5 years old. Excellent condition.
> Needs a new steering pot. $100 plus shipping.
>
> Grand Prix Legends. Instruction manual plus Steve Smith's book. $50 plus
> shipping
>
> Nascar 2003 with instruction book $50 plus shipping.
>
> I also have F1 2002, Nascar 3, and the expansion pack. Both have their
> respective booklets.

Sorry guys. I some how I missed spelled my email address. It's

Old January 2nd 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Darus

On Jan 1, 1:35 pm, Joel Willstein > wrote:
> Try as I might, I just haven't been able to get back into sim racing
> after trying on and off for the last 6 months or so. I've moved on to
> turn based games like chess and Civilization 4, which neither require a
> super powerful computer nor lightening fast reflexes. Neither of which
> I no longer have.
>
> I thought that before I put my wheel and a few games up on ebay, that I
> would offer them here first. If anyone is interested in these items,
> please email off list. Thanks.
>
> Joel Willstein
>

> TSW2 Basic with Rockfire USB adapter. 5 years old. Excellent condition.
> Needs a new steering pot. $100 plus shipping.
>
> Grand Prix Legends. Instruction manual plus Steve Smith's book. $50 plus
> shipping
>
> Nascar 2003 with instruction book $50 plus shipping.
>
> I also have F1 2002, Nascar 3, and the expansion pack. Both have their
> respective booklets.

Just curious, but is this the same stuff you have been trying to sell
for like 2 years? I seem to recall that I wanted to buy the wheel last
year at some point and then you changed your mind halfway thru the
discussion.

Old January 2nd 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Joel Willstein

Darus wrote:

> On Jan 1, 1:35 pm, Joel Willstein > wrote:
>> Try as I might, I just haven't been able to get back into sim racing
>> after trying on and off for the last 6 months or so. I've moved on to
>> turn based games like chess and Civilization 4, which neither require a
>> super powerful computer nor lightening fast reflexes. Neither of which
>> I no longer have.
>>
>> I thought that before I put my wheel and a few games up on ebay, that I
>> would offer them here first. If anyone is interested in these items,
>> please email off list. Thanks.
>>
>> Joel Willstein
>>

>> TSW2 Basic with Rockfire USB adapter. 5 years old. Excellent condition.
>> Needs a new steering pot. $100 plus shipping.
>>
>> Grand Prix Legends. Instruction manual plus Steve Smith's book. $50 plus
>> shipping
>>
>> Nascar 2003 with instruction book $50 plus shipping.
>>
>> I also have F1 2002, Nascar 3, and the expansion pack. Both have their
>> respective booklets.

> Just curious, but is this the same stuff you have been trying to sell
> for like 2 years? I seem to recall that I wanted to buy the wheel last
> year at some point and then you changed your mind halfway thru the
> discussion.

Yes it is. I decided to give it one more shot after I finished with the
eye surgeon, but try as I might the "thrill was all gone". The wheel is
in the closet, and the sims that I saved are in a bookcase just
gathering dust.

Joel
Old January 2nd 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Emma Ward

"Joel Willstein" > wrote in message
> Try as I might, I just haven't been able to get back into sim racing after
> trying on and off for the last 6 months or so. I've moved on to turn based
> games like chess and Civilization 4, which neither require a super
> powerful computer nor lightening fast reflexes. Neither of which
> I no longer have.
>
> I thought that before I put my wheel and a few games up on ebay, that I
> would offer them here first. If anyone is interested in these items,
> please email off list. Thanks.
>
> Joel Willstein
>

> TSW2 Basic with Rockfire USB adapter. 5 years old. Excellent condition.
> Needs a new steering pot. $100 plus shipping.
>
> Grand Prix Legends. Instruction manual plus Steve Smith's book. $50 plus
> shipping
>
> Nascar 2003 with instruction book $50 plus shipping.
>
> I also have F1 2002, Nascar 3, and the expansion pack. Both have their
> respective booklets.

I go through fazes like this.. and I'm like this at the moment.. I just
can't seem to get any enjoyment out of siming.... I think its a mood
thing..?

Old January 2nd 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
timmy thompson

Emma Ward wrote:
> "Joel Willstein" > wrote in message
>> Try as I might, I just haven't been able to get back into sim racing after
>> trying on and off for the last 6 months or so. I've moved on to turn based
>> games like chess and Civilization 4, which neither require a super
>> powerful computer nor lightening fast reflexes. Neither of which
>> I no longer have.
>>
>> I thought that before I put my wheel and a few games up on ebay, that I
>> would offer them here first. If anyone is interested in these items,
>> please email off list. Thanks.
>>
>> Joel Willstein
>>

>> TSW2 Basic with Rockfire USB adapter. 5 years old. Excellent condition.
>> Needs a new steering pot. $100 plus shipping.
>>
>> Grand Prix Legends. Instruction manual plus Steve Smith's book. $50 plus
>> shipping
>>
>> Nascar 2003 with instruction book $50 plus shipping.
>>
>> I also have F1 2002, Nascar 3, and the expansion pack. Both have their
>> respective booklets.

> I go through fazes like this.. and I'm like this at the moment.. I just
> can't seem to get any enjoyment out of siming.... I think its a mood
> thing..?

the fact that there are no good online racing solutions may contribute
to this feeling
Old January 3rd 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Albert Ross

Emma Ward wrote:
> "Joel Willstein" > wrote in message
>
>>Try as I might, I just haven't been able to get back into sim racing after
>>trying on and off for the last 6 months or so. I've moved on to turn based
>>games like chess and Civilization 4, which neither require a super
>>powerful computer nor lightening fast reflexes. Neither of which
>>I no longer have.
>>
>>I thought that before I put my wheel and a few games up on ebay, that I
>>would offer them here first. If anyone is interested in these items,
>>please email off list. Thanks.
>>
>>Joel Willstein

>>TSW2 Basic with Rockfire USB adapter. 5 years old. Excellent condition.
>>Needs a new steering pot. $100 plus shipping.
>>
>>Grand Prix Legends. Instruction manual plus Steve Smith's book. $50 plus
>>shipping
>>
>>Nascar 2003 with instruction book $50 plus shipping.
>>
>>I also have F1 2002, Nascar 3, and the expansion pack. Both have their
>>respective booklets.

> I go through fazes like this.. and I'm like this at the moment.. I just
> can't seem to get any enjoyment out of siming.... I think its a mood
> thing..?

It more permanent with me, just can't get back into it. I just have the
feeling that I've been there and done that so it's time to move on.
Old January 3rd 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer

You're a ****ing toolshed.

Old January 3rd 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 23:16:44 GMT, Albert Ross > wrote:

>It more permanent with me, just can't get back into it. I just have the
>feeling that I've been there and done that so it's time to move on.

Ofcourse after spending a lot of time on simracing the thrill gets
less and less. I stopped simracing for a while because my former pc
couldn't handle the newer sims. Now that I've 'discover' rFactor and
the mods I'm getting huge enjoyment again from sim-racing.

Besides that I now drive with the G25, manual clutch and using the
H-shifter. It's like learning to drive all over again. Heel/toe is
HARD

Cheers
Andre
Old January 3rd 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Roscoe

oups.com...

Please explain what a ****ing toolshed is?