Swapping out wiper motors

Old May 13th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Swapping out wiper motors

I own a '92 Accord EX, and the other day the passenger wiper motor died
on me. Popped the hood today, and saw that the motors are underneath a
molding that's held in place with some plastic plugs. If anyone is
familiar with this and can tell me how I'd go about getting a new set
of these plugs, and how to go about pulling off the molding, I'd
eternally grateful.
Also, if there's any other little surprises once I do pull the molding
off, a head's up would be appreciated.

Old May 14th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Rusty Shackleford wrote:

> I own a '92 Accord EX, and the other day the passenger wiper motor died
> on me. Popped the hood today, and saw that the motors are underneath a
> molding that's held in place with some plastic plugs. If anyone is
> familiar with this and can tell me how I'd go about getting a new set
> of these plugs, and how to go about pulling off the molding, I'd
> eternally grateful.
> Also, if there's any other little surprises once I do pull the molding
> off, a head's up would be appreciated.

---------------------------------------

Go to www.slhondaparts.com for the diagrams you need. There is only one
motor.

'Curly'
Old May 14th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

You're sure it's not the fuse/relay/switch, right? One little trick I
employ is go to a salvage yard and practice there. That really saved me
when I pulled the instrument cluster on my 95 Civic. It also saved my
butt when I relaced the lights in my heater control (secret screw). I have
pulled the wiper moter on 2 Civics. It's a piece of cake if you go slow on
the plastic cowl fastners. Some will break as they get brittle with age.
Good luck.

Old May 15th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I doubt it's a fuse, since I could see the wiper gradually oscillating
less and less as I was driving.
Can the cowl fasteners be reused? I was under the impression I'd have
to buy some new ones, and was mainly curious as to how I'd go about
getting new ones. If they can, what's the right way to remove them? I
was planning on just prying up on the cowl close to the fastener with a
screwdriver.
Thanks for the info.