rFactor credit card purchase?

Old September 1st 05, 02:48 PM
Praxiteles Democritus

Default rFactor credit card purchase?

I was about to purchase rFactor with my credit card when I noticed it
has a box to enter your CC security code. I've heard that you should
never give this code to anyone and no other online purchase I've made
has ever asked for it so why is rFactor asking for a code they
shouldn't need/or have?
Old September 1st 05, 03:00 PM
Steve Simpson

> I was about to purchase rFactor with my credit card when I noticed it
> has a box to enter your CC security code. I've heard that you should
> never give this code to anyone and no other online purchase I've made
> has ever asked for it so why is rFactor asking for a code they
> shouldn't need/or have?

Hmmm, just about every online purchase I've made in the last 6 months or
so has asked me for that code....
Old September 1st 05, 03:17 PM
Dave Henrie

"Steve Simpson" > wrote in
news
>> I was about to purchase rFactor with my credit card when I noticed it
>> has a box to enter your CC security code. I've heard that you should
>> never give this code to anyone and no other online purchase I've made
>> has ever asked for it so why is rFactor asking for a code they
>> shouldn't need/or have?

> Hmmm, just about every online purchase I've made in the last 6 months
> or so has asked me for that code....

look at it this way. The code is physically printed on your card. If
someone steals your credit card number they still don't have the extra
code. So you are protecting yourself by using that code. It verifies to
the sellar that you are in possesion of the actual card, not just the
account number.

Another way to protect yourself is to get a limited use credit card. One
that has a VERY small available balance. One that is not tied to your
regular bank etc. Use that only for online purchases. If someone violates
your privacy and gets the card number, the most you could be financially
hurt is greatly lessened. And of course, the Credit card companies do
offer some protection after the fact as well.

dave henrie

Old September 1st 05, 03:26 PM
Andi Cole

Yes, you should definitely be asked for it.

Andi.

news

Old September 1st 05, 05:19 PM
Praxiteles Democritus

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 15:26:03 +0100, "Andi Cole" >
wrote:

>Yes, you should definitely be asked for it.
>
>Andi.

OK, I went ahead and purchsed it, thx.

Old September 4th 05, 05:31 AM
Larry

Every purchase I've made asks for this.

-Larry

Old September 4th 05, 05:46 AM
Praxiteles Democritus

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 00:31:59 -0400, "Larry" > wrote:

>Every purchase I've made asks for this.
>
>-Larry

Does a restaurant ask for it when you buy dinner? How about when you
buy something at the store? Nope. Only my CC company asks for that
code when I contact them.

I bought rFactor anyway but then I asked for a refund 24hrs. later.
The AI is pathetic.
Old September 4th 05, 11:33 AM
Ronald Stoehr

Praxiteles Democritus wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 00:31:59 -0400, "Larry" > wrote:
>

>>Every purchase I've made asks for this.
>>
>>-Larry

> Does a restaurant ask for it when you buy dinner? How about when you
> buy something at the store? Nope. Only my CC company asks for that
> code when I contact them.

Of course, not. Because you give them the card, and the number is
on the back! It's just a check for phone and internet traders if
you actually have the card.

l8er
ronny