Audi A6 (V6) 1995 Headlight Problem.

Old August 19th 10, 02:03 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Andre[_2_]

Default Audi A6 (V6) 1995 Headlight Problem.

My A6 (95) Audi has had a really bad week. The bad week was topped
off by a headlight problem. The headlights worked one night and not
the next. Both headlights, short beam and long beam stopped working.
Fuses S1-S4 are OK, but I don't measure any voltage at the fuse.

Has anybody seen anything like it before?

Thanks,
Andre
Old August 19th 10, 04:00 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyJ[_3_]

Search Google for your model and" headlight relay". There is one or or
possibly two that is activated by the low amperage light switch on the
steering column. The fuse is between the relay and the light for safety
but the actual power switching is done with relays to handle the current
draw.

I am not sure where they are located on your car but I would look either
in the fuse relay box in front of the windshield (probably under a
plastic shield) or under the dash on the driver's side (if you drive a
left hand drive car). You might also find relays in the drivers side
kick panel.

TonyJ

Old August 19th 10, 06:00 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mark Opolo

"Andre" > wrote in message
> My A6 (95) Audi has had a really bad week. The bad week was topped
> off by a headlight problem. The headlights worked one night and not
> the next. Both headlights, short beam and long beam stopped working.
> Fuses S1-S4 are OK, but I don't measure any voltage at the fuse.
>
> Has anybody seen anything like it before?
>
> Thanks,
> Andre

see my answer to 'ignition woes'.........you have bought a dog I am afraid.

Old August 25th 10, 06:48 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Andre[_2_]

Hi,

My first inclination was to look for a relay. I did not find one by
going through all the panels with relays. I am going through the
wiring diagram not being certain if my wiring diagram matches the car
directly (too many variables). It looks like the power to the
headlights goes directly through the ignition switch and the headlight
switch. It's surprising to me.

Andre

Old August 30th 10, 07:24 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyJ[_3_]

The T44 series put the power through the light switch but I think that
was changed to a relay system in the 90s and later models because it
caused a lot of problems.