1969 max rear wheel/tire size

Old November 29th 04, 07:45 PM
RicSeyler

Default 1969 max rear wheel/tire size

My buddy that has the '69 427 4 speed ragtop is wanting to buy
a set of the original Crager S/S wheels. What is the biggest wheel/tire
combo he can fit on the rear?

With the original emergency brake cable mount?

And with relocating the emergency brake cable mount?

Will 10x15's fit back there?? He agrees with me that for his
"period aftermarket look" their absolutely shouldn't be the same size tires
front to back.

And please, what backspacing and bolt pattern (4.5 or 4.75??) LOL

If the tire stuck out just a tad that wouldn't be a problem.
Any tire size/brand combos you guys suggest I look into? Don't want the
Dub look LOLOLOL
I can look this up myself, but someone might have a combo they have
already used.

This is a beautiful original BB 4 speed ragtop. Every original part (exp
hoses, plugs, wires).

--
Ric Seyler

Old November 29th 04, 07:54 PM
Dad

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
> My buddy that has the '69 427 4 speed ragtop is wanting to buy
> a set of the original Crager S/S wheels. What is the biggest wheel/tire
> combo he can fit on the rear?
>
> With the original emergency brake cable mount?
>
> And with relocating the emergency brake cable mount?
>

> Will 10x15's fit back there?? He agrees with me that for his
> "period aftermarket look" their absolutely shouldn't be the same size
> tires
> front to back.
>
> And please, what backspacing and bolt pattern (4.5 or 4.75??) LOL
>
> If the tire stuck out just a tad that wouldn't be a problem.

Not sure that's right, if they stick out a little and you fill up the tank
and add two fat Americans it's a problem.

Old November 29th 04, 07:54 PM
Dad

Old November 29th 04, 11:32 PM
Diode

RicSeyler spoke thusly:

> Any tire size/brand combos you guys suggest I look into? Don't want the
> Dub look LOLOLOL

What's the "Dub look"??

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old November 29th 04, 11:32 PM
Diode

RicSeyler spoke thusly:

> Any tire size/brand combos you guys suggest I look into? Don't want the
> Dub look LOLOLOL

What's the "Dub look"??

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old November 30th 04, 12:04 AM
Dad

"Diode" > wrote in message
> RicSeyler spoke thusly:
>
>> Any tire size/brand combos you guys suggest I look into? Don't want the
>> Dub look LOLOLOL
>>

> What's the "Dub look"??
>
> --

"Dub" is the company that built dave's fast vette, that's swave dave as he
is known in some circle jerks. Model car builders favorite supplier/wheel
builder Dub City?

They also make full sized bling wheels.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old November 30th 04, 12:04 AM
Dad

Old November 30th 04, 05:29 PM
Dad

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
.. .

> If I get a solid answer I'll post it.
>
> --
> Ric Seyler

Don't forget references for creditability.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old November 30th 04, 05:29 PM
Dad

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
.. .

> If I get a solid answer I'll post it.
>
> --
> Ric Seyler

Don't forget references for creditability.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
72 Shark Black/Black/4spd

E46 Ci - Rear Tray & Folding Seats Noises Class 1 BMW 3 November 11th 04 10:21 AM
BMW E65 Rear monitor Paul Aspinall BMW 1 November 5th 04 12:52 AM
Rear amped speakers vitonxl Audi 1 October 17th 04 08:38 PM
Cost of repair Audi BMW Saab...(still crossposting) Matt O'Toole Audi 18 May 13th 04 09:41 PM