iRacing free one month "demos" for GPL & NR2003 fans

Old September 4th 09, 09:49 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Atom Elfman

Default iRacing free one month "demos" for GPL & NR2003 fans

Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> (Tony R) wrote:
>
>> At last you can get to try iRacing for free!

> Excellent. iRacing may be slow to make important changes, but they do eventually
> get around to making them. This really improves both the accessibility and cost
> effectiveness of the basic deal.
>
> VIR's a good choice of track for the Skip deal as well. I didn't know the track at
> all before I bought it, but it has some really satisfying variations.

I like North Course :-)
Old September 4th 09, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Peter[_1_]

In article >, dfg.myass@aol says...

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...1125479&ref=mf

> >> Rather than the basic content you get a choice of driving the Skip
> >> Barber around VIR (an excellent combination IMHO) or the Late Models
> >> around Martinsville Speedway - something that should appeal to GPL &
> >> NR2003 fans respectively.
> >>
> >> Like most trial subscriptions the first month is free and you will need
> >> to cancel your monthly subscription. This is clearly marked but for the
> >> avoidance of doubt I mention it here!
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Tony
> >>

> > Oh well, was quite looking forward to giving it a try, but the system
> > doesn't like my cc details, despite using this card many times before
> > online. Plenty of funds on card. Just checked online, but expiry is this
> > month. Maybe the system didn't like that. :-(
> >

> That's that then. Hard lines.

Well, that's racing. But I can work on the right lines to improve my
times.

--
Pete Ives
Old September 10th 09, 11:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

>> * Offer has been deactivated due to abuse.

> You'd think there'd be a way of suspending people

Was this "abuse" explained? Was the "abuse" related to
driver behavior, or where players signing up for repeated
free trials using different aliases (ignoring the
legitimate cases where multiple people share a computer).

What was different with these one month free tria accounts
from the other ones such as the Radical free one month trial
(is that one now also deactivated)?

> with daft names

The registration information is poorly worded such that it doesn't
specify that real names are required, and specificy prohibits
providing any personal information about a minor child.

"YOUR REAL NAME (or a variation of your name, such as your name
followed by a numeral) WILL BE DISPLAYED TO OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICE,
AND YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO SUCH DISPLAY. THIS INCLUDES DISPLAY OF YOUR
NAME WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS TAKEN AGAINST YOU AS FURTHER
DESCRIBED IN THE SPORTING CODE. The purpose of displaying members' real
names is to create accountability to discourage members from engaging
in disruptive activity. IF YOU ARE AUTHORIZING A MINOR CHILD TO USE THE
SERVICE, YOU MUST NOT PROVIDE TO IRACING.COM ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION
ABOUT SUCH CHILD."

Based on this, anyone subscribing for a minor child is going to
use a "daft" name.

Also the wording only mentions that your real name or variation will
be "displayed to others". Nothing in that clause states that a real
name is a requirement for registering for an account, so some
people are going to use "variations".

Many know that fictitious names can be used with Pay Pal accounts,
but it's also possible to add authorized users with fictitious names
to existing credit card accounts.

Old September 11th 09, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

> If they want to make any real money I think they should re-tool the
> game as a SP game and sell it on DVD.

There isn't enough content yet (cars, tracks, plus no AI) for it to
be a seperate game yet. It was brought up at RSC:

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=337467

Old September 11th 09, 10:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
schooner

"Ni!!! ßó¶=+?á" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:50:22 -0700, "jeffareid"
> > wrote:
>

>>There isn't enough content yet (cars, tracks, plus no AI) for it to
>>be a seperate game yet. It was brought up at RSC:
>>
>>http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=337467
>>

> OK, thx for the link. Hope thye do eventually port it to a SP version.

Highly unlikely, it is meant to be an online based racing service.