What do YOU drive??

Old April 21st 05, 05:06 AM
user

88 Diahatsu charade 257,000+ original miles, still running strong

Steve Moore

Old April 21st 05, 04:51 PM
Jason Steiner

Alan Le > wrote:
> > > '04 Z4 2.5i

> > '04 S2000

> I was looking at the S2000 when I bought the Z4, but everything
> pointed to it not being good as a daily driver with no
> alternatives.

Mine's a daily driver. It's got leather, AC (very very important in
Arizona), a short, snicky six speed, and a great engine note. What
more do you need?

Of course the trunk isn't big enough for hauling furniture or
Costco runs, but that's what the pickup is for.

jason

--
"Listen, my boy, I can't abide children. I know it's the style nowadays to
make a terrible fuss over you - but I don't go for it. As far as I'm concerned,
Old April 21st 05, 06:44 PM

79 Corvette
99 Mustang GT
old pickup when the dog let's me

==--==

Old April 21st 05, 06:46 PM

>> 78 Ferrari 308 GTS <<

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Jealous me

==--==

Old April 21st 05, 11:58 PM
Aldwyn Edain

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:14:24 -0400, G. Patricks
> wrote:

>Have you driven one? I tried one out last week and for $50K they can
>KEEP it! Needs another 50 BHP and to be kept on an Auto-X course or
>set up for/kept on the track. Why did they bother with doors? It would
>be easier climbing in the window of any of my cars than getting into
>an Elise!
>
>It reminded me of a Porsche powered Meyers Manx dune buggy a friend
>had back in the 70s, bone-jarring ride and all.
>
>8-)

Well, I'll pick up a Ferrari 550 Maranello to go along with it then.
Old April 22nd 05, 06:35 AM
Alan Le

> Mine's a daily driver. It's got leather, AC (very very important in
> Arizona), a short, snicky six speed, and a great engine note. What
> more do you need?

I drove an Integra GS-R for several years (a lot of road noise) and was
ready for something that could double as a psuedo "luxury" vehicle. For
instance, if the top's up (lined in the Z4), I want it quiet. Also, the
interior's more cabin than cockpit. And having lived with the GS-R's 8k
redline, I was ready for the growl of an inline six rather than the scream
of an inline four when I do flog it. Maybe I'm aging prematurely (at 26?),
but I don't want to feel like I'm in a track car ---all the time---. Just
staring into an S2000 I can feel that vs. the Z4 being more of a --touring--
'vert though still a great performer.

Don't get me wrong.... I love the purposeful interior and scalpel-like
approach of the S2000, and I imagine it's far more engaging when running
hard. I just wanted something more "stately" and less "racy." And hey, the
Z4 may not be razor sharp or the 2.5i super fast in a straight line (nice
grunt though), but it's still a hoot in the twisties and can hold its own
there. As my only car, it has the compromises I was looking for. I just
wish I could've afforded the 3.0i. Besides, it's not like I bought an SLK!

Alan

Old April 22nd 05, 06:06 PM
Plowboy

Mine are...

99 Chevy (s-10 blazer 4wd) now parked most of the time...

79 Dodge Arrow 'sport' pickup (mitsubishi mightymax rebadged by pre-Dahmler
chrysler?) a 'beater' that I drive 60 miles each day to work... >189k
miles, a little smoke when you ligh er up, but still gets 22 mpg...

66 mustang convertable. restored... I 'stole' it when I was in highschool,
& fixed it up. still worth more than I paid/invested into it.

I drive my dad's a lot on weekends, the 02 Dodge 2500 (cummings diesel) quad
cab 4wd... noisy sob, nickname is the 'trash truck' Ala my brother...
"because when you hear it coming down your street, you jump up thinking the
trash truck is coming, and you think you forgot to get the trash out..." It
is the camper/motorcyle hauler. love that thing though..

Plowboy

Larry enlightened us with:

Old April 22nd 05, 08:41 PM
Joe62

I am part owner of 97 cars as part of a cooperative in Vanvouver
Canada. Nothing too exotic, but we just got a Mini Cooper and a New
Beetle which are kind of fun. The real fun I have in driving is in
having instant, convenient access to so many different vehicles.

I can't imagine owning my own individual car again, what a pain in the
arse.
Old April 22nd 05, 09:42 PM
Arto Wikla

Volkswagen Golf 1.6. :-)

Arto

Old April 23rd 05, 02:11 PM
Robert Roschen

1998 Dodge Ram 4x4 with Cummins Diesel / 5speed
1988 Jeep Wrangler 258 CI inline 6 with Mopar FI upgrade (and Western Plow)
2003 Superformance Cobra replica with a Keith Craft built 496 CI Genesis FE
Aluminum Sideoiler. 700 HP/669 Ft-Lb on pump gas. Saying that this car
"gets it" is a severe understatement.

Robert