GTP Lives!!!

Old February 6th 05, 02:55 PM
JP

Lol, no kidding.

Old February 6th 05, 05:29 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 08:34:56 -0500, ert wrote:
> yes i should have read it closer.
>
> sorry to offend you with another top-post full-quote post Uwe. if you are
> still on-duty as a usenet policeman, please be easy on me.

Ok, will do. The medication has helped a bit, not always, but getting
there. 8-P

cheers, uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old February 7th 05, 11:05 AM
Asgeir Nesoen

LOLOLOL!

So, they take GTP off the web for important copyright issues, remove the
names and logos involved, and on the same date they rerelease it,
another, "independant" team publishes the complete car set with logos,
names, everything, so that everything is back in place within the day of
the release. That is just beautiful, just beautiful.

I would say that it is a big, and thundering "screw you". I don't know
to who, though, hehe.

Hopefully, this sets presedence, so that we can avoid stupid cases like
this again. Ultimatly, I am prepared for a copyright war, where
companies lay down millions in the process of denying someone to put
"Porsche" or "Jaguar" on a car in a friggin' game... Although, for the
time being, I *think* we are protected by the "not for commercial use"
clause.

---A---

Old February 7th 05, 04:06 PM

I'm guessing that you tried to install the GTP mod in the same
directory as your N2003 installation. Otherwise, I don't see how the
GTP mod could have "dsiabled" N2003. I had no problems with the
install, once I figured out that you had to point the mod to the
correct directories (existing N2003 and new GTP directory).

-Pat

Old February 8th 05, 01:16 AM
bluestringer

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm guessing that you tried to install the GTP mod in the same
> directory as your N2003 installation. Otherwise, I don't see how the
> GTP mod could have "dsiabled" N2003. I had no problems with the
> install, once I figured out that you had to point the mod to the
> correct directories (existing N2003 and new GTP directory).
>
> -Pat

Yea. I tried that, but it still did not work. I never got it installed.
Tried serveral times. It kept telling me it could not find N2003. Then when
I tried to run N2003, it would kick me back to the desktop. The problem is
it tries to install under C: programs/papyus, which is not where papy
defaults. Papy games always install under C: papyrus. Even when I manually
tried to point it to C: papyrus/GTP it would not install. It also placed a
GTP folder in C:, but would not install there either. I'm not the only one
who had this problem. It's a crap install and needs to be fixed.

bluestringer

Old February 8th 05, 07:34 AM
Dave Henrie

"bluestringer" > wrote in
:

> As can be seen here, there was a major bug in the install.
>

> http://www.redlinedevelopments.com/gtp/
>

> bluestringer

I am leaning towards disagreeing with this 'BUG' in the installer.
Granted they designed it very poorly. I too lost my sims because I didn't
understand where they wanted their files to go. And for some reason, the
installer DELETES the two video codecs rather than move them to a safe
folder. So it deletes the rend_ogl.dll and and rend_dxg.dll. So if you
can get ahold of those two files, you will get your broken Nr2k3 back.
Once I understood the wants of the installer, I got the gtp mod
installed easily. Runs great, feels great.
I "think" the unfortunate installer problem was used as a cover once the
lawyers stepped in. It will be interesting to see, not so much what extras
they add to the new version, but rather what they took out of v1.0 to
survive legal scrutineering.

btw...has anyone who has gotten gtp to run watched the ai cars BOUNCE at
Le Mans? lol!!

dave henrie
Old February 8th 05, 01:54 PM
Tiny Lund

"I "think" the unfortunate installer problem was used as a cover once the
lawyers stepped in. It will be interesting to see, not so much what extras
they add to the new version, but rather what they took out of v1.0 to
survive legal scrutineering.

btw...has anyone who has gotten gtp to run watched the ai cars BOUNCE at
Le Mans? lol!!

dave henrie"

I am inclined to agree with you Dave. My install problem was simply that the
default second part of install where it identified the game as c:\Nascar
Racing 2003 neglected to add \Papyrus\Nascar Racing 2003. After I got that,
there was no problem installing & running.

. 97.136...

Old February 8th 05, 07:18 PM
B Wegner

Check out the AI at Sebring - they all DNF before lap 20! Hilarious.

Wag

Old February 9th 05, 10:46 PM
Steve Smith

Remember the AI cars bouncing in GPL, Dave? Didn't happen when the .lp (AI)
files were removed?

The AI cars bounce at *some* (but not all) 3rd-party tracks (i.e., not the
Team Redline tracks).