ON TOPIC : When do you put your Corvette away for the winter ?

Old September 23rd 07, 06:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

Default ON TOPIC : When do you put your Corvette away for the winter ?

Mine goes into hybernation up here in northern illinois on Nov.
1st...just before the first snow flies. I keep it in a heated garage at
35 f. with the cover on. , and, do an oil change and lube just before
retiring it. I also put the insurance on comprehensive only till March
1st.

What do u do ?

Old September 23rd 07, 10:26 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tww1491

"Dave in Lake Villa" > wrote in message
> Mine goes into hybernation up here in northern illinois on Nov.
> 1st...just before the first snow flies. I keep it in a heated garage at
> 35 f. with the cover on. , and, do an oil change and lube just before
> retiring it. I also put the insurance on comprehensive only till March
> 1st.
>
> What do u do ?

In the old days when I had my 71 454, I drove it year round. It was a
little dicey in snow, but we did not have much in Texas... just an ice storm
every now and then. When I moved to Washington D.C. I rode the bus in bad
weather -- but ran the car year round again.

Old September 24th 07, 12:43 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Dave in Lake Villa wrote:
> Mine goes into hybernation up here in northern illinois on Nov.
> 1st...just before the first snow flies. I keep it in a heated garage at
> 35 f. with the cover on. , and, do an oil change and lube just before
> retiring it. I also put the insurance on comprehensive only till March
> 1st.
>
> What do u do ?

It gets garaged on the evening of the last
day of autumn.

I get it out of the garage the following
morning (first day of winter).

If it's below 55 deg. I drive to work without
the roof panel.

When I get to work, I call a buddy in our
Rochester office and gripe about the cold
weather.

--
pj
Old September 24th 07, 04:43 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

"Dave in Lake Villa" > wrote in message

> What do u do ?

Go to Florida. :-)

Old September 24th 07, 12:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

I envy those guys in Arizona who can drive their vettes year round .
But im sure the summer sun fades the paint pretty quick.

Old September 24th 07, 01:43 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.[_2_]

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:43:58 -0400, "Tom in Missouri"
> wrote:

>"Dave in Lake Villa" > wrote in message
>>
>> What do u do ?
>>

>Go to Florida. :-)

=====================
Well I retired ..or semi retired in 1998..and until last winter never
though about spending much time in Florida...maybe this winter
Those thought may again return...who knows...

HOWEVER I put my cars away for the winter on Thanksgiving
day...(Turkey Day around this house and I am not a big fan of
Turkey..prefer a good hamburger with a slice of onion over turkey any
day... ) and I Open the garage doors on April Fools day every April
.....Wife tells me I'm a Turkey & a Fool so those dates work for me..

IF I had a way to get the cars out in the winter I most likely would
but since I have to drive across the back lawn, then thru a gate and
over my front lawn just to get to the road once stored the cars stay
stored..

Bob G.

Old September 24th 07, 04:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
charlie

"Dave in Lake Villa" > wrote in message
>I envy those guys in Arizona who can drive their vettes year round .
> But im sure the summer sun fades the paint pretty quick.

winter just means i can put the glass top back on, but it's only used when
it's parked not at home. we never stop using them, and the paint doesn't
fade either. i have a 94 and 96, and they look pretty new.

regards,
charlie
cave creek, az

Old September 24th 07, 04:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

I'm in Indianapolis and I drive a 1996 and a 2003, 2 days and 3 days a
week respectively, to work year round. The '96 does a little better
in snow. On the two or three days each season when the street in
front of the house isn't plowed in time and the snow is deep enough to
high-center the vettes, I either take a day off or borrow my wife's
Jeep. She prefers the former but I don't know if that's because she
likes my company or if she's just worried about her Grand Cherokee.

Old September 25th 07, 02:49 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Chuck Tribolet

There are no seasons in California. ;-).

Old September 25th 07, 03:16 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Chuck Tribolet" > wrote in message
> There are no seasons in California. ;-).

Thought there was, fire, rain, mud slides and hot........... ;-))

Off topic but... BradandBrooks Ford Mustang 0 November 27th 06 07:48 AM
Off topic. Nasty Honda 9 August 5th 06 05:49 PM
Off Topic Billy Ray Jeep 2 July 30th 05 12:03 AM
OFF TOPIC videos to share OFF TOPIC Nathan W. Collier Jeep 4 May 22nd 05 01:08 AM
CRV ? 1/2 on topic 1/2 off topic JC Honda 1 February 9th 05 01:40 AM