petrol prices

Old May 30th 04, 10:44 PM
Tom

Default petrol prices

Just received this in my inbox - sounds plausable but i'm not holding my
breath. Interesting concept though!.
Tom

Subject: FW: Petrol Prices

We are going to hit close to 89p a litre by the summer. Want petrol prices
to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.
Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day"
campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just
laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by
refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a
problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really
work. Please read it and join in!
Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think
that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at 77p -80p, we need to take aggressive
action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers. With
the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take
action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if
we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do
that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.
Here's the idea:
For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest
oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any
petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their
prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. However, to have an
impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.
It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this
point...keep reading as you know how simple it is to reach millions of
people!!
I am sending this note to at least 20 people (paid my subscription to
rentafriend this month!). If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x
10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)
and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people,
we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million
get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people
will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed
it...THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this
to 10 people. That's all. (and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that
take?
If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within One day of
receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted
within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much
potential, did you! Acting together, we can make a
difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE
HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE
RANGE
Action:
It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol
at Shell, Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrison's, Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP
and Esso, ASDA and Morrison's are supplied by Texaco!

---

Old May 31st 04, 02:31 PM
Pete

On Sun, 30 May 2004 22:44:40 +0100, "Tom" >, wrote:

>Just received this in my inbox - sounds plausable but i'm not holding my
>breath. Interesting concept though!.
>Tom

It is posted across half of Usenet <LOL>
It is not the price of petrol, it is the amount of Tax.
Can you boycott the HM Treasury ?

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old May 31st 04, 07:35 PM
Tom

casula snipping>>>
> Can you boycott the HM Treasury ?

Isn't that what a tax return is for? LOL

---

Old June 1st 04, 05:09 PM
Simon Mason

"Tom" > wrote in message
> For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest
> oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling

any
> petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce

their
> prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

Esso and BP are two separate companies.

Yes, buy your fuel from Sainsburys or Tesco instead, everyone knows that
they have their own oil wells and refineries and are not supplied with fuels
by the big oil majors anyway. Sheesh.
--
Simon M.

Old June 1st 04, 05:19 PM
Tom Boltwood

> From: "Simon Mason" >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:09:16 +0100
> Subject: petrol prices
>

> "Tom" > wrote in message
>> For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest
>> oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling

> any
>> petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce

> their
>> prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

> Esso and BP are two separate companies.
>
> Yes, buy your fuel from Sainsburys or Tesco instead, everyone knows that
> they have their own oil wells and refineries and are not supplied with fuels
> by the big oil majors anyway. Sheesh.
> --
> Simon M.

I don't use Esso or BP fuel anyway. Esso petrol seems to be crap and I don't
know where my nearest BP garage is. Not using them hasn't done me much
financial good so far.

Old June 2nd 04, 09:45 PM
Catman

Tom wrote:

> Just received this in my inbox - sounds plausable

Not at all. Profit to the oil companies on a litre of petrol is 2/3rd of
sod all *and* it is illegal for the big companies to reduce their proft
margin by much (to prevent them from undercutting the small boys until they
go out of business)

Other than that, great idea

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk