High Gas Prices: Will it affect your Corvette driving ???

Old August 23rd 05, 04:49 PM
Scubabix

"Joel Jacobs" > wrote in message

> "Dad" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Joel Jacobs" > wrote in message
>>> My Corvette is my daily driver. I get 23-25 mpg on the road. 17-19 in
>>> town. I'll continue to use it as my daily driver. I drive mine around
>>> 30,000 miles a year.
>>>

>> Hell no, I think the last trip to England it was right a $5.00 US. So why
>> should we think it is high at $3? Like allot of thing in the USA, we're
>> spoiled.

> I'm in complete agreement with you, dad. Gasoline in Norway is $6.73 a
> gallon......

So, the rest of the world pays too much, so we should too? I don't think
so.

Rob

Old August 23rd 05, 05:20 PM
Joel Jacobs

"Scubabix" > wrote in message
> "Joel Jacobs" > wrote in message

>>> Hell no, I think the last trip to England it was right a $5.00 US. So
>>> why should we think it is high at $3? Like allot of thing in the USA,
>>> we're spoiled.

>> I'm in complete agreement with you, dad. Gasoline in Norway is $6.73 a
>> gallon......
>>

> So, the rest of the world pays too much, so we should too? I don't think
> so.

The point is that gasoline in the United States has been artificially
underpriced for quite some time. We're now beginning to understand how the
rest of the world lives. A friend of mine living in Lucca, Italy, was
entertaining Danish diplomats two nights ago. Said the Danes had been
briefed by their State Department that the United States was in such a state
of decline that we'd cease to be a world power within 15 years. I think the
15 year factor optimistic.

Old August 23rd 05, 05:34 PM
PJ

Dave in Lake Villa wrote:
> Just heard on the tv that the national average is $2.62 per gallon . If
> the prices go alot higher...say...over $3.25 , will it cause you to cut
> down driving your vette ? Since i use mine for weekends and car shows
> (never exceeding 2500 miles per year), it will not affect my usage
> whatsoever. Will it you ???

OK, the ugly American speaks out.

I use computed gas mileage as an indicator of how much fun I'm having in
the 'vette.

When it gets above 22 (average city freeway & highway) I know I'm
doggin' it. Down around 21.5 means there's a nice balance in my life.

My company issued car is a G35X. While well air conditioned and quieter
than the 'vette, it only gets 19 city and 21.5 highway (91 octane a
must). Always had thought that Japanese engineeers were economy minded.
The Infiniti changed my mind.

PJ
Old August 24th 05, 01:19 AM
Dad

"Scubabix" > wrote in message
> "Joel Jacobs" > wrote in message

>>> Hell no, I think the last trip to England it was right a $5.00 US. So
>>> why should we think it is high at $3? Like allot of thing in the USA,
>>> we're spoiled.

>> I'm in complete agreement with you, dad. Gasoline in Norway is $6.73 a
>> gallon......
>>

> So, the rest of the world pays too much, so we should too? I don't think
> so.
>
> Rob

Think what you want, pay what they ask. It won't get better, we are going to
start paying the adjusted world market amount for gasoline, not the
manipulated amount. Now if you have a legitimate way to correct it to the
way you're thinking, what are you waiting on?

--

Life is a sexually transmitted condition that is always fatal.

Old August 24th 05, 02:34 AM
Erik Veit

Z’RiX wrote:
[...]
> Gas here in Cali for 93 octane is over $3 a gallon

The choices in California are 87, 89, and 91. No 93. There are few 76
stations that sell 100.

--
Erik Veit ------- Dublin, CA ------- http://homepage.mac.com/zombie67/
Old August 24th 05, 03:24 AM
Z’RiX

Sorry it was a typo

Eww Mac

--

Z’RiX (<>..<>)

"Erik Veit" > wrote in message
[...]

Old September 3rd 05, 01:03 PM
The Tone

Heck I get better Gas Mileage in my C6 then I do on my 96 Chevy
Pickup, although I only drive my Baby on the weekends I still put at
least about 200 miles a week on it, but I will continue to drive it
until hell freezes over or until the wheels fall off and then I'll
just buy another one........

Old September 3rd 05, 10:35 PM
Chopr

I sure didn't buy it for the gas mileage ,but damn it eats gas! It's
a third car anyway but high prices would never stop me from driving it.
That would be just plain dumb.