Did Things Just Get Better or Worse?

Old December 23rd 05, 08:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc

Default Did Things Just Get Better or Worse?

Messalina, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on 23 Dec 2005 09:15:58 -0800:
> You have no one to blame but yourself. Personally, I exceed the speed
> limit by five miles for every post I see from you.

You get a car that can exceed the speed of light? Where can I get one?

Just kidding... I couldn't resist...

Old December 23rd 05, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán, > was motivated to say
this in rec.autos.driving on Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:00:27 -0800:
> Curt the Cyberguy (KTLA and WGN's technology reporter) just did a
> report on a new service that downloads live feeds from CalTrans
> cameras and automatically displays them to you on your cell phone
> while you're driving. So now drivers will have yet another reason to
> take their attention away from their driving. I guess we'll all be
> able to see live camera images of all the traffic congestion caused by
> morons who are driving slowly because they are busy watching live
> camera images in their cars...

Off hand, I'd say worse, much worse. Think about it: a bunch of "Laura
Bush murdered her boyfriend," type cluster****s rolling down the road
watching themselves on those 2.5 inch screens and squinting to make
themselves out in the image....

Old December 23rd 05, 11:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On 22 Dec 2005 22:21:50 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:

>I just got a letter from a college that said in large bold type, "You
>To Can Have A Degree!" A ****ing college.
>
>Dave

Shaun Hannity has a book in which the first or second paragraph (going
from an old memory here folks) talks about teachers, and how they were
enraged by his comments and those of whom he interviewed. The
opinions were regarding the quality of teachers in the New York area I
believe. The teachers wrote lots of letters, and a very large number
of them not only had massive English and grammatical errors in them,
but also defended their failure as being acceptable.
Old December 24th 05, 05:40 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
> Scott en Aztlán, > was motivated to say
> this in rec.autos.driving on Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:00:27 -0800:
> > Curt the Cyberguy (KTLA and WGN's technology reporter) just did a
> > report on a new service that downloads live feeds from CalTrans
> > cameras and automatically displays them to you on your cell phone
> > while you're driving. So now drivers will have yet another reason to
> > take their attention away from their driving. I guess we'll all be
> > able to see live camera images of all the traffic congestion caused by
> > morons who are driving slowly because they are busy watching live
> > camera images in their cars...

> Off hand, I'd say worse, much worse. Think about it: a bunch of "Laura
> Bush murdered her boyfriend," type cluster****s rolling down the road
> watching themselves on those 2.5 inch screens and squinting to make
> themselves out in the image....

You're crazy. I'd never drive while watching a cell phone. I think
even radios should be banned from cars.