Did Things Just Get Better or Worse?

Old December 21st 05, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Did Things Just Get Better or Worse?

Curt the Cyberguy (KTLA and WGN's technology reporter) just did a
report on a new service that downloads live feeds from CalTrans
cameras and automatically displays them to you on your cell phone
while you're driving. So now drivers will have yet another reason to
take their attention away from their driving. I guess we'll all be
able to see live camera images of all the traffic congestion caused by
morons who are driving slowly because they are busy watching live
camera images in their cars...

It's not on the KTLA web site yet; look for the full report there
later in the day.

Old December 22nd 05, 03:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:00:27 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>Curt the Cyberguy (KTLA and WGN's technology reporter) just did a
>report on a new service that downloads live feeds from CalTrans
>cameras and automatically displays them to you on your cell phone
>while you're driving. So now drivers will have yet another reason to
>take their attention away from their driving. I guess we'll all be
>able to see live camera images of all the traffic congestion caused by
>morons who are driving slowly because they are busy watching live
>camera images in their cars...
>
>It's not on the KTLA web site yet; look for the full report there
>later in the day.

http://www.vizzion.com/

WTF?!?! They ran the CyberGuy segment in LA, but the service isn't
available here!

Old December 22nd 05, 05:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> >It's not on the KTLA web site yet; look for the full report there
> >later in the day.

> ht**tp://www.viz**zion.com/
>
> WTF?!?! They ran the CyberGuy segment in LA, but the service isn't
> available here!

-----
Could be a "market interest" test. Count how many people from certain
areas are lamebrained enough to show an interest by visiting the site
then increase/decrease advertising/service availability according to
the results, or interpretation thereof.

My opinion of the question: worse.
-----

- gpsman

Old December 22nd 05, 04:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:00:27 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> > wrote:
>
> >Curt the Cyberguy (KTLA and WGN's technology reporter) just did a
> >report on a new service that downloads live feeds from CalTrans
> >cameras and automatically displays them to you on your cell phone
> >while you're driving. So now drivers will have yet another reason to
> >take their attention away from their driving. I guess we'll all be
> >able to see live camera images of all the traffic congestion caused by
> >morons who are driving slowly because they are busy watching live
> >camera images in their cars...
> >
> >It's not on the KTLA web site yet; look for the full report there
> >later in the day.

> http://www.vizzion.com/
>
> WTF?!?! They ran the CyberGuy segment in LA, but the service isn't
> available here!

Is the CyberGuy segment maybe repackaged for or from other markets?

That or it's just a way to advertise before they roll out the product.

Dave

Old December 23rd 05, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On 22 Dec 2005 08:54:47 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:

>> http://www.vizzion.com/
>>
>> WTF?!?! They ran the CyberGuy segment in LA, but the service isn't
>> available here!

>Is the CyberGuy segment maybe repackaged for or from other markets?

Possibly - but why run it in a market not served by the subject of the
piece?

>That or it's just a way to advertise before they roll out the product.

Then the web site should say "coming soon to Los Angeles!"

Old December 23rd 05, 06:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On 22 Dec 2005 08:54:47 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:
>
> >> http://www.vizzion.com/
> >>
> >> WTF?!?! They ran the CyberGuy segment in LA, but the service isn't
> >> available here!

> >Is the CyberGuy segment maybe repackaged for or from other markets?

> Possibly - but why run it in a market not served by the subject of the
> piece?

Because they usually only package one piece per day, and KTLA's options
may have been to air it or make their own content, which costs more.

It's a common side-effect of the nationalizing of the local news, that
and movie reviews that sound more like promos from the movie companies
than real reviews.

> >That or it's just a way to advertise before they roll out the product.

> Then the web site should say "coming soon to Los Angeles!"

Should, yes, but many companies don't think of things like that.

I just got a letter from a college that said in large bold type, "You
To Can Have A Degree!" A ****ing college.

Dave

Old December 23rd 05, 07:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Curt the Cyberguy (KTLA and WGN's technology reporter) just did a
> report on a new service that downloads live feeds from CalTrans
> cameras and automatically displays them to you on your cell phone
> while you're driving. So now drivers will have yet another reason to
> take their attention away from their driving. I guess we'll all be
> able to see live camera images of all the traffic congestion caused by
> morons who are driving slowly because they are busy watching live
> camera images in their cars...

Yup - more insanity. 7 million car crashes every year in america and
the media is trying to cause even more. We need to ban cell phones
(and radios for that matter) from cars but big business will never
allow that now.

Old December 23rd 05, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On 22 Dec 2005 22:21:50 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:

>I just got a letter from a college that said in large bold type, "You
>To Can Have A Degree!" A ****ing college.

LOL!

Obviously they aren't offering degrees in English...

Old December 23rd 05, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > Curt the Cyberguy (KTLA and WGN's technology reporter) just did a
> > report on a new service that downloads live feeds from CalTrans
> > cameras and automatically displays them to you on your cell phone
> > while you're driving. So now drivers will have yet another reason to
> > take their attention away from their driving. I guess we'll all be
> > able to see live camera images of all the traffic congestion caused by
> > morons who are driving slowly because they are busy watching live
> > camera images in their cars...

> Yup - more insanity. 7 million car crashes every year in america and
> the media is trying to cause even more. We need to ban cell phones
> (and radios for that matter) from cars but big business will never
> allow that now.

You have no one to blame but yourself. Personally, I exceed the speed
limit by five miles for every post I see from you.

Mez

Old December 23rd 05, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc

Messalina wrote:
> Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> > Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > > Curt the Cyberguy (KTLA and WGN's technology reporter) just did a
> > > report on a new service that downloads live feeds from CalTrans
> > > cameras and automatically displays them to you on your cell phone
> > > while you're driving. So now drivers will have yet another reason to
> > > take their attention away from their driving. I guess we'll all be
> > > able to see live camera images of all the traffic congestion caused by
> > > morons who are driving slowly because they are busy watching live
> > > camera images in their cars...

> > Yup - more insanity. 7 million car crashes every year in america and
> > the media is trying to cause even more. We need to ban cell phones
> > (and radios for that matter) from cars but big business will never
> > allow that now.

> You have no one to blame but yourself. Personally, I exceed the speed
> limit by five miles for every post I see from you.

Really! Want to know how to drive safely? Take LBMHBF's advice, and do
the exact opposite.