KLASP - Keep Left And Stop Pedalphiles

Old December 20th 05, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Default KLASP - Keep Left And Stop Pedalphiles

Wunnuy, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on 19 Dec 2005 14:50:57 -0800:

> I guess you've never made the drive between LA and SF on the 5. More
> idiots on that highway on a holiday weekend than any other place. The
> guys doing 55 in the fast lane cause so many accidents it's pathetic.

Sounds like what you need on that road is a strictly enforced MINIMUM
speed limit.
Old December 20th 05, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Pooh Bear, > was motivated to say
this in rec.autos.driving on Mon, 19 Dec 2005 23:10:22 +0000:
> I gather it may be illegal in the USA too.

Depends on the state. But if its posted "keep right except to pass," or
similar, then yes, the idiot OP's actions would be illegal.
Old December 20th 05, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

necromancer wrote:
>> > I guess you've never made the drive between LA and SF on the 5. More

> > idiots on that highway on a holiday weekend than any other place. The
> > guys doing 55 in the fast lane cause so many accidents it's pathetic.

> Sounds like what you need on that road is a strictly enforced MINIMUM
> speed limit.

I have made that drive between LA and SF maybe 200 times over my life.
Generally it's okay, for the most part, you get people who know what
they're doing. You still get the clueless nimrods all the time who
decide they're going to do 55 in the fast lane and no matter what,
everyone else will have to go around them (which is illegal).

I haven't made a holiday drive for many years until this past
Thanksgiving when I had no choice and had to make that drive at the
last minute and man-oh-man, I've never seen so many accidents on that
freeway. It's all the idiots who make that drive once a year who have
no idea of the rules of the road. I saw a couple accidents happen right
in front of me, one literally a few yards that I just missed: a guy
going fast, moving out of the fast lane because some old **** was doing
60 miles an hour, and he rammed into another guy going slow in teh slow
lane. Of course the old people just kept going, it was pathetic how
clueless they were.

Old December 20th 05, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Wunnuy, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on 19 Dec 2005 16:23:53 -0800:

> I have made that drive between LA and SF maybe 200 times over my life.
> Generally it's okay, for the most part, you get people who know what
> they're doing. You still get the clueless nimrods all the time who
> decide they're going to do 55 in the fast lane and no matter what,
> everyone else will have to go around them (which is illegal).

I know what you mean. Over here on the east coast we get the same thing
on 95. The real fun starts when you get a flock of snowbirds (northern
retirees headed to/from FL for the winter - especially ones driving
RV's) who decide to camp out in the center lane at about 60 to 65MPH
(posted limit on most of 95 in GA and northern FL where I generally roam
is 70MPH and most traffic is usually doing 80+). Imagine a swift flowing
stream with a rock in the middle. The cars flowing around the rolling
snowbird roadblock looks alot similar to the water flowing around that
rock. It sometimes amazes me that there aren't more accidents on that
road.

A friend of mine works in a hotel along that road, and he's told me a
few stories of these seniors who roll out of their vehicle to get a room
for the night. Some of them are so shakey and physically unstable that
they can barely fill out the hotel registration. And these people are
*driving* 3000lb vehicles over long distances?

> I haven't made a holiday drive for many years until this past
> Thanksgiving when I had no choice and had to make that drive at the
> last minute and man-oh-man, I've never seen so many accidents on that
> freeway. It's all the idiots who make that drive once a year who have
> no idea of the rules of the road. I saw a couple accidents happen right
> in front of me, one literally a few yards that I just missed: a guy
> going fast, moving out of the fast lane because some old **** was doing
> 60 miles an hour, and he rammed into another guy going slow in teh slow
> lane. Of course the old people just kept going, it was pathetic how
> clueless they were.

I sometimes have to pass by one of the interchanges on I-95 (on the
surface street) and what some of these tourists do is literally amazing.
There is this one intersection just east of the interstate where the
left turn lane is seperated from the through lanes by a group of white
dome reflectors. There is plenty of signage and pavement markings to
tell people which lane is for left turns and which are for through
traffic. Care to guess where a lot of tourists make their left turns
from? (hint: it ain't the designated left turn lane)
Old December 20th 05, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Yes, we don't have the snow problem you guys have out there (holy
smokes I hate driving or even walking in snow), but I-5 is famous for
its fog and one time I JUST missed a massive accident caused by idiots
driving fast in the fog. I did, however, get caught a few years back in
traffic when the grapevine (the hill dividing the long stretch of
highway and Los Angeles county) was closed because of snow (it's higher
up) so they rerouted everyone to some way off the way side roads, which
of course, was snowy. I didn't have chains and was driving very slow on
these snowy roads and the guy behind me was tailgating, I slid off the
road and the guy just followed me since he was driving so close and
rammed into me. Thank God we don't have snow in Los Angeles, with the
drivers we have out here, it would be the worst nightmare ever.

Old December 20th 05, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Wunnuy, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on 19 Dec 2005 16:55:25 -0800:
> Yes, we don't have the snow problem you guys have out there (holy
> smokes I hate driving or even walking in snow), but I-5 is famous for
> its fog and one time I JUST missed a massive accident caused by idiots
> driving fast in the fog. I did, however, get caught a few years back in
> traffic when the grapevine (the hill dividing the long stretch of

Actually, where I am (about 35 miles north of the GA/FL line), it very
rarely snows (for which I will be grateful as long as I live here).
"Snowbird," is just a slang term used for people from the rust belt
(generally states like NY, PA, OH and so on that are famous for brutal
winters) who are going to/from FL.

If some freaky weather pattern does cause any significant snow
accumulation around here, 95 is one of the first roads closed.

The real bad part is when it is raining rather hard. Few people drive
for the conditions (too big of a hurry to get to rat world and other
cheesy tourist points south or to get back home if going north). A
couple of years ago, I was driving north from J-ville on 95 and was
crossing the Satilla River during a downpour. Fortunately for the center
lane hog infront of me, I was allowing greater following distance than I
would normally, for her little POS hit a joint in the bridge just wrong
and went spinning to the right shoulder. My greater following distance
and ABS brakes prevented a disaster that afternoon - I missed her by
about 1 ft while steering to the left to avoid her spinout).
Old December 20th 05, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

I hereby nominate Aunt Judy for the "Most Creative Troll of the Year"
award.

Old December 20th 05, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

On 19 Dec 2005 14:50:57 -0800, "Wunnuy" > wrote:

>You do know that's illegal, don't you? If you're in the fast lane, no
>matter what speed you're going, and someone comes up behind you and
>wants you to get out of the way, you actually have to yeild the right
>of way and get out of the lane (at least in California).

While you are essentially correct, I wish to point out that there is
no such thing as a "fast lane." The correct term is PASSING lane.

Calling it the "fast lane" gives these IGFE MFFYs the idea that they
can smugly go 70 in the left lane of a posted 65 MPH SL freeway with
an 85th percentile speed of 75 MPH.

Old December 20th 05, 03:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Don't let the speeding pedalphiles on our highways kill or maim anyone
> in your family. Get in that left lane, take it up to exactly the speed
> limit and stay there. Force the killer speeders to obey the law and
> protect your children at the same time.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE follow this sage advice! I always get a massive
chuckle when I read in the paper about another multi-car pile-up in
which people kill themselves due to this type of stupidity. Helps to
hit that 3,000 per month quota of retards using their automobiles to
kill themselves.

Old December 20th 05, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> Don't let the speeding pedalphiles on our highways kill or maim anyone
> in your family. Get in that left lane, take it up to exactly the speed
> limit and stay there. Force the killer speeders to obey the law and
> protect your children at the same time.

Let me guess; you did not get your bum pounded today and you gettin
restlesssssssssssssssss.