* * Please help! Mercedes Benz '02 S55 front door not working.. * *

Old September 22nd 05, 03:21 PM

Default * * Please help! Mercedes Benz '02 S55 front door not working.. * *

Hello.
I've had my 2002 Mercedes S55 a little over a week now and have just
had my first problem. The front passenger door does not seem to
working.. that is, the power assist close, the folding side view mirror
and seat adjustments, etc are not working. Would anyone have ANY ideas
on what could be causing this? It seems to me that it may be a fuse or
something. But I'm not sure where to start looking. Should this be
taken to a dealer? Or could I expect my independent mechanic to be able
to fix this?? I have the fuse sheet but can't figure out which fuse to
look at. From what I could tell.. it may be F13 or F39 (40A). I check
both and both looked ok. I didn't want to go any farther.. so I thought
I'd ask for some help here. I would appreciate ANY advice on this.
Please e-mail me at

Btw, already posted to alt.autos.mercedes

Thanks in advance!

Dave Webb
Baltimore, MD

Old September 22nd 05, 03:39 PM
John S.

> Hello.
> I've had my 2002 Mercedes S55 a little over a week now and have just
> had my first problem. The front passenger door does not seem to
> working.. that is, the power assist close, the folding side view mirror
> and seat adjustments, etc are not working. Would anyone have ANY ideas
> on what could be causing this? It seems to me that it may be a fuse or
> something. But I'm not sure where to start looking. Should this be
> taken to a dealer? Or could I expect my independent mechanic to be able
> to fix this?? I have the fuse sheet but can't figure out which fuse to
> look at. From what I could tell.. it may be F13 or F39 (40A). I check
> both and both looked ok. I didn't want to go any farther.. so I thought
> I'd ask for some help here. I would appreciate ANY advice on this.
> Please e-mail me at

> Btw, already posted to alt.autos.mercedes
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Dave Webb
> Baltimore, MD

Were those features working before today?

My first guess is the fuses, but I'm concerned that so many devices
could go out at one time. Are they all tied to a common fuse? If not
you have another problem that requires analysis beyond identifying and
replacing blown fuses.

My experience with independent brand-specific mechanics has been spotty
at best. If you know someone who can refer you to a good MB
independent mechanic then by all means use that individual if you wish.
Otherwise take the car to an established MB dealership for an analysis.